Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 20. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
You're doing fine,

the only other thing to do is to have the slowest/most error prone card as last one in each bank, and from the numbers it seems it already is like this.

Try to put all the cards/chips at the same speed, I've found it is more stable than having speed differences between cards.

spiccioli

Glad to hear I'm not doing anything stupidly wrong.

As for getting all the cards/chips at the same speed you mean actual hashing rate or the clockrate in the miner's best.cnf file? I currently have those card overclocked a bit. I tried to get them as close as possible to 1.70 ohm on the R02 resistor. It's a pain in the ass to do and there is no precise method so this results in some cards being pushed harder than others. Now as far as clockrate in the miner's conf file I tried my best to have them running at the highest clockrate that is possible without the chips producing too many errors but this once again is a bit tricky. Sometimes the chips run fine at a particular frequency for a long time and produce low errors and after some time they crap their pants and start producing errors. Like I've been saying all along I find bitfury gear finicky and not as robust as it really should be. But that is just my opinion.

yeah, its definitely not robust equipment. its a beautiful and elegant design, but its not remotely robust

Ive actually got my fastest card as the 3rd/last slot in my first bank, since it was the original from the starter kit with biggest heatsinks that prevented it from going anything but last in a bank.

its still doing 37-38GH while the rest run at 33-35GH
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

Also since this is a 12 card rig can you guys remind me again about the way the card order goes? I currently have all slots populated except the last 4 rows. So if you're looking at the miner management web page like this:

Bank 1
1: 35.204GH/s
2: 37.366GH/s
3: 35.176GH/s
4: 0GH/s
Bank 2
5: 35.562GH/s
6: 32.599GH/s
7: 23.365GH/s
8: 0GH/s
Bank 3
9: 33.315GH/s
10: 34.145GH/s
11: 26.829GH/s
12: 0GH/s
Bank 4
13: 35.204GH/s
14: 38.612GH/s
15: 14.03GH/s
16: 0GH/s

The last 4 slots on each bank are empty.

I am assuming this is the correct logic to apply to spread out the cards across all bank as punin suggested, but if any of you know better please correct me.

You're doing fine,

the only other thing to do is to have the slowest/most error prone card as last one in each bank, and from the numbers it seems it already is like this.

Try to put all the cards/chips at the same speed, I've found it is more stable than having speed differences between cards.

spiccioli

Glad to hear I'm not doing anything stupidly wrong.

As for getting all the cards/chips at the same speed you mean actual hashing rate or the clockrate in the miner's best.cnf file? I currently have those card overclocked a bit. I tried to get them as close as possible to 1.70 ohm on the R02 resistor. It's a pain in the ass to do and there is no precise method so this results in some cards being pushed harder than others. Now as far as clockrate in the miner's conf file I tried my best to have them running at the highest clockrate that is possible without the chips producing too many errors but this once again is a bit tricky. Sometimes the chips run fine at a particular frequency for a long time and produce low errors and after some time they crap their pants and start producing errors. Like I've been saying all along I find bitfury gear finicky and not as robust as it really should be. But that is just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore

Also since this is a 12 card rig can you guys remind me again about the way the card order goes? I currently have all slots populated except the last 4 rows. So if you're looking at the miner management web page like this:

Bank 1
Bank 2
Bank 3
Bank 4

I am assuming this is the correct logic to apply to spread out the cards across all bank as punin suggested, but if any of you know better please correct me.

You're doing fine,

spiccioli
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
new price is still too high, but less insulting. drop it to 200 and you can actually start moving inventory

$200 is unnecessarily low. I'd pay 0.40 BTC per card if shipped today, which is currently $325. So if the exchange rate were to jump up to $935 in the next couple hours, I'd buy more v1.2 cards. I'm more conservative in my hardware purchases than alot of people, so they definitely don't need to reduce the price any lower than $325 to keep sales flowing.

if you prefer to spend more money than make then yes. card running at 33ghs would not make its .4 btc back

I run mine at up to 39GH/card. But I pay over $0.30/kwh for electricity so the current prices (in BTC) are a bit too high for me.

how did you get so high at 39Gh/s?
legendary
allinvain - Warranty is 30 days, with special cases considered (of course).  Now.. with that said, if people keep frying their boards and expecting new ones, there will probably be an issue.  You can request an RMA at the bottom of the MBP webpage.

xstr8guy - I'll help with everything in my power, but I don't have any visibility into when / if Dave decides to credit a customer.   I'll try my best to make sure everyone is as happy as I can though.

I've only been on board 2 months - I hope that our service level has improved!

Again, feel free to shoot me an email - i'm fairly quick with turnaround.  The IRC channel is open as well.

-Jason 

Hmm..after further tuning and testing it seems one of the cards you sent is hashing at max 11 gh Sad which is far below the minimum advertised rate. This is a v1.2 h-card  - one with default 1.80 ohm on the R02 resitor. I was forced to turn off quite a few chips on that card as they were throwing up errors like crazy and hashing at basically 0.

I won't open up an RMA ticket just yet though. I plant to get a spare m-board and I will test that card by itself on a different m-board. Maybe it just doesn't like it's current home?

Bank 1
Bank 2
Bank 3
Bank 4

Activity: 681
Merit: 500
new price is still too high, but less insulting. drop it to 200 and you can actually start moving inventory

$200 is unnecessarily low. I'd pay 0.40 BTC per card if shipped today, which is currently $325. So if the exchange rate were to jump up to $935 in the next couple hours, I'd buy more v1.2 cards. I'm more conservative in my hardware purchases than alot of people, so they definitely don't need to reduce the price any lower than $325 to keep sales flowing.

if you prefer to spend more money than make then yes. card running at 33ghs would not make its .4 btc back

I run mine at up to 39GH/card. But I pay over $0.30/kwh for electricity so the current prices (in BTC) are a bit too high for me.
Activity: 602

legendary
allinvain - Warranty is 30 days, with special cases considered (of course).  Now.. with that said, if people keep frying their boards and expecting new ones, there will probably be an issue.  You can request an RMA at the bottom of the MBP webpage.

xstr8guy - I'll help with everything in my power, but I don't have any visibility into when / if Dave decides to credit a customer.   I'll try my best to make sure everyone is as happy as I can though.

Again, feel free to shoot me an email - i'm fairly quick with turnaround.  The IRC channel is open as well.

-Jason 

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

I have found that full rigs are just not stable. As soon as I added the 6 v1.2 h-card I bought from you guys the rig started acted all wonky. Random cards would shut down. I did some tuning but eventually in the end 3 of the cards in bank 3 and 3 in bank 4 would shutoff - hash at 0 or close to it. I removed 4 of the cards from the rig and the previously non-hashing cards are hashing again.

Activity: 553
Once again I've proven that they shouldn't let this Software guy play with hardware. I plugged in an H board backwards and got smoke.  Cry One of these days I'll learn.  Undecided

Oh noooes! Sad  That sucks bro. You may be able to get away with it - it may still work. From what I heard though doing that is a sure way to fry all the chips as what you did is essentially reverse the polarity and the magic smoke came'a'calling.

..and this is why the newer boards have the slot in them Sad

After working in IT for years, the magic smoke one was a good achievement to get....

http://evilrouters.net/achievement-unlocked/

Activity: 553

-Jason 
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I bought 3 October units. I cancelled 2 of them, still no refund. The one I did receive gets 100-200gh and that's if I restart and mess with the settings constantly. I would think twice about trusting these guys, they could care less about customers so long as they get your money.

Let me know if you want to sell some or all of the rig you have.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the cards. Everything else has been replaced.

That doesn't sound like MBP at all.  Dave hired Jason to take care of customer support.  Have you tried to contact him yet?
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
Ordered 4 v2.2 H-boards Sunday evening...received them yesterday afternoon and added them to my rig last night.

Cool
legendary
Hey everyone -

We had some issues with the store overnight & this morning, so was is disabled for the time being.  

I apologize and appreciate your understanding!

Jason

EDIT: Looks like it's working again.

Jason, what is your RMA policy. I assume it's still the 30 day warranty described on the sales page, no?  I think I may have gotten some bad/dead boards. These are v1.2 cards. I'm going to try hard to revive them and fix the issue first though.
Activity: 518
I bought 3 October units. I cancelled 2 of them, still no refund. The one I did receive gets 100-200gh and that's if I restart and mess with the settings constantly. I would think twice about trusting these guys, they could care less about customers so long as they get your money.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the cards. Everything else has been replaced.

I'm willing to take a chance on them. What version are they, and how many?

I will msg you in a min.

I'm willing to take a chance on them. What version are they, and how many?

Activity: 602
Pages:
Jump to: