Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 21. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I'd buy 'bad' boards too :-)

i have a bad v2. board are you interested?

Depending on the kind of "bad", I may be interested in buying bad H-cards and trying to repair.

it was a DOA. i only have one. let me know

Is it missing any components? Does chainminer see all 16 chips on it but it just doesn't hash? Have you tried other cards in the same slot with success?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Depending on the kind of "bad", I may be interested in buying bad H-cards and trying to repair.

it was a DOA. i only have one. let me know
Activity: 553
Hey everyone -

We had some issues with the store overnight & this morning, so was is disabled for the time being.  

I apologize and appreciate your understanding!

Jason

EDIT: Looks like it's working again.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
modified server psus are great too: $5 for the psu and $10 at home depot, and Ive converted a 835W Power Supply that has 4*12V and 4*GND lines - 14AWG each for an Antminer and a 7-card bitfury

Hey what are the efficiency ratings of these PSUs? Thanks

Not a clue! Over on the modified server PSU thread though it sounds like basically all server PSUs are designed for >85 or 90% efficiencies since all they do is produce huge amounts of reliable 12V power

Yes,  the bigger ones typically run at 90-92% at 50% load.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
modified server psus are great too: $5 for the psu and $10 at home depot, and Ive converted a 835W Power Supply that has 4*12V and 4*GND lines - 14AWG each for an Antminer and a 7-card bitfury

Not a clue! Over on the modified server PSU thread though it sounds like basically all server PSUs are designed for >85 or 90% efficiencies since all they do is produce huge amounts of reliable 12V power
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Just a  heads up.
I have had tremendous luck with UHS-1 SD cards. No amount of power outages, or random shutdown have lead to Filesystem failure yet (2 months and counting).
I am specifically using 16GB Toshiba UHS1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261215529897?lpid=82

Thanks

I'm guessing those red boards at the back are temp probes, no?
Those are voltage regulators. I ordered the PCBs and hand soldered the bitfury chips and slapped on the regulator boards.
I was soldering and then testing the boards 4 chips at a time, to root out any dead boards before it created a problem, and did not have the patience to undergo the shutdown routine and instead turned off the PSU switch. The SD-card survived all the attempts.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Just a  heads up.
I have had tremendous luck with UHS-1 SD cards. No amount of power outages, or random shutdown have lead to Filesystem failure yet (2 months and counting).
I am specifically using 16GB Toshiba UHS1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261215529897?lpid=82

Thanks

I'm guessing those red boards at the back are temp probes, no?
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
There's no need to get a PSU with way more capacity than needed, as long as you choose a single-rail design from a high-quality manufacturer such as Seasonic. I'm running a full 16-card overclocked v3 rig on a gold 750W Seasonic, and it's perfectly stable at 580GH. I could probably get it up to 620GH if I turned up the voltage a bit more and tweaked the speeds again.

I definitely wouldn't run this on just two PCIe power connectors though; they'd probably melt. I made my own cables to connect four PCIe connectors to the screw terminals.

Well it seems the golden ticket there is a v3 rig.

I currently have two PCIe 6 pin feeding the rig and it's running at 512 gh. I would however like to ensure the load is even more spread out so I'm wondering if you know where I can find some pci-e 6 pin to screw terminal connector adapter. Or maybe you can make me some for a fee?

If you have, or can get, a basic crimp/strip tool, you can make cables with parts from eBay and Lowes:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.4420

I also have a 13-card v2 rig that I've OV/OC/optimized even more, that's stable at 510GH (over 39GH/card). It's running on the same model PSU.
You don't need to sacrifice power supply connectors to make the cables (as suggested in the link). You can buy PCI-e 6-pin splitters from eBay and cut off the ends. Then crimp or solder the yellow and black wires to a pair of ring terminals.

I bought a large bag of PCI-e 6-pin splitters a while back, and they have been very useful in helping me power up everything from ASICMINER blades to BitFury rigs. In a pinch, without ring terminals you can twist the ends of the wires and screw them down on to the v3 terminals with just a pair of washers to hold them down (be VERY careful of stray strands of wire that may touch adjacent H-cards, though).
legendary
Just a  heads up.

Thanks
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
There's no need to get a PSU with way more capacity than needed, as long as you choose a single-rail design from a high-quality manufacturer such as Seasonic. I'm running a full 16-card overclocked v3 rig on a gold 750W Seasonic, and it's perfectly stable at 580GH. I could probably get it up to 620GH if I turned up the voltage a bit more and tweaked the speeds again.

I definitely wouldn't run this on just two PCIe power connectors though; they'd probably melt. I made my own cables to connect four PCIe connectors to the screw terminals.

I currently have two PCIe 6 pin feeding the rig and it's running at 512 gh. I would however like to ensure the load is even more spread out so I'm wondering if you know where I can find some pci-e 6 pin to screw terminal connector adapter. Or maybe you can make me some for a fee?

If you have, or can get, a basic crimp/strip tool, you can make cables with parts from eBay and Lowes:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.4420

I also have a 13-card v2 rig that I've OV/OC/optimized even more, that's stable at 510GH (over 39GH/card). It's running on the same model PSU.
legendary
Believe it or not I'm running one full rig with a seasonic 550 watt 80 plus gold psu

I suspect this is the cause of all your problems right here Sad That's BARELY enough to power a full rig.

I <3 anything Corsair in the 850W range for these guys.

I don't think that's true though. According to my power meter a full rig with v2.3 h-cards (the pci ones) is consuming 450 watts at 520 gh. 450 watts is at the wall of course.

But I still think that it would likely be better to give the power supply more room to breathe. Voltage ripple on the 12V rail is likely to occur more frequently at higher loads and the h-cards may not like this.

I think another solution would be to trim down the full rig by 4 h-cards. I was told by punin (from Bitfury Strikes Back -bfsb) that 12 h-cards is a more stable config.

Keep in mind that you are asking these PSUs to push all that power over the 12V PCI-Express power leads.  They were NOT designed to do this.  They were instead designed to push about 50% of their power over the main ATX connector to a motherboard.  That is why you need PSUs that are spec'd far above what the actual power draw is on a full rig -- the 12V rails for the PCI-Express power leads were never designed with that in mind.

Well you may be right or not, but personally I'm not so sure if PSU are designed to push 50% of their power to the mobo. That would be a LOT of power to serve the needs of the motherboard and cpu. From my understanding with a single rail design it should not matter which connectors are being used as they are all drawing from the same rail. Also these days GPUs are the biggest power hogs so the PCIE express connectors usually draw the most power by a long shot.

What a horrible flaky design these bitfury rigs are. Why could they not have included more PCIE connectors to spread the load more evenly or even make use of the mobo CPU connector - anything to ensure that the m-boards and thus the cards get reliable power.

Right now one v3 m-board rig is being powered by an AX860 PSU and another v2.3 m-board rig is being powered by a 1000W OCZ EliteXtreme PSU. I wish I know if these were adequate.

However even with a 1000w supply (single rail) the rig is not stable. I think the main cause of instability is running all 16 cards at once. I am going to look into splitting up my rigs as I'm tired of constantly having to mess with these miners. I may as well just give up and buy a KNCMiner Jupiter.

lol, anyone want to swap hardware Wink?

Luckily I have some extra M boards.  I can't get more than 12 in my V.1 rig and 14 in my V.2.  Strangely, my V.2 rig became more stable when I added more cards... up to 14, that is.

Yep, well thanks for confirming it. This pretty much tells me what I need to do soon - get extra m-board and take out 4 cards from each full rig, that way I'll have two 12 card rigs and one 8 card rig.

These rigs run on smoke and magic apparently.

It would be nice if Dave sold m-boards by themselves as well.

legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Believe it or not I'm running one full rig with a seasonic 550 watt 80 plus gold psu

I suspect this is the cause of all your problems right here Sad That's BARELY enough to power a full rig.

I <3 anything Corsair in the 850W range for these guys.

I don't think that's true though. According to my power meter a full rig with v2.3 h-cards (the pci ones) is consuming 450 watts at 520 gh. 450 watts is at the wall of course.

But I still think that it would likely be better to give the power supply more room to breathe. Voltage ripple on the 12V rail is likely to occur more frequently at higher loads and the h-cards may not like this.

I think another solution would be to trim down the full rig by 4 h-cards. I was told by punin (from Bitfury Strikes Back -bfsb) that 12 h-cards is a more stable config.

Keep in mind that you are asking these PSUs to push all that power over the 12V PCI-Express power leads.  They were NOT designed to do this.  They were instead designed to push about 50% of their power over the main ATX connector to a motherboard.  That is why you need PSUs that are spec'd far above what the actual power draw is on a full rig -- the 12V rails for the PCI-Express power leads were never designed with that in mind.

Well you may be right or not, but personally I'm not so sure if PSU are designed to push 50% of their power to the mobo. That would be a LOT of power to serve the needs of the motherboard and cpu. From my understanding with a single rail design it should not matter which connectors are being used as they are all drawing from the same rail. Also these days GPUs are the biggest power hogs so the PCIE express connectors usually draw the most power by a long shot.

What a horrible flaky design these bitfury rigs are. Why could they not have included more PCIE connectors to spread the load more evenly or even make use of the mobo CPU connector - anything to ensure that the m-boards and thus the cards get reliable power.

Right now one v3 m-board rig is being powered by an AX860 PSU and another v2.3 m-board rig is being powered by a 1000W OCZ EliteXtreme PSU. I wish I know if these were adequate.

However even with a 1000w supply (single rail) the rig is not stable. I think the main cause of instability is running all 16 cards at once. I am going to look into splitting up my rigs as I'm tired of constantly having to mess with these miners. I may as well just give up and buy a KNCMiner Jupiter.

lol, anyone want to swap hardware Wink?

Luckily I have some extra M boards.  I can't get more than 12 in my V.1 rig and 14 in my V.2.  Strangely, my V.2 rig became more stable when I added more cards... up to 14, that is.

legendary
Received my new 1/2 kit yesterday and got it working today.  My first one is a v1 with 16 boards at 460 Gh/s.  It has one bad port and some of the boards are EOL's that don't hash much.
But this new kit out of the box is going 240 Gh/s.  No tuning or anything.  So once I set up decent cooling I should be able to get 300 Gh/s out of it.

Has anyone heard from Spotwood???  I sent him an email and posted on his thread that I wanted a new case.  But it's been days with no reply.

He's still alive and making cases. I just got word that he finally shipped an order of mine placed like a month or two ago. He is pretty busy and backlogged I guess.
legendary
Once again I've proven that they shouldn't let this Software guy play with hardware. I plugged in an H board backwards and got smoke.  Cry One of these days I'll learn.  Undecided

Oh noooes! Sad  That sucks bro. You may be able to get away with it - it may still work. From what I heard though doing that is a sure way to fry all the chips as what you did is essentially reverse the polarity and the magic smoke came'a'calling.
Pages:
Jump to: