Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Triangles [TRI] Now Stable & Working Anonymous Cloak over TOR - ON BITTREX - page 9. (Read 90224 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Take your time, I think the most people involved in TRI are patient. Wink

Cool

I appreciate that because work called - some "emergency".... Anyways, its very late now and I have to hit the bed. So everything is postponed to tomorrow.

Sorry!
Activity: 1442
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust

Cool
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Power outages in swfl knocked me offline last night so I'm completely (out of sync) now.  Roll Eyes

I noticed that. Wink Doesnt matter anyways now. The new wallet will be released either later this day or tomorrow (more likely - I have to do some other, non-TRI related stuff today).

I will post at least some screenshots today - if not release the new client.

Power outages in swfl knocked me offline last night so I'm completely (out of sync) now.  Roll Eyes

I noticed that. Wink Doesnt matter anyways now. The new wallet will be released either later this day or tomorrow (more likely - I have to do some other, non-TRI related stuff today).

I will post at least some screenshots today - if not release the new client.
No more Rekt and Bust
The blockexplorer will be down most part of the day - testing, upgrading, verifying stuff. Just that you know. Wink

Oh, one important thing i forgot - it's still compatible with old/existing wallet.dat files. Wink

No more Rekt and Bust
I want to use the golf clap gif some more but I'll wait until the next page.  Grin THANKS!

I spent some "wage slavery"-time to work on something actually interesting: the TRI wallet.

So where are we at?

Done:
- Completely new wallet with "modernized" codebase. GUI will still need some rework - but that's a matter of design and not really mandatory for now.
- The wallet completely imports the current blockchain without problems.
- No problems so far - at least not that I know of.

To do:
- Tests - I will test as much as possible on my own (with 2-3 wallets), the "real" testing will happen with the well known "Testing Group".
- Make changes to the GUI to adapt to the new feature (Ok, this GUI addition is mandatory unless you don't want to use the console to use the feature). (Oh, I didn't mention anything about a new feature? That's because i like (positive) surprises and overdeliveries.  Grin)
- Solve every problem that may possibly arise during testing

I will now return home and work on the remaining topics later this evening. I will keep you posted.

compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling....  Wink

Cool man. there was another .7 btc trade on trex so should be safe there for another week anyway. That trade and the last one[also .7] seemed like 'sell to self' type of trades to keep the .1 per day weekly average...  everyone left is of the collector mindset. Smiley

Whoever did that: Great move and thanks for your confidence. Wink

PS: daemon is compiling, close to succesfully compile the GUI too. Small break now, returning to work in a few.
No more Rekt and Bust
compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling....  Wink

Cool man. there was another .7 btc trade on trex so should be safe there for another week anyway. That trade and the last one[also .7] seemed like 'sell to self' type of trades to keep the .1 per day weekly average...  everyone left is of the collector mindset. Smiley
compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling, debugging, compiling....  Wink
No more Rekt and Bust
so much code........

33 files to commit now. instead of 8 half a day before. Smiley
Fail, no.
Thanks for the hard work wurstgelee.

Imo it's really impressive we've come this far under these circumstances.

Wink

Good night! It's late. :/
No more Rekt and Bust
Fail, no.
Thanks for the hard work wurstgelee.

Imo it's really impressive we've come this far under these circumstances.

Is it fail project?

No. Fail language. Wink

Fixing the sync issue was stalled for 5 days  - dev had holidays. Cheesy

Work was resumed the day after his return (yesterday).

Situation Update:

The fix I worked out yesterday solves our current issue. So far so good.

But the more I digged into the code to find the reason for the sync issue, the more I realized how ugly and dirty our original dev has done some things (and how ugly the fix would be to counter former uglyness). Imo it's really impressive we've come this far under these circumstances. Wink

So what now?

I started to review the whole codebase of the wallet today, mainly focusing on the miner (i completely reworked that one today - wallet will now for example cause less CPU load), the kernel and main since this is where the magic happens. Wink I have made good progress today and will continue to work on the code for another hour or so until i go to bed, but since this is A LOT of work I will need a few days until everthing will be done (I work ~8-10 h/day as a sysadmin wage slave - so time is precious).

The reason why I am doing this is dead simple: You can't build a solid coin on a crappy codebase. We HAVE to fix this.

All I need from you is some more patience. I expect a working wallet somewhere during the weekend - probably towards the end of it.

But it's worth the waiting! Wink

PS: I will try to show you something of the work in progress tomorrow. I dont know what exactly that will be yet. Wink

PPS: Meanwhile the blockchain is still alive and healthy - see http://explorer.triangles.technology . Only if you loose sync for several hours, you can't resync - Stephen and I managed to keep some staking wallets synced. So no blockchain restart or anything else will be required once the new wallet is ready. Those of you who are stuck somewhere behind simply resync and thats it:)

Pages:
Jump to: