Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 17. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 681
Merit: 500
At the moment, I would pay $225/card for Feb 1 delivery, or $285/card for Jan 23 delivery. That's mostly based on the current value of BTC, so will change if the exchange rate goes up. It would need to get up to $1020/BTC by tomorrow to make it worth buying a 14-card v3 rig for $5100 (1/4 rig plus 10 more discounted cards).
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
price target of $150 by end of month before people will actually start buying the hcards.
otherwise the whole inventory will be worth close to $0

How do you know people aren't buying?

they have a live inventory counter. they've sold about 200 h cards in dec/jan and still have about 1800 available in inventory.
it makes no financial sense to buy them with either bitcoins or USD

They constantly add to the inventory so you would have no idea how much they are selling.

Also, their inventory is constantly earning BTC, so I'm sure they are in no hurry to sell it for less than they think it will earn.

I don't think this is true. My recent purchase have all come sealed in ESD bags. So unless they went to the trouble of buying new bags and a sealer just to hide that they are using the cards, i suspect that your statement is just speculation presented as fact. and possibly Libel.
Activity: 742
price target of $150 by end of month before people will actually start buying the hcards.

they have a live inventory counter. they've sold about 200 h cards in dec/jan and still have about 1800 available in inventory.

They constantly add to the inventory so you would have no idea how much they are selling.

Also, their inventory is constantly earning BTC, so I'm sure they are in no hurry to sell it for less than they think it will earn.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Activity: 602

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

Activity: 602
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
however, when i try to update bfgminer with:

Code:
cd bfgminer && git pull && make && sudo make install && sudo shutdown -r now

i get this:

Code:
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
driver-bfsb.c
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

how can i fix this error?

I had that problem back when I tried to update cgminer in minepeon. Kano used this as a solution back then:

git checkout etc/miner.conf.donate
git pull

So I am guessing (might be wrong) your solution might be something like this:

Code:
cd bfgminer && git checkout driver-bfsb.c && git pull && make && sudo make install && sudo shutdown -r now

worked great Morblias, thank you.

my stratum connection is rock solid now and i'm continuing to tweek chip settings.
Activity: 576

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

I had that problem back when I tried to update cgminer in minepeon. Kano used this as a solution back then:

git checkout etc/miner.conf.donate
git pull

So I am guessing (might be wrong) your solution might be something like this:

Code:
cd bfgminer && git checkout driver-bfsb.c && git pull && make && sudo make install && sudo shutdown -r now
legendary
Sorry to post technical on the sales thread but does anyone have or know where I can get an image for the V3 M board.  Nothing on the OP and not getting answers from the other threads.
Thanks!!

This is what I'm running.  It's set up to use bfgminer, not chainminer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz

Once you have it installed, you might want to update bfgminer:

Code:

salfter,

your image is working well.  it's been 48 hr and my periodic "reset" issues have disappeared and i now have a much more stable HR.  thank you.

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

You can clone bfgminer into a similar named dir.

sorry, linux noob here.  can you be more specific, preferably with code needed?
Have you personally modified the bfsb driver c file ?
If so what change?

like salfter, i have been changing the chip speed settings downwards until i eliminate all chip errors.  this seems to be working well but you have to recompile to save the changes and then restart.  remember, i'm using salfter's image and i don't know if he made any other changes to this file but i haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

eventually, i'd like to be able to compile bfgminer on my own but there seems to be a requirement to insert a couple of "sudo modprobe" commands somewhere to get it to work and i haven't figured that out yet.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Anyone know where I can get a new one of these PCI-e to Screw Terminal adapters?
Or where I can get the lugs that attach and are crimpted to the wires so I can make it myself?

Additionally, is it kosher to have both PCIe connectors hooked up, in addition to these two screw terminals, if we want to ensure our rigs are getting all the juice they require ?

Read: Is having 4 power sources going to the M-Board going to cause it to melt ?

Would be interested in picking up a few of these cables as well.

You should not connect more than one PSU to the same rig, because they will fight each other. But there's no harm connecting a single PSU to a rig with as many connections (screw, PCIe, etc) as you want, the more the better within reason.I highly recommend using four 6+2-pin or 8-pin PCIe power cables from your PSU for a full rig. 6-pin PCIe power cables may use the same wire gauge and connector quality, but may not have the best connections inside the PSU or may be too limited by any per-rail OCP. If your PSU doesn't have four 6+2-pin/8-pin connectors, it may not be designed to provide as much continuous power to them as you need.

so it's ok to mix 2 pci-e and 2 ring connectors cables from the same psu to one rig?

Yes - it is addressed in the post above your question.  In red.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Sorry to post technical on the sales thread but does anyone have or know where I can get an image for the V3 M board.  Nothing on the OP and not getting answers from the other threads.
Thanks!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz

Code:

salfter,

your image is working well.  it's been 48 hr and my periodic "reset" issues have disappeared and i now have a much more stable HR.  thank you.

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

You can clone bfgminer into a similar named dir.

Have you personally modified the bfsb driver c file ?
If so what change?
legendary
Thanks!!

Code:

salfter,

your image is working well.  it's been 48 hr and my periodic "reset" issues have disappeared and i now have a much more stable HR.  thank you.

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

legendary
Anyone know where I can get a new one of these PCI-e to Screw Terminal adapters?
Or where I can get the lugs that attach and are crimpted to the wires so I can make it myself?

Additionally, is it kosher to have both PCIe connectors hooked up, in addition to these two screw terminals, if we want to ensure our rigs are getting all the juice they require ?

Read: Is having 4 power sources going to the M-Board going to cause it to melt ?

You should not connect more than one PSU to the same rig, because they will fight each other. But there's no harm connecting a single PSU to a rig with as many connections (screw, PCIe, etc) as you want, the more the better within reason. I highly recommend using four 6+2-pin or 8-pin PCIe power cables from your PSU for a full rig. 6-pin PCIe power cables may use the same wire gauge and connector quality, but may not have the best connections inside the PSU or may be too limited by any per-rail OCP. If your PSU doesn't have four 6+2-pin/8-pin connectors, it may not be designed to provide as much continuous power to them as you need.

so it's ok to mix 2 pci-e and 2 ring connectors cables from the same psu to one rig?
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
Hooked up some of these last night.  My October rig has been happily hashing (stable) at 598+ noncerate.
I also made some for my January rig. Unfortunately, running more power to the m-board doesn't heal dead chips  Tongue

I have 4 ring terminals on each screw. I'm using 4 of these for a rig:

Don't you lose most of the benefit of distributing the load across many more wires if you don't use all 6 wires from each PCIe connector?  Your photo looks like you're only using one + and one GND from the PCIe connector.

No, each splice has three 18 gauge wires (with extra thick insulation) from the PCIe plug on one end and one 12 gauge wire on the other end.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

I have to. Melted 2 pci-e cables. Need to distribute the load better. One of these adapters was the latest casualty. Running 14 boards at 460 GH/s.

OK - Parts -
You will need to get 2x 8" PCI-e 6-pin extension cables.  Despite having absolutely zero need for these previously,I happened to have some sitting around because of the ridiculous amount of stuff I have bought for this hobby.
Then you need 4 lugs, which you can get at Home Depot.  They are in the aisle with the light switches toward the end.  If you don't already have a wire stripper/crimp tool you can buy one that has an assortment of lugs in the same package. ($5.45)  This is in the same area.
Small 4" zip ties (not required, but helpful)

The rest is fairly obvious but if you don't have a completed one around to look at:

1. You cut the MALE end off the 6-pin extension cables.
2. Strip the wires so you have about a half inch of exposed wire.
3. On each extension  you have 3 black and 3 Yellow.  Yellow is 12V and Black is ground.  Twist the 3 yellow  together at the ends. 
4. Then do the same for the 3 blacks.  Do not mix black and yellow.
5. Slip the lug over the 3 yellow twisted wires and crimp with your tool or a pair of plyers.
6. Repeat for the 3 black wires.
7. Repeat last two steps for the other extension cable.
8. Final step - take the 2 lugs with the yellow wires and zip tie the wires near the lugs.  Do the same for the black wires.  This is not required but the wires have a mind of their own and it makes it easier to screw them down.

Can someone with more knowledge about this stuff than I please review these steps for accuracy.
I was able to get the materials and build these in about an hour.

I am not responsible if you electrocute your self or blow up your miner.  I am not an EE.

You got it.  For the truly paranoid you can solder the twisted end together first but I find crimping the ring terminal afterwards can be hit or miss on making solid connection that won't pull off.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I can't say I have more knowledge.  But, I would be tempted to solder the twisted wires together, crimp them in the terminal, and then tack soldier the exposed end near the screw.  I might use some liquid electrical tape to glue the insulation on the terminal to the wire insulation and some heat shrink or electrical tape on the insulation to help hold the terminal and braid together.  Loose wiring can be a very bad thing when dealing with high amps.

Likewise, I am not a lawyer, a doctor, an engineer, electrical or otherwise, nor the guy responsible if you damage something or yourself playing with fire, electricity, molten metal, etc...
legendary
Activity: 1593

I have to. Melted 2 pci-e cables. Need to distribute the load better. One of these adapters was the latest casualty. Running 14 boards at 460 GH/s.

OK - Parts -
You will need to get 2x 8" PCI-e 6-pin extension cables.  Despite having absolutely zero need for these previously,I happened to have some sitting around because of the ridiculous amount of stuff I have bought for this hobby.
Then you need 4 lugs, which you can get at Home Depot.  They are in the aisle with the light switches toward the end.  If you don't already have a wire stripper/crimp tool you can buy one that has an assortment of lugs in the same package. ($5.45)  This is in the same area.
Small 4" zip ties (not required, but helpful)

The rest is fairly obvious but if you don't have a completed one around to look at:

1. You cut the MALE end off the 6-pin extension cables.
2. Strip the wires so you have about a half inch of exposed wire.
3. On each extension  you have 3 black and 3 Yellow.  Yellow is 12V and Black is ground.  Twist the 3 yellow  together at the ends. 
4. Then do the same for the 3 blacks.  Do not mix black and yellow.
5. Slip the lug over the 3 yellow twisted wires and crimp with your tool or a pair of plyers.
6. Repeat for the 3 black wires.
7. Repeat last two steps for the other extension cable.
8. Final step - take the 2 lugs with the yellow wires and zip tie the wires near the lugs.  Do the same for the black wires.  This is not required but the wires have a mind of their own and it makes it easier to screw them down.

Can someone with more knowledge about this stuff than I please review these steps for accuracy.
I was able to get the materials and build these in about an hour.

I am not responsible if you electrocute your self or blow up your miner.  I am not an EE.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I have 7 boards powered by 2 runs of 14AWG (2*12V and 2*GND) to the screw terminals and am getting ~255GHash. absolutely no cable warmth
Activity: 681

You should not connect more than one PSU to the same rig, because they will fight each other. But there's no harm connecting a single PSU to a rig with as many connections (screw, PCIe, etc) as you want, the more the better within reason. I highly recommend using four 6+2-pin or 8-pin PCIe power cables from your PSU for a full rig. 6-pin PCIe power cables may use the same wire gauge and connector quality, but may not have the best connections inside the PSU or may be too limited by any per-rail OCP. If your PSU doesn't have four 6+2-pin/8-pin connectors, it may not be designed to provide as much continuous power to them as you need.
Pages:
Jump to: