Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Unobtanium: Current Release 0.9.5 - page 21. (Read 148770 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 04:49:47 PM
i paid 5995 satoshi each. lol and keeping forever until $$$$$$...haha
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 01:06:56 PM
i just bought 10 unos for 6 cents each!

How?
Oh I see that trade on OpenEX, but I think you mean 60 cents.  Someone messed up their decimal places when selling or has no clue what the market value is.  Either way you got a great deal.

I'll buy them from you for $1.20 each - double you money!  Wink
Activity: 20
January 27, 2014, 12:58:07 PM
why does this coin have 'no proof of stake', why is this important, why did they choose this option?
Activity: 25
January 27, 2014, 12:20:48 PM
i just bought 10 unos for 6 cents each!
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
January 26, 2014, 09:15:56 PM
Very good work Benefactor. Looks awesome!!  Grin
lol.  Thanks, but it isn't my thing at all.  I was just passing along the info. to get it out there.  Pretty encouraging intel, huh?

While I'm at it, have we split the mining reward, again, yet?  That's coming up pretty soon!
legendary
Merit: 1001
January 26, 2014, 06:44:46 PM
FYI UNO has been added to a vote on the best new alt for 2014.  Please vote if you'd like:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359521.400
legendary
January 26, 2014, 06:42:40 PM
Very good work Benefactor. Looks awesome!!  Grin
Merit: 504
January 26, 2014, 05:25:45 PM
can anyone describe how make paper wallet for uno?

The paper wallet is being developed.  Here's a view of the design:

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
January 26, 2014, 11:42:32 AM
Don't mean to tell you how to play UNO, but here's some ideas for discussion. The basic characteristic of UNO is that it is a scarce coin. Soon the block reward will be cut in half again, and there will be even less UNO being dumped on the exchanges.

One of UNO's big advantages over other coins is it' fair start, and no pre-mine. This is a problem that has come back to haunt and discredit BTB right now. It's speculated that preminers are dumping BTB on the rises and sending the price lower as they try to unload a scam coin; those kinds of rumors (true or not), being dogged by the perception of an unfair start, and the fear of buyers of being dumped on by a BTB pre-miner makes UNO by far the best choice in the rare-coin category.

If  we play UNO the traditional "buy low, sell high" and just try to flip it for a very short term gain, we quickly stunt UNO's price appreciation. It's easy to jerk this coin around right now. Big deal. Not much fun, really, to yank such a small market. UNO is a different than other coins. It's not really a great alternative over btc or ltc for commerce, and not a good coin for short term speculation.  Unlike doge, you can never be a UNO millionaire (ever). So how can we play to UNO's strengths?

I don't see it ever having much place in b2c commerce, but it could do extremely well specifically as an alternative store of value.  You don't spend gold, and so you won't spend UNO.  And unlike coins like 42, where nobody will ever be able to own an entire coin, UNO will hold out that hope. If you want to speculate in crypto short term, clearly there are better coins for that than UNO that have more market cap, more volatility, and deep books.  UNO is really the perfect coin  for hoarding.

Set a reasonable goal for yourself to slowly accumulate 1% of the total available UNO over time; that's only 2500 kg/UNO or only about 11-15 btc at today's prices. If there are only 10 of us that work toward that 1% goal, and the rest of us buy what we can and hoard, while difficulty goes up, we can get UNO's value up to where it should be, and beyond.  The main thing holding us back right now, I believe, is lack of awareness. Hoarding will give us time to work on this, and a steady increasing price chart will speak well of UNO; people will discover the fair start, and they'll begin to realize how UNO is different than other crypto's.  People want what they can't have.

Today there is only about 2800 kg/UNO listed for sale on Crypsty, only about 2% of the total UNO that has been mined.  My suggestion is to slowly accumulate this coin while hoarding. Have a 6 to 12 mo. time frame.  Don't just buy your coins at .045 and then turn around and list them at .065.  Just keep them off the market completely. The price will rise as difficulty increases, reward falls, and miner sell orders dry up. The hoarding of UNO becomes the story, and Unobtanium actually slowly begins to become Unobtainable.   10 people hoarding 250 UNO remove 1% of the supply. 10 people with 2500 coins will remove 10%! Eventually you decide when to slowly liquidate a position, but by then the buy-side of the market will be strong.

The disappearance of UNO becomes a great story.

Maybe this doesn't sit well with your, or you see UNO differently. Love to hear your ideas.

Activity: 20
January 25, 2014, 08:37:13 PM
can anyone describe how make paper wallet for uno?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 25, 2014, 07:03:38 AM
UNO is traded now against DOGE at https://coinex.pw !
legendary
January 25, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

Interesting article. I always love how "no central backing" is portrayed as a drawback. With friends like central banks, who needs enemies?
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 07:12:10 AM
datdir not working even with newest client so sad Sad

+1

Dev team, please add support for -datadir argument to the Unob client, thanks a lot.
Activity: 40
January 23, 2014, 03:29:31 AM
datdir not working even with newest client so sad Sad
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
January 22, 2014, 06:36:08 AM
Presenting Unobtanium 0.9.2.9:

Changelog:

Changed the scale of measuring Un in to SI metric weights. Now, 1 Un = 1 kg/Un and the displays have been updated to allow showing your Un holdings in kilogramweight, gramweight, and milligramweight. A future release of Unobtanium will also add an additional integer to the decimal breakdown to allow for nanogramweight.

1 Un = 1 kg/Un = 1000 gm/Un = 1000000 mg/Un = 100000000 ng/Un

At this point, the additional integer has been added as a place holder but the smallest divisible bit is 10 ng/Un. The additional decimal will require a hard-fork in the future and plenty of testing needs to be done prior to this change over.

New graphics and icons! Very shiny, very nice. All graphics will be upgraded across the Un sites over the coming week.

Installer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5RGxTM3FnLXhhbWs/edit?usp=sharing

Standalone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5bm5aT2J5QWdTa3c/edit?usp=sharing

More info/clients available at Unobtanium.io and Unobtanium.info. Github has been updated through this revision.

iSpace Unobtanium Mining Pool has been updated at http://un.ispace.co.uk
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
January 22, 2014, 12:38:24 AM

It's really a nice wallet! Congrats on some really good work.

Lets keep the UNO rally going!
legendary
January 21, 2014, 10:52:14 PM

Changelog:

Changed the scale of measuring Un in to SI metric weights. Now, 1 Un = 1 kg/Un and the displays have been updated to allow showing your Un holdings in kilogramweight, gramweight, and milligramweight. A future release of Unobtanium will also add an additional integer to the decimal breakdown to allow for nanogramweight.

At this point, the additional integer has been added as a place holder but the smallest divisible bit is 10 ng/Un. The additional decimal will require a hard-fork in the future and plenty of testing needs to be done prior to this change over.

New graphics and icons! Very shiny, very nice. All graphics will be upgraded across the Un sites over the coming week.

Installer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5RGxTM3FnLXhhbWs/edit?usp=sharing

Standalone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5bm5aT2J5QWdTa3c/edit?usp=sharing

More info/clients available at Unobtanium.io and Unobtanium.info. Github has been updated through this revision.

Blazr2, looks awesome! Thanks!
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
January 21, 2014, 07:29:15 PM

Why join Coinpool.de?
Backups every 60 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your earnings.
24/7 support Just write us a mail at info (at) coinpool.de
All servers with a DDoS protection.
Low fees
Get bonuses in our special offers
Stratum Vardiff
Fast servers Xeon 4 x 3,2Ghs 32 GB Ram, SSD
Manual and auto payout
10+ Mining pools out of one Hand (SHA and scrypt)

Join our Uno Pool
http://uno.coinpool.de
Activity: 218
Merit: 105
January 21, 2014, 06:56:29 PM

Changelog:

Pages:
Jump to: