Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 110. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Well, 1st KnC's will be delivered to customers tomorrow.

Ugh.. waiting and watching,..lol

not looking forward to seeing the network break 2 peta / h. No not at all  Sad

If only it were just 2.  I bet by Nov 30th we are at 4-5 PH if KNC ships things on their current schedule.

whats the spacing on the heatsink mounting holes at the back? Ive seen some 37.4mm x 37.4mm heatsinks that seem very close (i measured about 37.5+/-2mm) but would hate to be off my half a millimeter and unusable
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

If only it were just 2.  I bet by Nov 30th we are at 4-5 PH if KNC ships things on their current schedule.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I bought 4 more because I am quite please with the Dave's product and service.  Dave, I am waiting to hear back from you on that other email order from about 2 weeks ago.  Smiley Understand I am taking a risk too.  Please pm or respond back to my email. Smiley Grin

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Paid with AMEX, still no funds returned. Filed for a charge back with my CC company.

I was going to wait to file for the charge back, but Dave's latest post said that CC's were paid back within a day or two. It's been over a week.
uh oh this can make the situation bad

did you order anymore?
I have some H-cards on order. Would have ordered more if there was a reduction in price or a return customer discount.

I think if the refund was already in process, this won't count as a strike against MBP... I hope.  I've managed to scrape together enough bitcoins to add 3 more H boards to my initial order but I would much prefer to us a CC instead.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Paid with AMEX, still no funds returned. Filed for a charge back with my CC company.

I was going to wait to file for the charge back, but Dave's latest post said that CC's were paid back within a day or two. It's been over a week.

did you order anymore?
I have some H-cards on order. Would have ordered more if there was a reduction in price or a return customer discount.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Of course we are watching the KnC situation.  If there's anything to announce there, I'll surely do so.

Sweet!  If KnC starts shipping like crazy, I'll gladly buy another Bitfury device if you guys drop the prices to match their product.
+1 You and all Dave's previous customers.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
You know you could have tried emailing them again.  They're completely buried at the moment and probably just haven't gotten to it yet.  Filing a chargeback was a very low, asshole type, blow that wasn't at all necessary.

They wrote me back. said they processed it. that was a few days ago.

Dude...where was the communication on this?!  A chargeback costs me more than just money - it hammers my rating and puts my ability to process credit cards at serious risk.  I have been running a zero-chargeback operation up to this point.  There are a lot of people in this community that are waiting to run their cards as payment and I'm in the final stages of getting my underwriting approved.  This could completely derail that month long effort in the eleventh hour...

Agreed. You are one of three companies I want to do business with. CC is very important to me for consumer protection, but your rep is good enough that I am willing to go another route. Others might not be. Rather short notice for a chargeback!

Dave, I'd challenge this if it's real and not just trolling.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Dick move doing that so soon, bro.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
You know you could have tried emailing them again.  They're completely buried at the moment and probably just haven't gotten to it yet.  Filing a chargeback was a very low, asshole type, blow that wasn't at all necessary.

Dude...where was the communication on this?!  A chargeback costs me more than just money - it hammers my rating and puts my ability to process credit cards at serious risk.  I have been running a zero-chargeback operation up to this point.  There are a lot of people in this community that are waiting to run their cards as payment and I'm in the final stages of getting my underwriting approved.  This could completely derail that month long effort in the eleventh hour...
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Hi guys.  I believe this is the calculation for the payout to customers.  If there are no issues or errors with my math below, we will begin sending these payments to customers very soon.  I apologize for the delay on this.

I'm counting the start time as of the time that Dave made the post about M-boards:
September 09, 2013, 10:37:25 AM (GMT)

The end time is as of when the shipped post was made:
September 18, 2013, 11:08:32 PM (GMT)

Everything from Sept 9 to 2013-09-14 23:41:37 was done at difficulty 86,933,017.77, and everything after that was done at difficulty 112,628,548.67.

86M difficulty period was: 479,052 seconds.
112M difficulty period was: 343,615 seconds

(Total of 9.52 days)

By my calculations/sources I've checked, a 25GH/s rig should produce 12,570,000 1-difficulty shares per day, or 145.486111111111 1-difficulty shares per second.

Per-rig income for 86M difficulty: (145.4861111 * 479052 sec) / 86933017.77 difficulty = 0.80171394353 BTC

Per-rig income for 112M difficulty: (145.48611111 * 343615 sec) / 112628548.67 difficulty = 0.4438591339387 BTC

Total payout for the 9.52 day period to customers: 1.24557307 BTC per 25GH/s order.

Please feel free to check my math on this and let me know if I have made an error.  Dave has confirmed we'll start sending payments in the next few days once people can review my math.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

did you order anymore?
legendary
With the KNC equipment producing such high numbers, why would anyone buy any more bitfury at the current prices? Huh

They will have to come down in prices.  Most November (or October) orders will go to KNC.  November deliveries would have to be below 4K for full kits.

Now, nothing will stop KNC to just open the gates and produce in numbers.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

That sort of thing does not show up instantly on credit card account.  It's not like a bank account.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

legendary
Again ROI in fiat, not btc.  Assuming prices stay around $140/btc and that one can maintain each card at an average of 34Ghash/sec per card for months at a time 24/7/30.

I'm sorry, but ROI in FIAT has no economic sense.

If you need that your BTCs increase in value to get a return you're better off buying and holding them.

If you spent 600 USD (which then were 10 BTCs - it is just an example!) and then you get back, one year from now, 8 BTCs that have a value of 80K USD (just to give an extreme revaluation example) you've simply lost 20K USD!

spiccioli

Oh, Horseshit. Exchange rates are the HEART of currency trading, and this has been true pretty much since the dawn of time.

What are you talking about? spiccioli's example makes 100% sense.  If you bought 10BTC (for $600) instead of hardware and hold it you would have 100K in his example.  So by buying hardware you've lost 20K.

You don't buy mining hardware to make a capital gain on bitcoin to fiat exchange increase.  You buy mining hardware to mine bitcoins.  Exchange rate to fiat should not be included in your ROI calculation.
Jump to: