Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: UnitedBitcoin - UBTC - Launched in Silicon Valley on Dec 12, 2017 - page 9. (Read 13915 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
This is UnitedBitcoin

Today's updates

- HB.top exchange is now trading UBTC - HB.top - https://hb.top/
- Ranking site in China now lists UBTC: http://www.feixiaohao.com/currencies/unitedbitcoin/
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
dotbit.me
Note that they have just updated the rules for claiming UBTC:

https://www.ub.com/project/get

Regards
Btcdiv.com - The ultimate source for bitcoin dividends & airdrops
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Hi-

Question about receiving UBTC, and whether a 'change address' might mess things up for me.  Here is a transaction that I did in an attempt to claim my UBTC:

Address A (has 1 BTC) send -> Address A (0.1 BTC) and Address B (0.9 BTC)

So when I send the TXID to UB, will I receive 1 UBTC, 0.1 UBTC, or 0.9 BTC?  

Obviously my intention was to do a transaction to claim the full amount of UBTC that I can, but now I'm worried that only the amount sent to the original address (i.e., Address A) will be credited, and not the original amount in Address A, or the amount sent to Address B.

Can you please clarify how your crediting rules will work?

(I have already received the confirmation email acknowledging UB's receipt of my two TXID's, but there wasn't any amount mentioned in that email.)

Thank you!

Just send the entire amount to yourself to the same address, you don't need to use a change address.
Activity: 1
Hi-

Question about receiving UBTC, and whether a 'change address' might mess things up for me.  Here is a transaction that I did in an attempt to claim my UBTC:

Address A (has 1 BTC) send -> Address A (0.1 BTC) and Address B (0.9 BTC)

So when I send the TXID to UB, will I receive 1 UBTC, 0.1 UBTC, or 0.9 BTC?  

Obviously my intention was to do a transaction to claim the full amount of UBTC that I can, but now I'm worried that only the amount sent to the original address (i.e., Address A) will be credited, and not the original amount in Address A, or the amount sent to Address B.

Can you please clarify how your crediting rules will work?

(I have already received the confirmation email acknowledging UB's receipt of my two TXID's, but there wasn't any amount mentioned in that email.)

Thank you!

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Instead of sending the BTC to ourselves and having to reveal our public key why don't we just send you a signed message proving we are owners of a particular address.

Your public key is your address and you logically have to "reveal" your address if you want to receive any UBTC to it, the UB team is great but not telepathic.

This is wrong! Your address is a hash of the public key, not the public key itself. Hence, your coins are protected twofold, by the hash function as well as by elliptic curve cryptography. When spending from an address, the public key gets reveals and your coins are not protected by the hash function anymore, only by elliptic curve cryptography.

Thus, claiming the UBTC actually forces you to weaken your security, at least temporarily until you move your coins to a new address.

UBTC is quite valuable, well worth changing your btc address.
Activity: 2
Instead of sending the BTC to ourselves and having to reveal our public key why don't we just send you a signed message proving we are owners of a particular address.

Your public key is your address and you logically have to "reveal" your address if you want to receive any UBTC to it, the UB team is great but not telepathic.

This is wrong! Your address is a hash of the public key, not the public key itself. Hence, your coins are protected twofold, by the hash function as well as by elliptic curve cryptography. When spending from an address, the public key gets reveals and your coins are not protected by the hash function anymore, only by elliptic curve cryptography.

Thus, claiming the UBTC actually forces you to weaken your security, at least temporarily until you move your coins to a new address.
Activity: 210
Hello, I submitted my TXID on your  Submission Form on the website a couple days ago in phase 2 distribution. How long does it take for you to send the UBTC?

This is UnitedBitcoin

You will be notified automatically (shortly), give it a few days.

Did any of you see the balance after submitting TXID? Or should I wait till the end of phase two? then I'll be too late if I only find that I submitted wrongly
I checked here block.bitbank.com

I sent to my own address in phase two.  A few of blocks after that, I find my balance of UBTC was taken. now the balance is zero.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

Please update the ann page and website to reflect that UBTC is available for trade on Yobit.net @ https://yobit.net/en/trade/UBTC/BTC#12H

This is UnitedBitcoin
Integration with YoBit is ongoing, when it has been completed, we will make an official announcement.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
UBTC is valuable compare with other BTC forks but BCH excepted.  

This is UnitedBitcoin

Great suggestion, we're looking into that possibility as we speak, but as for now I cannot make any announcements yet
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Do I really need an Electrum wallet or could I stay with Jaxx?  And is it ok to transfer my BTC to another address within the wallet?  Or it is recommended to transfered to external wallet before claiming UBTC?  Thank you

This is UnitedBitcoin

JAXX doesn't support UnitedBitcoin yet, however we're looking to add external wallet support.

It is always recommended to transfer your BTC to another wallet before importing your private key elsewhere. Though our software is open-source and you can see it is safe, it is generally a best practice to be prudent Smiley
The distribution seems weird. Any reasons behind it?

This is UnitedBitcoin

Thank you for asking, yes are several reasons. Let me explain, UnitedBitcoin’ s fork breaks from convention with regards to distribution by differentiating between active- and inactive addresses. There are several advantages for doing so, first of all, it allows us to distribute UBTC across chains and across communities. Second, because there is less alt-coin flipping, resulting in less volatility for Bitcoin itself. Lastly, the remaining (inactive) balance can be used as collateral for future Eco-system developments.
is the UBTC in yobit the real UBTC? or it is a fake one? because they changed the ticker today to the same name

thanks

This is UnitedBitcoin

We've submitted a listing request, though didn't hear back from them yet. We are now verifying the information with them, an update will follow as soon as we have it.
Activity: 158
The distribution seems weird. Any reasons behind it?
Hello, I submitted my TXID on your  Submission Form on the website a couple days ago in phase 2 distribution. How long does it take for you to send the UBTC?

This is UnitedBitcoin

You will be notified automatically (shortly), give it a few days.
Can I claim in the same way if my BTC have been stored in a bech32 segwit address?

This is UnitedBitcoin

Yes, you are correct, the procedure for Bech32 SegWit addresses is the same.
It it safe import my priv key ?

This is UnitedBitcoin

Yes, it is safe, our source code is available for anybody to see on GitHub, however it as a general best practice, we advise everybody to move their Bitcoin to another wallet first before importing your private key in the UnitedBitcoin wallet. This will ensure that it is impossible to touch your Bitcoins.
Activity: 210
Hello, I submitted my TXID on your  Submission Form on the website a couple days ago in phase 2 distribution. How long does it take for you to send the UBTC?
Pages:
Jump to: