Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [VELD] - Veldspar - A new type of coin, trying to solve different problems - page 2. (Read 4356 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
There were no messages here for two weeks...
How is work going on? Is there any news?
What are the plans for the near future?

It's been delayed for now, I guess the dev is probably busy doing other things but he's still active and working on an update.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
There were no messages here for two weeks...
How is work going on? Is there any news?
What are the plans for the near future?
legendary
Hi, here is the latest news and network plan.  Also has first semblance of economic information and supply etc.
https://medium.com/p/969b942a713d?source=linkShare-c1d186c98e27-1536246452

Thanks for the update dev, so I'm guessing after the update the new wallet and miner will be available this Sunday right?

It will be next Sunday, it's too soon to test all the changes that are being made.

Ok that's understandable, take your time. I'm confident that in due time with all the work you're doing and with the help of the community Veldspar will be a success in many ways.
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
Normally a bounty campaign should start parallel or even before ICO starts, so that you can attract more potential investors. They are still organizing the bounty campaign and the half of the ICO is already finished then.

what? wrong thread perhaps?

i think he was looking for room101.
copper member
Activity: 87
Merit: 5
Normally a bounty campaign should start parallel or even before ICO starts, so that you can attract more potential investors. They are still organizing the bounty campaign and the half of the ICO is already finished then.

what? wrong thread perhaps?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
copper member
Hi, here is the latest news and network plan.  Also has first semblance of economic information and supply etc.

Thanks for the update dev, so I'm guessing after the update the new wallet and miner will be available this Sunday right?

It will be next Sunday, it's too soon to test all the changes that are being made.
legendary

copper member
legendary
So, the poll posted on Discord was as follows:  (This probably isn't the best place to hold a poll but hey!)

1) Should we stick with the current Fiat style of denomination or move to satoshi style? (0.00 :thumbsup: , 0.00000000 :thumbsdown: ) ?

2) There will be another Blockchain restart, no-one will loose any tokens, does everyone understand this or will I get loads of DM's and Mentions on here (Yes I Understand :thumbsup: , no I need to be banned :smiley:  :thumbsdown: )

You have to think about more than just the perceived value of what you have mined so far when thinking about the next question.  Because just because something is scarce does not automatically add value, there also has to be liquidity.

People HODL'ing really hurts a currency if there is not enough to have movement on exchanges, so wanting only 10MM in circulation will kill everything flat if you want this coin to succeed.  But also you do not want everything to be too numerous either.

With that in mind, would you like the economic target to be (estimated) (all at 0.00 denominations, otherwise far more tokens need to be produced :

1)   100M Veldspar (around 50M Tokens)
2)  500M Veldspar (around 250M Tokens)
3)  1BN Veldspar (you get the point)
4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)

Oh, i missed this?!

Is the poll still ongoing? I would vote to move to satoshi style denomination and for supply I guess I'm ok with 10BN Veldspar.

Yes it's still open until I feel everyone has had a fair say and put their positions forward.  So is that 10BN + 8dp, would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 units. I'd hate to think about the size of the blockchain at that point.  8dp, and 100M feels more sustainable.  But I will take note of your wants.

Maybe I should phrase it as how many tokens should it be likely possible to mine.

Damn, I just didn't take the blockchain size into account, what you're proposing is actually a lot more reasonable then.  

Hey, i'm up for anything.  I love a challenge!

After reading your Medium article, I think it actually makes more sense switching to the fiat style denomination and 100M Veldspar would be best in order to keep the blockchain size small.
copper member
So, the poll posted on Discord was as follows:  (This probably isn't the best place to hold a poll but hey!)

1) Should we stick with the current Fiat style of denomination or move to satoshi style? (0.00 :thumbsup: , 0.00000000 :thumbsdown: ) ?

2) There will be another Blockchain restart, no-one will loose any tokens, does everyone understand this or will I get loads of DM's and Mentions on here (Yes I Understand :thumbsup: , no I need to be banned :smiley:  :thumbsdown: )

You have to think about more than just the perceived value of what you have mined so far when thinking about the next question.  Because just because something is scarce does not automatically add value, there also has to be liquidity.

People HODL'ing really hurts a currency if there is not enough to have movement on exchanges, so wanting only 10MM in circulation will kill everything flat if you want this coin to succeed.  But also you do not want everything to be too numerous either.

With that in mind, would you like the economic target to be (estimated) (all at 0.00 denominations, otherwise far more tokens need to be produced :

1)   100M Veldspar (around 50M Tokens)
2)  500M Veldspar (around 250M Tokens)
3)  1BN Veldspar (you get the point)
4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)

Oh, i missed this?!

Is the poll still ongoing? I would vote to move to satoshi style denomination and for supply I guess I'm ok with 10BN Veldspar.

Yes it's still open until I feel everyone has had a fair say and put their positions forward.  So is that 10BN + 8dp, would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 units. I'd hate to think about the size of the blockchain at that point.  8dp, and 100M feels more sustainable.  But I will take note of your wants.

Maybe I should phrase it as how many tokens should it be likely possible to mine.

Damn, I just didn't take the blockchain size into account, what you're proposing is actually a lot more reasonable then. 

Hey, i'm up for anything.  I love a challenge!
legendary
So, the poll posted on Discord was as follows:  (This probably isn't the best place to hold a poll but hey!)

2) There will be another Blockchain restart, no-one will loose any tokens, does everyone understand this or will I get loads of DM's and Mentions on here (Yes I Understand :thumbsup: , no I need to be banned :smiley:  :thumbsdown: )

You have to think about more than just the perceived value of what you have mined so far when thinking about the next question.  Because just because something is scarce does not automatically add value, there also has to be liquidity.

People HODL'ing really hurts a currency if there is not enough to have movement on exchanges, so wanting only 10MM in circulation will kill everything flat if you want this coin to succeed.  But also you do not want everything to be too numerous either.

4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)

Oh, i missed this?!

Yes it's still open until I feel everyone has had a fair say and put their positions forward.  So is that 10BN + 8dp, would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 units. I'd hate to think about the size of the blockchain at that point.  8dp, and 100M feels more sustainable.  But I will take note of your wants.

Damn I just didn't take the blockchain size into account, what you're proposing is actually a lot more reasonable then.  
copper member

4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)

Oh, i missed this?!

Yes it's still open until I feel everyone has had a fair say and put their positions forward.  So is that 10BN + 8dp, would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 units. I'd hate to think about the size of the blockchain at that point (around 7TB).  8dp, and 100M feels more sustainable.  But I will take note of your wants.

What were your reasons for wanting satoshi 8dp?  Trading?
legendary
So, the poll posted on Discord was as follows:  (This probably isn't the best place to hold a poll but hey!)

2) There will be another Blockchain restart, no-one will loose any tokens, does everyone understand this or will I get loads of DM's and Mentions on here (Yes I Understand :thumbsup: , no I need to be banned :smiley:  :thumbsdown: )

You have to think about more than just the perceived value of what you have mined so far when thinking about the next question.  Because just because something is scarce does not automatically add value, there also has to be liquidity.

People HODL'ing really hurts a currency if there is not enough to have movement on exchanges, so wanting only 10MM in circulation will kill everything flat if you want this coin to succeed.  But also you do not want everything to be too numerous either.

4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)

Oh, i missed this?!

Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul

4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)

Oh, i missed this?!
copper member

4)  10BN, Veldspar
5)  100BN Veldspar
6)  1TN Veldspar
7)  Other(edited)
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Really glad to see something different, welcome Veldspar and good luck! Will keep an eye on you...
copper member
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
So I tried compiling the miner from source again and it still continues to crash, however I tried using the pre-compiled from the github and it works fine.

Very strange is it different types of miners? In this case, the team must be corrected and equated with what is on the githab to everyone else. I usually just from what I put in the githab always take because the site is easier to hack and put the virus but the githab hack is harder.

No, what you're saying does not make sense. The difference could be because of the versions of libraries and dependencies that I used to compile it.

muthafucker cant even SPELL github, and they try talk like they know how code works.  Cheesy
if he did he would have realized how what he was saying was one of the dumbest coding sentences you could ever speak
and that it would be OBVIOUSLY an environment problem if he knew what he was saying, as YOU said Tongue

this is what spammers have made this forum Sad

Looking forward to velspar development, this is finally something INTERESTING atleast
legendary
So I tried compiling the miner from source again and it still continues to crash, however I tried using the pre-compiled from the github and it works fine.

Very strange is it different types of miners? In this case, the team must be corrected and equated with what is on the githab to everyone else. I usually just from what I put in the githab always take because the site is easier to hack and put the virus but the githab hack is harder.

No, what you're saying does not make sense. The difference could be because of the versions of libraries and dependencies that I used to compile it.
Pages:
Jump to: