Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org - page 86. (Read 125349 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 417
I just changed the logo, due to the recent post from the Tor Project: https://twitter.com/torproject/status/855882107234770944

https://github.com/carsenk/torcoin/commit/e1119f1170c3b3deede5bd2ea38445d716829297

If we need to change the name as well and they are not okay with us keeping Torcoin after removing their icon, a rebranding will occur, which we will need some solid ideas for names guys. Waiting to hear back from them, so far nothing major though, I changed the logo so that in good faith that they will maybe allow us to keep the name.

I have tried to see what my partner says about this and if he will update the site etc, currently awaiting a reply back.

I don't think you should merely ask them via twitter about what you can and cannot do. You need to have some sort of formal conversation with The Tor Project. You should have done this before releasing the coin. You can't just tweet something like  "lol opps man can we pleeeease keep the name guys thats'd be cool af!!!1" and expect everything to be ok.

Please stop being unprofessional. I want this project to succeed but you lack judgment Carsen. Please try to start behaving like an adult.

Certainly understandable, I thought my boss had messaged them before, which apparently he did not...

I just sent execdir(at)torproject(dot)org an email in regards to it. If they don't like just the logo change and want the name changed as well, I have no problem in doing a rebrand.

I also honestly didn't think it would take off like this, I also thought we made it super clear we are not affiliated with The Tor Project in anyway....but maybe just maybe they will reconsider.

I haven't received any sort of cease or desist or any contact from them yet, I just saw that post on twitter and thought I would be transparent with the community and with them, I have nothing to hide, I would love to work with The Tor Project honestly, but if not then we don't have to shut Torcoin down, we can just rebrand it to an entirely new name, which it could still succeed from.
Activity: 914
Merit: 299
tor coin  price: TOR - BTC market:
Buy: 0.00117686
Sell: 0.00129794

What happened?
Will the price rise again?

Yeah it will probably have a few mOre pumps before the final dump, like most shitcoins Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
ALTCOIN KING

What happened?

With an available supply of approx 100,000 coins and a cap of only 1 million coins I am pretty sure that it will!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

What happened?
ALTCOIN KING
In the spirit of cryptocurrency and Satoshi himself showed this by example: Coins are supposed to be community based NOT based on any one person.

If any one has a complaint about this individual then get together and support the coin and the technology behind it. If the individual does not cooperate with the community then fork the damn coin.

Personally I like this coin along with the idea of a coin operating over TOR.

I also believe that this coin has a lot of potential and is extremely UNDERVALUED.  With only  approx 100,000 coins in circulation and a total of 1 million coins in total, all it takes is one investor or few investors to send the value of this coin to $200 overnight.

In the long term I see this coin maybe going higher than bitcoin.

Well said carsen sockpuppet account. Keep walking...Erm...scamming

Why is this being copied from original tor token I knew and liked to play with. Where is the original tor foundation and millionaires backing it. Tor had a huge fund and could buy any source they wanted, adopt it and introduce useful tweaks to it in a sense of improving elements of it hugely. All efforts to revive the old tor came a cropper, nothing can be done now.

Carsen is doing something great and he need community support!  (See my earlier post about Satoshi and the spirit of bitcoin.)

We can't expect him to do everything.  

Carsen should be able to do just like Satoshi and walk away with ALL of us supporting the coin and technology!
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
In the spirit of cryptocurrency and Satoshi himself showed this by example: Coins are supposed to be community based NOT based on any one person.

If any one has a complaint about this individual then get together and support the coin and the technology behind it. If the individual does not cooperate with the community then fork the damn coin.

I also believe that this coin has a lot of potential and is extremely UNDERVALUED.  With only  approx 100,000 coins in circulation and a total of 1 million coins in total, all it takes is one investor or few investors to send the value of this coin to $200 overnight.

Why is this being copied from original tor token I knew and liked to play with. Where is the original tor foundation and millionaires backing it. Tor had a huge fund and could buy any source they wanted, adopt it and introduce useful tweaks to it in a sense of improving elements of it hugely. All efforts to revive the old tor came a cropper, nothing can be done now.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I just changed the logo, due to the recent post from the Tor Project: https://twitter.com/torproject/status/855882107234770944

https://github.com/carsenk/torcoin/commit/e1119f1170c3b3deede5bd2ea38445d716829297

If we need to change the name as well and they are not okay with us keeping Torcoin after removing their icon, a rebranding will occur, which we will need some solid ideas for names guys. Waiting to hear back from them, so far nothing major though, I changed the logo so that in good faith that they will maybe allow us to keep the name.

I have tried to see what my partner says about this and if he will update the site etc, currently awaiting a reply back.

I don't think you should merely ask them via twitter about what you can and cannot do. You need to have some sort of formal conversation with The Tor Project. You should have done this before releasing the coin. You can't just tweet something like  "lol opps man can we pleeeease keep the name guys thats'd be cool af!!!1" and expect everything to be ok.

Please stop being unprofessional. I want this project to succeed but you lack judgment Carsen. Please try to start behaving like an adult.
ALTCOIN KING

Isn't TOR open source as well?

Keep the onion. Use a different onion logo if needed. Your coin is operating over TOR.  

Also report the post to the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation): https://www.eff.org

In the spirit of Internet freedom the TOR project should be supporting YOU!

Also, remind the people over at the TOR project that all of the human rights activists they are trying to keep alive in repressive countries may actually need a a virtual currency that operates over TOR in order to survive!
the behavior of some in the forum is really sad. i just want to read some news about torcoin but every time there are tons of new useless posts. i mean, maybe there was an issue with carsen in the past but meanwhile everyone should have noticed it. i don't really care about it, in this thread he admits that not every single of his decisions was right.
just ask yourself: you're proud of everything you've ever done? i'm not!

Ask yourself, why accounts with little to none post history (like you) keep appearing to protect carsen? Maybe because they are sock puppet accounts? Keep scamming carsen

My email was registered as [email protected]

I lost my login when the FBI snatched the tormail servers in 2013.

bitcointalk can verify that my email was on tormail

Yes carse....Sorry...Usscfounder or whatever...Sure thing, we believe whatever you say to keep this scam going Wink
ALTCOIN KING
the behavior of some in the forum is really sad. i just want to read some news about torcoin but every time there are tons of new useless posts. i mean, maybe there was an issue with carsen in the past but meanwhile everyone should have noticed it. i don't really care about it, in this thread he admits that not every single of his decisions was right.

Ask yourself, why accounts with little to none post history (like you) keep appearing to protect carsen? Maybe because they are sock puppet accounts? Keep scamming carsen

My email was registered as [email protected]

I lost my login when the FBI snatched the tormail servers in 2013.

bitcointalk can verify that my email was on tormail

Man you are delusional, you may want to take a break from Bitcointalk...My only account here is kingcarsen.

Newly updated Windows-QT with new logos (Removed Tor Project logo): https://mega.nz/#!XQ4CUKCT!UaV5PFsiOJ8zC5AdBa6h28D5nCkgtNzqtxt4sikVAMs

ALTCOIN KING
I am my own individual and have been here since 2013.

I am also known on here by another name:  

"usscfounder"

Yeah and after 4 years of being here your first posts are on torcoin. What a coincidence

Yes, I admit that these are my first posts after 4 years, but I would like to think I made a significant contribution to the cryptocurrency community with the posts that I originally made before my hiatus:

search "usscfounder" on bitcointalk

My email was registered as usscfounder@tormail

I lost my login when the FBI snatched the tormail servers in 2013
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

"usscfounder"

Yeah and after 4 years of being here your first posts are on torcoin. What a coincidence
ALTCOIN KING

"usscfounder"

ALTCOIN KING

I also believe that this coin has a lot of potential and is extremely UNDERVALUED.  With only  approx 100,000 coins in circulation and a total of 1 million coins in total, all it takes is one investor or few investors to send the value of this coin to $200 overnight.

Dang a troll deleted his posts lolol...

Well anyways. If someone has an issue with the project or needs assistance hit up the github!
Pages:
Jump to: