Author

Topic: [ANN] TrueFlip - Become a part of the world's largest blockchain lottery +Bounty - page 111. (Read 115440 times)

YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
Hi,

As a potential investor, I am very concerned by what I have seen looking at your lottery algorithm. There are 2 glaring issues that undermine the legitimacy of your lottery and are astounding given the millions that will soon be raffled on the site.

1) Any customer who has purchased a ticket using number 49 has been cheated. Your algorithm uses modulo 49 which makes it so only numbers 1 through 48 are drawn.
2) Your algorithm discards repeated numbers and moves to the next 4 bit section in the hash. This is inherently ok, but there are no safeguards to prevent a bitcoin block hash that generates duplicate powerball numbers exceeding the unique hash length. This may not happen for a long time, if ever, but there are already 18 prefix 0s on the bitcoin block hash, reducing your available seeds for the drawings, and this will only decrease in time. When it does hit, your algo will crash. For a lottery based business understanding the impact of ' small odds', this should go without saying..

https://github.com/TrueFlip/prizecounter/blob/master/algorithm.py

Isn't this algo used only for seed generation?

Unfortunately not, but it is a poor choice of function naming. You can run today's hash through it to verify: 0000000000000000002ff9ee5ca24aa6c3248179a830b984c245c9390b0e165a gives [38,37,14,47,11,21], same as powerball numbers.
Weird, I'll wait for a response, maybe they are using an updated version of this algo or maybe it's just an early version.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi,

As a potential investor, I am very concerned by what I have seen looking at your lottery algorithm. There are 2 glaring issues that undermine the legitimacy of your lottery and are astounding given the millions that will soon be raffled on the site.

1) Any customer who has purchased a ticket using number 49 has been cheated. Your algorithm uses modulo 49 which makes it so only numbers 1 through 48 are drawn.
2) Your algorithm discards repeated numbers and moves to the next 4 bit section in the hash. This is inherently ok, but there are no safeguards to prevent a bitcoin block hash that generates duplicate powerball numbers exceeding the unique hash length. This may not happen for a long time, if ever, but there are already 18 prefix 0s on the bitcoin block hash, reducing your available seeds for the drawings, and this will only decrease in time. When it does hit, your algo will crash. For a lottery based business understanding the impact of ' small odds', this should go without saying..

Unfortunately not, but it is a poor choice of function naming. You can run today's hash through it to verify: 0000000000000000002ff9ee5ca24aa6c3248179a830b984c245c9390b0e165a gives [38,37,14,47,11,21], same as powerball numbers.
YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
Hi,

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi,

2) Your algorithm discards repeated numbers and moves to the next 4 character section in the hash. This is inherently ok, but there are no safeguards to prevent a bitcoin block hash that generates duplicate powerball numbers exceeding the unique hash length. This may not happen for a long time, if ever, but there are already 18 prefix 0s on the bitcoin block hash, reducing your available seeds for the drawings, and this will only decrease in time. When it does hit, your algo will crash. For a lottery based business understanding the impact of ' small odds', this should go without saying..

edit: 4 character, not 4 bit
edit2: this also applies to the golden ball with modulo 26
Activity: 1260
Merit: 267
iGaming past. GameFi changer tomorrow.
Good News

We are very pleased to inform you that the well-known rating agency icorating.com has prepared a report on our ICO and identified its excellent prospects by awarding an estimate of STABLE+. BTW ICO is comming 28 june. http://icorating.com/project/103/True-Flip

Best regards,
Trueflip.io
I just join bitcointalk signature sir

Welcome indo1!

Please fill this form

https://goo.gl/K8X3Up

So I could mark your wearing and put the stakes on your account.

Best regards,
Trueflip.io

You are in,
welcome!

Best regards,
Trueflip.io

thank you sir I just send it

Hi, campaign manager, I made the arrangement of my post similar to others but I didn't edit any of the tweets and retweets and it remains as it is. I only removed the date so it will be easier to count. Thank you again, sir, for the opportunity to join this campaign!

Thanks!

Best regards,
Trueflip.io
The Greek translation is now complete here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19714118

Enjoy friends.

Dear killerjoegreece

ευχαριστώ !

Best regards,
Trueflip.io
It was pleasure to contribute as Korean translator.

Good luck with your ICO.

Hello SolidLiquid

Thank you for your work!

Korean translation is coming tomorrow.

Best regards,
Trueflip.io
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Native Korean, Professional Translator
It was pleasure to contribute as Korean translator.

Good luck with your ICO.
After seeing the response of investors in pre-ico round I have bookmarked this thread to have permanent eye on the development. The main round of money collecting will be much more interesting. I would love to put some token in my pocket like other investors. It has to become little popular and the tokens will go to sky at value.

Dear Xandan

Thank you so much for your words and trust!

We do our best to make your words come tru.

Best regards,
Trueflip.io

Activity: 281
Merit: 250
This is fun way to play online lottery with my favorite cryptocurrency but in future I would like to play with ETH. How many cryptocurrencies you will add there after this ICO I think ERC20 tokens are truly hot at the moment if you would add there than it will get more players there to try their luck.

Hello, we will add total 4 cryptocurrency after ico : LTC, ETH, BTC, DASH

Best regards,
Trueflip.io

I see you can't use TFL tokens to buy tickets, please tell us what the TFL tokens can be used for i.e. what is the incentive to buy them?

Token holder will receive dividens from every sold ticket.
And it will be added to smart contract.
With jackpot at 3000btc it wiil be thousands of sold tickets every day i think.
Jump to: