Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX - page 31. (Read 71626 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
This Version is the best ever lunch coin with future vision. Grin Grin Grin
I really like this coin so I will mine to the last V.

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
I really like this coin.

Nice that the dev is pretty active.  Big bonus that an exchange is also looking at a coin like this so new.
not only active but interested to support the coin, the community etc. he is a professional.
I saw other devs who let the community mine the coin and as soon as the coin reached the exchanges, they sold billions of their coins, gained 30-35btc and left everyone (even without saying a goodbye)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
I really like this coin.

Nice that the dev is pretty active.  Big bonus that an exchange is also looking at a coin like this so new.
Activity: 182
We need more pools...and the v is too cheap Sad
legendary
Activity: 1098
Come to think of it, is that message appears to the bottom of your wallet?
That's a warning and it's there because the code didn't remove it. Don't worry, it's nothing. Just ignore it.

Duly ignored, thanks Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Donate to put a smile on my face :)
Come to think of it, is that message appears to the bottom of your wallet?
That's a warning and it's there because the code didn't remove it. Don't worry, it's nothing. Just ignore it.
I just woke up.
Wallet 0.8.2 successfully synced within a minute

Wierd, mine has got past the stuck block but still says checkpoint too old

Even deleted everything and redownloaded the blockchain with same result.

Sometimes the wallet puts the wrong timezone, so it thinks that you're behind
First of all, check if your wallet has the same height as the nodes you're connected to.

Open Debug page (RPC console) and type the following command:
Code:
getpeerinfo

You will see a list of JSON items (each node with its attributes). One of those attributes is the blockheight. Note that height.

Then type this command:
Code:
getinfo

You will see the blockheight your client has (you can also see that with the mouse if you hover to the down-right corner of the window, but that's boring, isn't it? Wink )

If it's the same, then try to re-download the chain. As a pre-caution (although I don't know why it would have anything to do with this issue, I suppose it doesn't hurt to do that) restart your pc before you redownload blockchain.

It should work. If it still doesn't, then stop your wallet, go to folder "%appdata%\.versioncoin" (type it as you see it in explorer) and rename the file debug.log to debug.log.old. Restart your client, give it a minute or so and then zip the debug.log file to have it prepared.
Post here and whenever I see it, I'll contact you to make arrangements on how to send me this debug.log file so I can take a look at it.
legendary
Activity: 1098
I just woke up.

Wierd, mine has got past the stuck block but still says checkpoint too old

Even deleted everything and redownloaded the blockchain with same result.

Activity: 490
0_0
I just woke up.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Crypto Craftsman
Activity: 196
We're all good at something, no1's good for nothin
hopefully not everyone goes to the same pool...
Activity: 338
Pool seems to be working now!
Activity: 448

We're LIVE!! Turn them miners on!

v.zeuspool.com

Version

This is for Version,  [V],  "Digital reserve bank notes".  This is an SHA-256 + PoS currency with a limited currency supply, intended to be a rare store of value.

STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://v.zeuspool.com
PORT:   3337
Username:   Weblogin.Worker
Password:   Worker Password

If you use a command-line miner, type:
Code:
./cgminer  -o stratum+tcp://v.zeuspool.com:3337 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

The first V Pool to be offered! Register Now!

* Dedicated servers
* DDoS protection
* Fully managed - reliable pools
* Professional team
* The goal is to keep you mining
* Always up to date
Activity: 151
v0.8.2 UPDATE is working for me.  Showing block 19105 at the moment.  Someone must be mining again.  I'll start soloing again and report back.

I can confirm that everything is working and I have even solved a few blocks.  Good work Dev!
Activity: 700
The calculations haven't even finished yet Smiley

The load is huge so the db is still calculating. I wish it could be realtime, but it isn't, because it goes through a series of operations, in order to get the blocks that were found, process the shares of each miner for each found block, calculate the coins that should be distributed, recheck to make sure that everything is valid and there's no "messing up" with the results (for example double payments or suspicious shares), then it credits users' balances and after all that it makes payments.
When all is over, it ages the records not needed and moves them to the archive.

During startup of a coin, this tends to become quite big, due to huge number of shares being not calculated. With the incident that happened, it's like that.

I can assure you though that everything is working smoothly and it's a matter of time before the ui starts being fully synced with the data saved in the database.

I hope that answers your question Smiley

I see, thank you.  It caught up right after I posted that post.
The calculations haven't even finished yet Smiley

The load is huge so the db is still calculating. I wish it could be realtime, but it isn't, because it goes through a series of operations, in order to get the blocks that were found, process the shares of each miner for each found block, calculate the coins that should be distributed, recheck to make sure that everything is valid and there's no "messing up" with the results (for example double payments or suspicious shares), then it credits users' balances and after all that it makes payments.
When all is over, it ages the records not needed and moves them to the archive.

During startup of a coin, this tends to become quite big, due to huge number of shares being not calculated. With the incident that happened, it's like that.

I can assure you though that everything is working smoothly and it's a matter of time before the ui starts being fully synced with the data saved in the database.

I hope that answers your question Smiley
Activity: 700
Nevermind, seems to be working now...
We're back in business! Smiley

It's working now after the blockchain download.

Activity: 1008
Activity: 151
v0.8.2 UPDATE is working for me.  Showing block 19105 at the moment.  Someone must be mining again.  I'll start soloing again and report back.
Pages:
Jump to: