Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: UnitedBitcoin - UBTC - Launched in Silicon Valley on Dec 12, 2017 - page 7. (Read 13915 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Surely a new phase is needed. There are a lot of us that simply didn't know about the requirements to move the coins. I see in all the forums people complaining about not knowing. A policy update is needed with a new phase, at least with the half of ration. And a bit of an effort to reach to the people is needed. It seems that everything is at the developer and inside info level. Especially with the policy of redistributing the inactive wallets, it seems a bit sketchy that only 2 phases were allowed, in a very short period of time.
Regards,
Frank.

A new phase isn't needed.  I didn't know about the Stellar airdrop last year and missed out on that.  And it was 100% my fault and Stellar doesn't need another airdrop.

If you didn't know the requirement for United Bitcoin fork, then it's 100% your fault.   You missed this one, so try to pay attention better next time and perhaps you won't make the same mistake.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Surely a new phase is needed. There are a lot of us that simply didn't know about the requirements to move the coins. I see in all the forums people complaining about not knowing. A policy update is needed with a new phase, at least with the half of ration. And a bit of an effort to reach to the people is needed. It seems that everything is at the developer and inside info level. Especially with the policy of redistributing the inactive wallets, it seems a bit sketchy that only 2 phases were allowed, in a very short period of time.
Regards,
Frank.
Activity: 187
Merit: 25
The distribution seems weird. Any reasons behind it?

This is UnitedBitcoin

Thank you for asking, yes are several reasons. Let me explain, UnitedBitcoin’ s fork breaks from convention with regards to distribution by differentiating between active- and inactive addresses. There are several advantages for doing so, first of all, it allows us to distribute UBTC across chains and across communities. Second, because there is less alt-coin flipping, resulting in less volatility for Bitcoin itself. Lastly, the remaining (inactive) balance can be used as collateral for future Eco-system developments.

Except from the utterly stupid conditions regarding which addresses are inactive and which aren't.
My address was active at the time of phase 2. I transferred them to another wallet after the fork.
Activity: 25
I moved my BTC before Jan 2nd to other addresses.
All BTC is on hardware wallets.
How can I claim UnitedBitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Found this on their website
We expect to distribute UBTC by 24 th January 2018 as announced yesterday.
This would suggest that there is some manual intervention required perhaps?
Maybe I am being too much of an optimist but I would hope that the UB coins will get distributed fairly by that date.
Otherwise if all the coins have ended up with Mr Garzik then I can't see it being that useful as a currency, I mean, who the hell would want any if only one person has them all??

So we can send and trade the ubtc till 24th Jan?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
The distribution seems weird. Any reasons behind it?

This is UnitedBitcoin

Thank you for asking, yes are several reasons. Let me explain, UnitedBitcoin’ s fork breaks from convention with regards to distribution by differentiating between active- and inactive addresses. There are several advantages for doing so, first of all, it allows us to distribute UBTC across chains and across communities. Second, because there is less alt-coin flipping, resulting in less volatility for Bitcoin itself. Lastly, the remaining (inactive) balance can be used as collateral for future Eco-system developments.

Except from the utterly stupid conditions regarding which addresses are inactive and which aren't.
Activity: 2
BTW: For airdrop 2, was it still a requirement to send some BTCs from wallet A to wallet A?
Or just any transaction from that wallet between specified blocks?

... sorry for advertising but, please see my signature for some free coins
Activity: 11
This is UnitedBitcoin

- The website is now available in Japanese
- The website is now available in Korean
- The website is now available in Traditional Chinese
Found this on their website
We expect to distribute UBTC by 24 th January 2018 as announced yesterday.
This would suggest that there is some manual intervention required perhaps?
Maybe I am being too much of an optimist but I would hope that the UB coins will get distributed fairly by that date.
Otherwise if all the coins have ended up with Mr Garzik then I can't see it being that useful as a currency, I mean, who the hell would want any if only one person has them all??
Activity: 87
Checked the balance on one of my BTC addresses on UB explorer and it appears to be zero?
It looks like a transaction happened on 2017-12-12 04:32:56.0 which moved the funds at my address to a segwit address that isn't mine?
Any explanations?

looks like the developers of this coin called "UnitedBitcoin" robbed you as only they can make this trick.

Same happened to me as well, my UBTCs were transferred out to 31rZdrTpN57Wbfhg7xTPxeFGjEQaMBjxoo address, see the 7cc9db8d1fd7789961f6e165723364d5e87501b75034f07bc1216f8835c4dfb6 transaction on UB blockchain.

UBTC developers appears to be quite greedy, those funds ended in a 1604192 UBTC wallet, worth >638,000,000$ at the "current price" Smiley
Mine were transferred to that same address as well.
Here is the txid 500c973997f35a2f876acbaa15a93518ac7cb752958bd44525d08a702e66cf88

i have checked a bunch of my addresses now, all of them were transfered on the 12th of december so far.
i hope united bitcoin can shred some light on this soon.
Checked the balance on one of my BTC addresses on UB explorer and it appears to be zero?
It looks like a transaction happened on 2017-12-12 04:32:56.0 which moved the funds at my address to a segwit address that isn't mine?
Any explanations?

looks like the developers of this coin called "UnitedBitcoin" robbed you as only they can make this trick.

Same happened to me as well, my UBTCs were transferred out to 31rZdrTpN57Wbfhg7xTPxeFGjEQaMBjxoo address, see the 7cc9db8d1fd7789961f6e165723364d5e87501b75034f07bc1216f8835c4dfb6 transaction on UB blockchain.

UBTC developers appears to be quite greedy, those funds ended in a 1604192 UBTC wallet, worth >638,000,000$ at the "current price" Smiley
Mine were transferred to that same address as well.
Here is the txid 500c973997f35a2f876acbaa15a93518ac7cb752958bd44525d08a702e66cf88
This is UnitedBitcoin

- Block 502,315 has been mined. This marks the end of phase #2 for Bitcoin holders.
Activity: 87
Any explanations?

i also had that on many of my addresses on the 12th of december, isn't that because of not being given on the phase 1 so that they transfered them to some kind of 'reserve' so to say to be allocated in the phase 2? (wishful thinking)
This is UnitedBitcoin

- Bitafex.com listed UBTC on their exchange as a trading pair: https://bitafex.com/trade/coin.html?coinType=66&tradeType=0
Activity: 2
Any explanations?

Activity: 610
Merit: 506
crypto = passion
Any explanations?

Any explanations?
Activity: 714
Merit: 105
I have bought UBTC from yobit, But not sure it is really united BTC because price there is much lower and withdrawal is impossible.
Will be appreciated if someone enlighten about it.
Activity: 34
Website is really cool. Good job!  Wink
This is UnitedBitcoin

- The final block height for the end of phase #2 is 502,315
Pages:
Jump to: