Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [VBK] [PoP/PoW] VeriBlock: Securing the World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin! - page 9. (Read 28011 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 4
Dev! Are you currently on the test network? If yes! then when are you planning to launch the mainet?

** ANNOUNCEMENT: Mining Sunrise Ending Thursday September 13th at block 176000. Mining High Noon Starting Sept 14, Friday, 1pm EST**

After a very valuable 2 months of testing (involving over 29,000,000 PoP transactions on tBTC which paid fees in excess of 100,000 tBTC), we will be ending our Mining Sunrise phase and moving into our next phase: “Mining High Noon,” prior to our MainNet launch. A big thank you to the tBTC community and faucets for the high PoP load.

VeriBlock Testnet will be reset with a new genesis block, with all balances being moved over.
  • All balances as of block 176000 will be moved over.
  • – We anticipate this block to occur around Thursday Sept 13th between noon and 3pm EST. Mining Sunrise effectively ends as of this block.
  • – From this time, until “Mining High Noon” is kicked off, essentially mining will be down.

Mining High Noon will kick off on Sept 14, Friday, 1pm EST.

PoP will now mine to BTC MainNet, it will no longer mine to BTC testnet. This means it will take real BTC to mine for PoP.

We appreciate the valuable testing that Bitcoin testnet has enabled us to do, and look forward to giving back to the Bitcoin testnet community to keep this amazing resource available for other projects of all types in the future.

A new 0.3.0 release will be shipped on Github, and everyone will need to upgrade. An upgrade should involve just downloading the latest NodeCore, importing/copying over your previous wallet, and running. As the blockchain will be reset, there will be no bootstrapping file or 170,000+ blocks to sync.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Dev! Are you currently on the test network? If yes! then when are you planning to launch the mainet?
Dev, give us an answer please.
Activity: 8
VeriBlock additional security this significantly increases reliability, enable token blockchain listed on several exchanges, less time waiting for confirmation of the trading platform is currently engaged in the market. I really liked that. I hope you will develop more in the future
Activity: 75

In crypto world we'll get more possibilities to get more profit than doing it in real world.
That's why it could be a good decision if we join this project.
Activity: 51
nodecore CLI wont connect to 127.0.0.1:10501

client just repeats messages like this one:
Aug 12, 2018 8:26:24 PM io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper$ManagedChannelReference cleanQueue
SEVERE: *~*~*~ Channel ManagedChannelImpl{logId=1111, target=127.0.0.1:10501} was not shutdown properly!!! ~*~*~*
    Make sure to call shutdown()/shutdownNow() and wait until awaitTermination() returns true.
java.lang.RuntimeException: ManagedChannel allocation site
        at io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper$ManagedChannelReference.(ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.java:103)
        at io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.(ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.java:53)
        at io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.(ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.java:44)
        at io.grpc.internal.AbstractManagedChannelImplBuilder.build(AbstractManagedChannelImplBuilder.java:410)
        at nodecore.cli.services.AdminServiceClient.(AdminServiceClient.java:63)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell.connect(DefaultShell.java:70)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell.access$100(DefaultShell.java:25)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell$1.bound(DefaultShell.java:510)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell$1.run(DefaultShell.java:479)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

anyone have a similar issue or a solution??

Other than being annoying, it doesn't seem to prevent the CLI or nodecore from working.
Once nodecore has synced, you can quit the CLI and restart it, if you want to.
It's not a new issue: https://github.com/VeriBlock/nodecore-releases/issues/11
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
VeriBlock will revolutionize cryptocurrency exchange, your thought?

so you can talk about every crypto project. but to be 100% sure that it does not work out.
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
Activity: 73
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
if you mine on testnet, will you get some reward when mainnet is launched or its not of any worth to mine on testnet?

Any date finalized for mainnet
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
VeriBlock will revolutionize cryptocurrency exchange, your thought?
Activity: 1
nodecore CLI wont connect to 127.0.0.1:10501

client just repeats messages like this one:
Aug 12, 2018 8:26:24 PM io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper$ManagedChannelReference cleanQueue
SEVERE: *~*~*~ Channel ManagedChannelImpl{logId=1111, target=127.0.0.1:10501} was not shutdown properly!!! ~*~*~*
    Make sure to call shutdown()/shutdownNow() and wait until awaitTermination() returns true.
java.lang.RuntimeException: ManagedChannel allocation site
        at io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper$ManagedChannelReference.(ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.java:103)
        at io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.(ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.java:53)
        at io.grpc.internal.ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.(ManagedChannelOrphanWrapper.java:44)
        at io.grpc.internal.AbstractManagedChannelImplBuilder.build(AbstractManagedChannelImplBuilder.java:410)
        at nodecore.cli.services.AdminServiceClient.(AdminServiceClient.java:63)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell.connect(DefaultShell.java:70)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell.access$100(DefaultShell.java:25)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell$1.bound(DefaultShell.java:510)
        at nodecore.cli.DefaultShell$1.run(DefaultShell.java:479)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

anyone have a similar issue or a solution??
Activity: 30
How do we mine this?

They answered this question in the original post.

Cpu/gpu along with the VeriBlock Core Software (NodeCore, the CLI, and the PoW Miner).
Modified blake2b algo (vblake2b)
Testnet ONLY right now, mainnet in the future.

So asic. No point to mine with cpu/gpu...

was looking forward to this one, but oh well
Activity: 207
It is a great project .
Be patient, it is a test net.
Welcome to join our QQ group:

Veriblock(VBK)中国讨论群

Activity: 46
Don’t mine this token or coin. It worths nothing. It has no security by itself. Mined 4 blocks and two confirmed payment, but all payments have gone to zero even in a not open-sourced condition after two hours. Without security for itself's codes, how could be used to secure others?
No value. Do not mine it and waste time, hashrate, and power.
No value ? It's not a MainNet.
Activity: 98
Don’t mine this token or coin. It worths nothing. It has no security by itself. Mined 4 blocks and two confirmed payment, but all payments have gone to zero even in a not open-sourced condition after two hours. Without security for itself's codes, how could be used to secure others?
No value. Do not mine it and waste time, hashrate, and power.
Activity: 126
VeriBlock has no information about the allocation of tokens. This makes investors hesitate to make investment decisions because the token information is one of the key factors to attract investors.
Activity: 11
and again ... pop miner dont work (0.2.2)

SUCCESS: (2018-07-21 12:00:07) PoP wallet is sufficiently funded
SUCCESS: (2018-07-21 12:00:07) PoP Miner: READY
 > mine
  ERROR: (2018-07-21 12:00:12) [V004] Unknown protocol command
         The command 'mine' is not supported
 > help
  ERROR: (2018-07-21 12:02:47) [V004] Unknown protocol command
         The command 'help' is not supported
Activity: 11
and next problem:

finaly run mining on 1rig with 3gpus (without pop mining, nodecore running, solopool running)

BUT on ANY other rig i am UNABLE to connect to blockchain to sync ... failed to connect to any ip

edited: there was core update in that time, now it seems working Smiley (at least sync)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
How is this different from what Komodo is already doing? It looks like dPoW, just with a new name?

I'd like to hear more as to the answers on these two questions as well please

Thanks!

How is this different from what Komodo is already doing? It looks like dPoW, just with a new name?

Same question... the komodo guys have been providing btc level security for their chain and the asset chains they secure for over a year now. Tell me how is your concept revolutionary?

Thanks for your interest in the project!

dPoW is a delegated system where a small group of publicly-known "notarization nodes" are entrusted with stamping data to Bitcoin. In addition, the creation of blocks is effectively nearly completely centralized to these dPoW miners as well, similar to dPoS systems from a censorship and centralization perspective.

Proof-of-Proof is the first consensus protocol to enable inheriting the full Proof-of-Work security of another blockchain which adheres to the original ethos of Bitcoin: decentralization, trustlessness, transparency, and permissionlessness.  Anyone can freely join or leave the PoP mining process, and there is no known group of PoP miners who can collude or be coerced/compromised.

Was recently linked here from Team account on Twitter when I asked essentially this question in a Tweet. First of all phenomenal proactivity by the team!

Second, this answer leads me to a second question: How does Proof of Proof differ from merge mining? Namecoin and some of its forks (Huntercoin, XAYA) have been able to leverage Bitcoin's security via a merge mining approach. At one point, Namecoin was actually the blockchain with the highest hashrate across all crypto (when Bitcoin Cash fork happened, as BTC and BCH miners were both merge mining Namecoin).
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Went through the GPU mining guide, so there's no support for AMD GPUs yet?
Pages:
Jump to: