Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TRTL] TurtleCoin - Cowabunga Dudes! - page 25. (Read 44353 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 1
February 18, 2018, 06:35:03 PM
“One Trillion Turtles: Coin Supply and Unit Economics” @_turtlecoin https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/one-trillion-turtles-coin-supply-and-unit-economics-5bfbea0aa1f1

The highlight from that article, remove the decimal places from these coins and this is how many units there are of each coin.

Code:
TRTL:               100,000,000,000,000

BTC:              2,100,000,000,000,000

IOTA:             2,779,530,283,277,761

LTC:               8,400,000,000,000,000

ETH: 97,879,990,190,000,000,000,000,000

1 Trillion + 2 decimals is less than 21 Million + 8 decimals.
I can do 2 decimal math in my head, 8 decimals, not so much...

1 Trillion sounds big compared to 21million, as soon as you remove the decimal and focus on actual units, it turns out to be less.

That's easy for YOU to say...  I mean... That requires actually using your brain and doing simple math.
The crypto world is inundated with low IQ miners and/or investors.  Simple math simply does not compute.
February 18, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
In essence, those in the know have a massive head start on the plebs.

And this shitcoin has been trading for a while on that dodgy exchange.

1 Trillion coins as well.

And 140,667,505.57 TRTL waiting to be dumped on that scam exchange.

No thanks.

Enjoy conning the noobs.

The 1 Trillion thing isn't really a thing, and it's a lot fewer than most other coins (given our decimal arrangement).

TradeOgre seemed okay the single time i've used it to buy some TRTL.  There is nothing yet to indicate that they are dodgy (people get their coins in/out no problem), just fairly new.

We're not conning anyone, you buy/sell/mine what you like we're not here to tell anyone to do anything.

The problem that the crypto world is now facing is that many of the people coming in feel "entitled".
Mining this coin or any other coin is a "choice".  You mine it/buy it or you don't.
Most of the new people coming in, it is like... I mine it/ buy it, means you owe me something for getting involved.
Even the ones that simply read some posts, but don't get involved, feel it is their duty to tell the world that you and your coin somehow hurt their feelings.

Smart people like you and I, check out a coin forum and decide... we like it and stay or we don't like it and leave.
Losers... Well.... They have to make sure EVERYONE knows they don't like the coin.  And they will stick around and post over and over again, just to make sure enough people know how they feel.

We've gone from reality tv to reality altcoin forums.

Activity: 21
Merit: 4
February 18, 2018, 06:14:18 PM
Opened a new pool for trtl:

http://turtlebay.fun/

feel free to join, and by so spreading out the hashrate!  Wink

February 18, 2018, 06:12:56 PM
In essence, those in the know have a massive head start on the plebs.

And this shitcoin has been trading for a while on that dodgy exchange.

1 Trillion coins as well.

And 140,667,505.57 TRTL waiting to be dumped on that scam exchange.

No thanks.

Enjoy conning the noobs.

You sound butthurt ...
You upset because you are not worthy enough to have been "in the know"?

So the coin was started somewhere else first...  Cry me a river.

Why do you losers ALWAYS feel the need to post negative comments?

You come in, you read... You don't like what you see, you leave.  It really is that easy.

Instead, you losers always stick around and resort to whining and bitching.
It really shows your level of intelligence.
February 18, 2018, 06:04:51 PM
I'm not too convinced about this coin. There's like a glaring bug every day. People can't even synch the blockchain lol.

With all their developers you'd think they had something simple and fundamental as getting a blockchain sync to work 100 percent

You are more than welcome to walk away and mine another coin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 02:29:26 PM
hi dev, please create wallet CLI to debian user, please  Smiley
Activity: 8
February 18, 2018, 01:04:54 PM
I like this coin. Profitable and straightforward to mine and the green turtle branding is eyecatching. Discord is active.

Two decimal places is a godsend. Much easier for a human to read, and tried and tested with traditional currency.

'turtlePay accepted here'

for me (at this moment at this price) its the same as XMR to mine on a few Xeon CPUs... It will be real profit if the price goes up.. Obviously Turtle has more chance to go up.
Activity: 2
February 18, 2018, 11:37:49 AM
I like this coin. Profitable and straightforward to mine and the green turtle branding is eyecatching. Discord is active.

Two decimal places is a godsend. Much easier for a human to read, and tried and tested with traditional currency.

'turtlePay accepted here'
Activity: 29
February 18, 2018, 07:28:47 AM
I'm not too convinced about this coin. There's like a glaring bug every day. People can't even synch the blockchain lol.

With all their developers you'd think they had something simple and fundamental as getting a blockchain sync to work 100 percent
Activity: 417
February 18, 2018, 07:05:35 AM
http://prntscr.com/iftyez
why no sincronice?

i have identical proble. i try with gui and cli 0.3.2 i delete base and sync but nothing.

https://prnt.sc/igcuoi

DEV - ADMIN REPAIR THIS .

i have 200 000 coin in Wallet and wallet not work
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
February 18, 2018, 05:25:40 AM
When I first read the game Turtlecoin I thought you are some turtle lover who wants to pretend that he is planning on saving turtles around the globe. People are freaking out here doing all kinds of things with crypto... Cheesy Why the name Turtlecoin?
February 18, 2018, 05:19:52 AM
hi

my deamon stuck on 192085 block. i try 2 version wallet i delete base and stuck again.
i sync reset but stuck again on block 192085. i tray with 2.1.2 version and now i try with 0.3.2 but stuck again

pls help .
https://prnt.sc/ig9h9t

any DEV answer me?

what block in base now?
i always stay on 192085.

2018-Feb-18 09:59:56.733846 INFO    [93.21.99.11:11897 OUT] Sync data returned u
nknown top block: 192085 -> 197842 [5757 blocks (1 days) behind]
2018-Feb-18 09:59:56.733846 INFO    SYNCHRONIZATION started
2018-Feb-18 10:00:02.349856 WARNING Proof of work too weak for block c775953062f
05dae5a025d0e3a66cd5bca89b9295f1fc6eab0b1e2245442178f
2018-Feb-18 10:00:07.482265 ERROR   [96.55.153.49:11897 OUT] Failed to invoke CO
MMAND_HANDSHAKE, closing connection.
2018-Feb-18 10:00:07.482265 WARNING Failed to HANDSHAKE with peer 96.55.153.49:1

what is this : WARNING Proof of work too weak for block )=?Huh?

how i repair this? i try all. give me link for good BASe. Synx not work.

Activity: 294
Merit: 15
February 18, 2018, 04:28:35 AM
Every coin has to be approved by a large number of users in the end to survive, and Turtlecoin is no exception, which makes us see how popular it is.
February 17, 2018, 10:21:40 PM
hi

my deamon stuck on 192085 block. i try 2 version wallet i delete base and stuck again.
i sync reset but stuck again on block 192085. i tray with 2.1.2 version and now i try with 0.3.2 but stuck again

pls help .
https://prnt.sc/ig9h9t
Activity: 210
February 17, 2018, 05:06:29 AM
I believe that the turtle is a very promising coin and is actively developing. Many coins can not make a GUI, but there are several. Of the new updates released mobile monitoring pools, very convenient. The guys are working and it can be seen.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
February 16, 2018, 07:31:27 PM
http://prntscr.com/iftyez
why no sincronice?
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 03:58:51 PM
hi

ok ,TS was not a help with x days in "maintenance",and tradeogre after...
btw,when the wallet where "ok" everybodi dump the trtl :/ so sad.

i hope the trtl price will grow and the dumper bite they're balls Shocked
copper member
Activity: 87
Merit: 5
February 16, 2018, 03:29:54 PM
4. With a neutral viewpoint, we can't say whether these two exchanges are under your control. But, then again, you two are anonymous devs, who knows what control you have in the first place. Was TradeSatoshi even an exchange that the consensus voted on? Or did the lead devs simply abruptly shove a btc into tradesatoshi to get it listed without any sort of community feedback? Surely the decentralized exchanges you're working on being added are cheaper than TradeSatoshi, if not free. I'm not certain why you would single out tradesatoshi as the exchange of choice. Surely alternative, better known exchanges could've been chosen with that same listing fee.

It is utterly ridiculous that you would expect the devs - or anyone - to waste time proving a negative. Your argument:
1) You're anon
2) You might have controlled listing on TS/manipulated price/caused the Global Financial Crisis/rigged the US election/killed JFK
3) Therefore the onus is on you to prove you didn't.

Seriously?
It's pretty staggering Bebop gave you the courtesy of answering you at all.

I've been researching new alts to get into. The unprofessionalism that goes on in this thread turned me off.

I'm not sure whether or not the collective negative responses coming from others who merely question some aspects of the coin, its events, and its anonymous creators are true or false.

However the coin's supporters reply calling these critics "flat earthers" and "JFK conspiracy theorists". It just makes the coin look more scammy.

I don't agree with anonymous developers for centralized crypto.

But from what I can tell, turtlecoin is doing the anon thing the correct way. They're trying to make a statement that it's not the devs who matter, but the coin's following. The devs ultimately don't have more power than the coin's active members.

But I'd like to offer a caveat to that as well. It seems as though only the two anonymous devs have the power to kick people from the turtlecoin discord. They took away all administration right from all mods and administrative.

If they can do that for the main community, they could just as easily do so for other aspects of the coin, including development.

Just a caveat. It's only decentralized on its face, it can go centralized with a few clicks

That is a fair point, and my unprofessionalism is a bit of an embarrassment.  In many ways I wish i'd never interacted in the first place, but removing my posts would be a far greater error in judgement right now.

I am sorry that this thread was such a negative for you, as obviously that was not the intention.  But I do take FUD and mis-truth very personally, and sadly I overreacted.

It is very hard to remain civil when you have been called a liar, or incompetent, but I certainly should have.  Maybe at the age of 40 I am still not mature enough to interact with people semi-anonymously on forums such as these.

I guess the thing I find the hardest is people taking a little grain of knowledge and filling in a whole backstory, which is in most cases completely fictional.  Then when trying to explain what actually happened (and things that can be verified), you get called a liar or that you are changing your story.  You end up going down a mine shaft of constantly retorting and trying to set records straight when actually, the arguments are impossible to answer as the response is always a change of question or an accusation.

I spent a long time writing the original [ANN] post, trying to explain that we are "just another clone", but with what we hope is the potential for more.  I was hoping to negate the barrage of abuse that nearly always accompanies an announcement here in this scenario.

But to be clear, I have no problem with people calling is a shitcoin, or a scam.  I mean realistically, it hurts a little ,but it also upsets the community that is working hard to build something. But, believe it or not, I am mature enough to understand that you can't win everyone over, and sometimes the only proof that will do is when the coin is still around and no-one has scammed anyone.  But people will form their own opinions and I am happy for that, it's a free world after all.

The reason I so fervently try to set the record straight is that people come here to learn about the coin, they see lots of FUD, lots of fictional opinion and it is just not helpful for anyone.  I mean the ability to make an RPC call to any running daemon with access without any kind of authentication is an absolute fact, unless you take steps to secure it yourself.  But then it still means you are vulnerable to malware attacks stealing your crypto.  For me it was a fairly simple statement, I was not expecting accusations, for the dev team to be vilified and for statements to be made that were overtly and provably inaccurate.

People will read those comments and think that the dev team is a joke, and that is a very personal thing for us as I simply don't believe that to be true.  There are some seriously talented people working on this, and it will take time, and it will be bumpy from time to time but ultimately we are moving forward and learning from all the mistakes that are made.

Anyhow, thanks for contributing to the discussion, it was a sobering read (and before that is brought up again, I don't even drink, it's just an expression).
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
February 16, 2018, 11:13:20 AM

How is it hard to prove a negative?

"You were the one who robbed the bank"
"No, I was in xyz place and time playing with my toy turtle in the bath on my own, with no witnesses during the robbery."

"You're behind a mass conspiracy."
"No. I haven't any connections but with a few powerless friends. Of course it's hard to prove a lack of connections, and easy to conceal them and claim I don't have them. Meh, what can you do?"

"You're the owner of tradesatoshi and tradeogre.`
"No. I'm not Mr. Johnny Depp or ms. Jane wright. Honest. I'm sure you believe me. I take my privacy seriously enough that I won't provide a random stranger on the internet with my passport details to prove it. And why should I anyway? The onus is on him to prove wrongdoing, not make a wild claim and put me to the inconvenience. I'm pretty sure the principle 'Innocent until proven guilty' is there for a reason."

Activity: 38
February 16, 2018, 10:40:56 AM
4. With a neutral viewpoint, we can't say whether these two exchanges are under your control. But, then again, you two are anonymous devs, who knows what control you have in the first place. Was TradeSatoshi even an exchange that the consensus voted on? Or did the lead devs simply abruptly shove a btc into tradesatoshi to get it listed without any sort of community feedback? Surely the decentralized exchanges you're working on being added are cheaper than TradeSatoshi, if not free. I'm not certain why you would single out tradesatoshi as the exchange of choice. Surely alternative, better known exchanges could've been chosen with that same listing fee.

It is utterly ridiculous that you would expect the devs - or anyone - to waste time proving a negative. Your argument:
1) You're anon
2) You might have controlled listing on TS/manipulated price/caused the Global Financial Crisis/rigged the US election/killed JFK
3) Therefore the onus is on you to prove you didn't.

Seriously?
It's pretty staggering Bebop gave you the courtesy of answering you at all.

I've been researching new alts to get into. The unprofessionalism that goes on in this thread turned me off.

I'm not sure whether or not the collective negative responses coming from others who merely question some aspects of the coin, its events, and its anonymous creators are true or false.

However the coin's supporters reply calling these critics "flat earthers" and "JFK conspiracy theorists". It just makes the coin look more scammy.

I don't agree with anonymous developers for centralized crypto.

But from what I can tell, turtlecoin is doing the anon thing the correct way. They're trying to make a statement that it's not the devs who matter, but the coin's following. The devs ultimately don't have more power than the coin's active members.

But I'd like to offer a caveat to that as well. It seems as though only the two anonymous devs have the power to kick people from the turtlecoin discord. They took away all administration right from all mods and administrative.

If they can do that for the main community, they could just as easily do so for other aspects of the coin, including development.

Just a caveat. It's only decentralized on its face, it can go centralized with a few clicks

I think you missed my point. It's extremely difficult to prove a negative and frankly, why should they try? It was an odd thing to accuse devs of anyway, since most of the crypto world seems to spend 90% of their time clamouring for new exchanges.
TL;DR someone is always going to be upset about something. Just another day in crypto.

How is it hard to prove a negative?

"You were the one who robbed the bank"
"No, I was in xyz place and time during the robbery."
"You're behind a mass conspiracy."
"No. I haven't any connections but with a few powerless friends."
"You're the owner of tradesatoshi and tradeogre.`
"No. I'm not Mr. Johnny Depp or ms. Jane wright.:
Pages:
Jump to: