Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 102. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
  Maybe done with ship out about 600 Hboards and we will wait for next boat.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
difficulty just changed to 267 Mil.
Any word of any price cuts of H-Boards from bitfury / dave.?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
None of mine have shipped yet, I have two orders in 2xx, one in 3xx, and one in 6xx
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
For those of you still waiting for August order kits refunds for late delivery, I just got email from Kat, saying that Dave plans to do refunds by the end of the month.  I'm assuming it is end of this month. 

Order#149 - "August" Starter kit

Thanks,
af_newbie
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Order ID: #42X for 7 H-Cards... I might get 2..,maybe 0 with the last difficulty rise. Ehhh.. decisions ..decisions
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
No news on orders #20x or #35x thus far.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
How overclockable are the boards that are being shipped now? Is the power regulator still the limiting factor? Has anyone tried to replace it with one that can handle more power?

It's power reg + heat removal. My regulator was overheating like crazy at 41GH/s. The board would mine for a few mins but the regulator would turn off and I had to reset it everytime. I think the board was drawing around 70W power. I think with adequate cooling of chips + regulator, these boards can reach 40 - 42GH/s.

this. my regulator *seemed* to be staying on, but chips would drop like flies and the board often needed a reset. with heatsinks on the back of the regulator though, im now able to handle 40+/-1 GHash

as for heatsinks, i would advise against the massive slab mentioned a few posts up. at 12mm thick, you almost certainly will not be able to put a card in every slot, and the weight of such a big slab may mess up the cards unless they're braced. Look for something in the 6-8mm thickness - I found some terrific heatsinks that were 35x35x6mm and each one perfectly covers 4 chips (4 heatsinks per board + mini heatsinks for regulator). These do a great job pulling away the heat and there is space to fill the slot behind

ps: my order 13X h-board shipped today, and expected delivery is friday 5pm - fingers crossed for a weekend of hashing Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
No word on order -9XX- Emailed MBP, will keep the thread updated

if you are selling any of your H-cards I might be willing to buy 1 -4 of them.  Not sure if you were seeking a refund or not.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
How overclockable are the boards that are being shipped now? Is the power regulator still the limiting factor? Has anyone tried to replace it with one that can handle more power?

It's power reg + heat removal. My regulator was overheating like crazy at 41GH/s. The board would mine for a few mins but the regulator would turn off and I had to reset it everytime. I think the board was drawing around 70W power. I think with adequate cooling of chips + regulator, these boards can reach 40 - 42GH/s.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
No word on order -9XX- Emailed MBP, will keep the thread updated
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
No word yet on orders numbered #25x or #34x
Activity: 546
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Good news, my order for additional h-boards shipped today Smiley

Ditto! Order #114
Activity: 681

Same here. Order #17x is shipping FedEx 2-Day today to California.
Activity: 576
Good news, my order shipped today Smiley

grats and what was your order #?

Order ID: #46 Date Added: 08/07/2013
Good news, my order shipped today Smiley

grats and what was your order #?
Activity: 576
Any look into building a water cooling system for this. As I understand there are no heat sinks on the board.

What is the spacing between the boards? Is there enough room for a custom water cooling solution?

almost certainly not. unless you have a case for it, the boards likely could not support the bulk size and weight plus hoses assosiated with watercooling, and the cost to implement water cooling for each 25-40GH board would be insane compared to the similar benefits attainable via heatsinks.

It would cost roughly $75-150 to put heatsinks on every board in a 400GH kit, and clock it up to >525
for water-cooling, you would see costs of around $200-500 assuming it even fit and was available, and you probably would only get 10-20% better results than the heatsinks.

ok, makes sense. Has anyone tried using just heatsinks then? Is there some off-the-shelf heatsinks that would work or is it better to go with something custom made. I can get custom made metal parts made pretty cheaply so that is an option if necessary.

I got this one on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/100x140x12-7mm-Aluminum-Heatsink-for-Electronic-Computer-Electric-equipment-H157-/181110341808?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160

PS:  I will try it when I am going to get my V1 Hboards.
That is big, does it cover the whole board?

yes, cover the whole board and 140mm a little long but no problem with it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Any look into building a water cooling system for this. As I understand there are no heat sinks on the board.

What is the spacing between the boards? Is there enough room for a custom water cooling solution?

almost certainly not. unless you have a case for it, the boards likely could not support the bulk size and weight plus hoses assosiated with watercooling, and the cost to implement water cooling for each 25-40GH board would be insane compared to the similar benefits attainable via heatsinks.

It would cost roughly $75-150 to put heatsinks on every board in a 400GH kit, and clock it up to >525
for water-cooling, you would see costs of around $200-500 assuming it even fit and was available, and you probably would only get 10-20% better results than the heatsinks.

ok, makes sense. Has anyone tried using just heatsinks then? Is there some off-the-shelf heatsinks that would work or is it better to go with something custom made. I can get custom made metal parts made pretty cheaply so that is an option if necessary.

I got this one on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/100x140x12-7mm-Aluminum-Heatsink-for-Electronic-Computer-Electric-equipment-H157-/181110341808?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160

That is big, does it cover the whole board?

Jump to: