Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 5. (Read 48711 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 2
From Mikeout in Discord

"People owe it to themselves to check this out. @𝙊𝙞𝙣𝙠 sorry for the double post, this has to be an exception 🙂 ! https://luckpool.net/profile/identity/mike.vrsc "
Activity: 7
Merit: 2
September 2021 — Verus Monthly Recap

The latest Verus updates on development, community, ecosystem and more.

https://medium.com/veruscoin/september-2021-verus-monthly-recap-9f0961624d0a
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Verus Monthly Recap
The first edition (August) of Verus Monthly Recap is out now!

https://medium.com/@meyse/august-2021-verus-monthly-recap-4241c7c80b8a
Activity: 175
Merit: 12
ANNOUNCING HIGHLY RECOMMENDED NON-MANDATORY, CRITICAL FOR NOTARIES AND POOLS, v0.7.4

IT’S TESTNET RESET TIME  Grin !

Version v0.7.4 can improve a mainnet node’s synchronization and this version also upgrades and resets the Verus testnet, preparing it for the testnet launch of the Ethereum/Rinkeby bridge and bringing Verus PBaaS multi-chain, multi-currency, Verus Vault ID timelocking, Verus MEV-resistant DeFi, and the Ethereum bridge much closer to a mainnet ready state.

This release fixes all known functionality issues reported from the previous testnet including some related to currency and blockchain launches, as well as being incorrectly able to reduce the timelock period on a Verus Vault locked ID. It also includes the ability to export an ID from one chain to another, using the “exportid”:true parameter in sendcurrency, enabling cross-chain use of VerusIDs. With this release, we will be resetting the Verus testnet. To use the new testnet, you must make sure to delete the vrsctest and .verustest/pbaas or VerusTest\pbaas folders beforehand.

While the new testnet is fully prepared and ready to launch vETH as the Ethereum gateway, which will be directly connected to the Rinkeby testnet, there is still work on the Ethereum side to complete. We do not have an exact day that we expect to launch the gateway on the new testnet. We have confirmed the bridge connection and transaction transfers between VerusTest and Rinkeby, and we do not expect the bridge to be much longer until we can launch it on this testnet.

In addition to being prepared for the Ethereum bridge launch, this release adds some new testnet capabilities, including the ability to send to IDs cross chain and export IDs from chain to chain using the “exportid”:true parameter with sendcurrency. IDs only need to be exported once and can then be used and managed directly as a forked ID on the destination chain.

Thanks to all who have been using the testnet and reporting issues. Although the testing on this release took a bit longer than usual, we need to make sure that we release the best quality possible. I want to also thank the dedicated community members who participated in release testing, including the new people who joined this time around. As always, this is a community project with community contributors in everything from design to development to testing, website, marketing, and literally everything else. All of us who contribute are community members who mined, staked, bought, or earned coins from contribution like anyone else could. If you would like things to go faster, we encourage you to contribute where you can on things that are needed to get to release and we will leverage that help to go faster together.

CLI Release: https://github.com/VerusCoin/VerusCoin/releases/tag/v0.7.4
GUI Release: https://github.com/VerusCoin/Verus-Desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.4
Announcing v0.7.3-2 CRITICAL mainnet upgrade and the world premier of the Verus Project’s new PBaaS technology multicurrency, multichain DeFi protocols and immediate public availability of its fully functional, multichain testnet.

SoonTM is today! With no programming, you can now create new identities, currencies, liquidity pools, and blockchains for your business, your government, your projects, a worthy cause, your family, or your next decentralized application suite. Send currencies worldwide on the same chain, or across blockchains with ease. Even convert currencies to others on the network without an exchange by sending to yourself and converting along the way.

This testnet includes following capabilities, which to our knowledge are not available on any other decentralized platform.

Self sovereign, revocable, recoverable identities (currently on mainnet) with zero-knowledge privacy support (VerusID) - Enables permissionless registration of friendly name strong identities and funds addresses that are simultaneously fully self-sovereign, revocable, and recoverable.

Staking-capable time locking and theft prevention (Verus Vault) - Enables identities to be locked, preventing any funds under their control from being spent while locked, but still allowing seamless staking of funds.

Multi-currency, user created, decentralized tokens and merge-mineable, interoperable blockchains without programming - Enables any user with an ID to create their own token currency or even full fledged, multi-currency, ID-issuing 50% POW/50% POS, 51% hash attack resistant blockchain that can send and receive from the Verus chain which launched it.

Consensus integrated DeFi liquidity pools and fractional currency baskets - Enables any ID owner to define Verus DeFi fractional basket currencies with one or more asset currencies backing the liquidity pool at a fractional percentage ranging from 5% to 100%.

Blockchain-based, crowdfunding currency launches with minimum participation or automatic refunds, including for dual launches (blockchain and bridge) - Enables you to set required minimum levels of worldwide participation in your preferred currencies on chain. If by the start time of your currency, minimums are not met, all participants will automatically get their pre-conversions (minus network fees) refunded.

Simultaneous blockchain and blockchain liquidity pool launches - Enables the launch of a world class, worldwide, merge-mineable blockchain along with a fully decentralized or centralized “bridge” converter liquidity pool as part of defining a new blockchain.

An interoperable, multichain network for new use cases and unlimited scale - Allows for the creation of an unlimited number of interoperable blockchains in the Verus network.

Merge mining of up to 22 blockchains simultaneously - Lets you multiply your hashpower by up to 22x by mining multiple chains at the same time, on the same hashpower.

Blockchain fee pools and anti-front running - Addresses MEV and more elegantly solves the EIP1559 problem with a block reward independent economy.

NOTE: THIS IS A CRITICAL RELEASE FOR MAINNET AND ALSO INCLUDES TESTNET. ALL NEW FEATURES ABOVE BESIDES VerusID ARE TESTNET ONLY

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY!!
GUI releases for all platforms: https://github.com/VerusCoin/Verus-Desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.3-2
CLI releases for all platforms: https://github.com/VerusCoin/VerusCoin/releases/tag/v0.7.3-2

Multichain, Multicurrency DeFi Protocols are now live on testnet. Capabilities not available on any other decentralized platform today!

https://medium.com/veruscoin/verus-announces-new-multicurrency-multichain-defi-protocols-and-immediate-public-availability-of-f1868f259ce5
Activity: 76
Its May again, anniversary is coming. Smiley
Activity: 19
the testnet release is really close. as the testnet is apparently pretty hardened already we are not far from mainnet release  Cool

come and visit us on discord if u want to experience the com of devs etc. Smiley

https://discord.gg/VRKMP2S
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005
How far away is Defi for main net?   

Also, is VerusCoin approach the "build it and they will come" mentality? I hope not in this competitive market and there are plans to nuture a community of developers, developing solid documentation to ensure projects are built on top of Verus.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

You can mine Verus at autoexchange mining pool Zergpool.com at 0.5% fee. Please use following commands for different mining options

Option 1 Auto coin switch mining by profitability within algorithm with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=BTC

Option 2 Direct coin mining with payout to coin wallet
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=VRSC,mc=VRSC

Option 3 Direct coin mining with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=BTC,mc=VRSC

Please note mc stands for mining coin symbol, c stand for payout coin symbol

SOLO and PARTY mining
Set m=solo, or m=party.YourPartyPassword to your password field to use this feature. No extra fees.

Autoexchange to BTC, LTC, DASH, BCH, DOGE or any other currency we mine
Happy mining,
 cheers pinpin
From Mike, our lead developer:

Congratulations to all of you in our entire, worldwide Verus Community!! I’m above 35,000 feet in the air right now, and we have just passed our first bi-annual halving! Thanks to you, our community is stronger than it’s ever been, and I am honored to be a part of our incredible project!! Thank you everyone across our community and around the world for helping us get to this point and for making the Verus Project the most exciting effort of which I’ve ever been a part!! We are on the precipice of changing the crypto industry and the world, and we have gotten here together! As one of us succeeds, so do we all! Thank you for making this a truly great community!!
Activity: 200
Merit: 103
Hello Bitcoin World!!
VERUS ANNOUNCES NEW EXCHANGE LISTING, CONTESTS WITH 140,000 VRSC IN PRIZES, AMA & HALVING

London, November 11, 2020: Privacy, identity, and the DeFi-ready blockchain ecosystem, Verus, announces its newest exchange listing on Bithumb Global, a top-tier digital asset trading platform, providing world-class fiat and cryptocurrency trading services to users worldwide. Backed by more than half a million community members, Bithumb Global enables each global user to trade, participate or contribute to the digital assets ecosystem as part of the Bithumb family, one of the most popular cryptocurrency trading platforms in South Korea with over $1 trillion USD in cumulative, annual transaction volume. Bithumb Global will now list VRSC for purchase, trading, and for a limited time – on-exchange staking.

To celebrate the new Verus exchange listing, Bithumb Global is giving away 140,000 VRSC in a series of contests, an amount worth $50,000 USD as of November 3rd and over $55,000, as of November 11th!

The contest includes three events:

1) Trading competition – Participants can compete to have the highest accumulated trading volume with a minimum of 4,000 VRSC traded. The top 1500 traders will get a share of 53,500 VRSC in prizes.

2) Buying competition – If participants buy 500 VRSC or more, they earn bonuses of up to six percent.

3) Staking giveaway – After purchasing, participants can stake to earn even more in Event 3, choosing to lock their token for 30-60 days earning up to an additional 5 percent (30% Annual percentage yield).

The contest starts when the listing is launched on November 11 at 4:00 EST / 9:00 UTC on Bithumb.pro. Participants can sign up to buy, trade and stake VRSC to earn thousands of dollars in Verus given away by the community. And before the contest, questions can be directed to Verus.io/discord. To ensure referral fees go to the Verus Coin Foundation, an independent, non-profit organization, funding by donations to support the Verus Project, its development, and community, users are encouraged to use the referral code 8jznat when making a new account.

In addition to the contest giveaways, Verus and Bithumb are teaming up to offer an ‘Ask Me Anything’ (AMA) session, with Verus lead developer Mike Toutonghi, where participants can earn while learning about the open-source blockchain protocol designed for privacy, safety, open participation, and unlimited scalability. The event will be hosted for one hour starting on November 12 at 3 AM EST / 8 AM UTC on Bithumb’s Telegram channel https://t.me/bithumbglobal_EN

Verus Halving
In less than two weeks, Verus will also be undergoing a halving, cutting default mining and blockchain staking rewards in half and diminishing from 24 to 12 VRSC for every block mined or staked. The halving is significant because it marks another drop in Verus’ dwindling finite supply. The total maximum supply of Verus is 83,540,184. At the time of writing, there are 58,623,495 VRSC already in circulation, leaving just 24,916,689 left to be released via coinbase rewards.

Verus is scheduled to halve every 1051200 blocks indefinitely (approximately every 2 years). Miners and stakers will also be rewarded with fees for processing transactions that network users will pay. Because of its unique architecture, 100% of rewards from transactions go to miners and stakers on the network.

The Verus network has introduced a new consensus mechanism: called Proof of Power, a 50% Proof of Work and 50% Proof of Stake algorithm. It uses a statistical function that combines Proof of Work and Proof of Stake to validate each block by either, while averaging to a target percentage of blocks being validated by each form of proof.

Proof of Power is a provable hybrid solution to 51% Hash Attacks and the staking algorithm solves the two major theoretical issues undermining other Proof of Stake systems, “nothing at stake” and “weak subjectivity” by leveraging its smart transaction capabilities to remove any incentive to attempt cheating, making it a losing proposition.

Proof of Power is a groundbreaking consensus protocol that uses a unique hash algorithm, VerusHash, a quantum secure hash algorithm that nearly equalizes the cost/performance ratio of both CPUs and FPGA, lowering the hardware barrier of entry and making it so that anyone can help participate in securing the Proof of Work network, as most people believe Satoshi intended in the original BTC protocol.

The halving will take place on November 22, around 03:12 UTC. A countdown clock can be viewed at https://countdown.verus.io/halving/

About VRSC:
Verus is a truly free, decentralized protocol and rent-free blockchain framework that provides chain interoperability that can scale to the world. It’s not just a protocol, but an ecosystem of interconnected blockchains. The Verus Project has also developed and is nearing mainnet rollout of a new technology, Verus DeFi, which has been successfully testing since last year. Once on mainnet, the Verus DeFi system will be a fractal, market-driven, and completely liquid worldwide network of independently valued currencies and protocol-based currency baskets that allows anyone holding Verus to perform currency conversions, cross-chain transactions, and launch their own fractional reserve currencies as well.

The next generation DeFi enabled platform is designed as a scalable, secure, public network with privacy built-in. Verus offers superior decentralized finance for community driven liquidity by utilizing simultaneous parallel processing of DeFi transactions, allowing Verus to advance the technology underpinning automated market makers and community liquidity. The result is a series of improvements including the elimination of front-running, lower costs and optimization of liquidity.

Verus was fairly launched with no ICO, no pre-mine, no development fee, and with advance mining notice, all network fees go to blockchain miners and stakers, as well as DeFi currency holders. Development is funded through community donations, supported by the non-profit Verus Coin Foundation, and there are no centralized or rent-seeking fees in the protocol whatsoever.

Verus supports both transparent and fully private blockchain addresses and also offers self-sovereign, fully decentralized recoverable friendly name identities. In addition to these capabilities, which are available today using the Verus Desktop GUI application for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms, Verus is testing its upcoming release that supports unlimited tokenization of assets.

Coupled decentralized bridging protocols which will allow various coins, Ethereum-based currencies, UTXO blockchain-based coins, and others, to be represented on the Verus system in a decentralized manner, will allow currencies to be sent into the Verus network from other cryptocurrency systems and also allow all Verus-created currencies to be sent to and represented in the Ethereum network as automatically created ERC20 tokens. The Verus Community believes this will lead to an expansive universe of tokens and coins with liquidity across the Verus system and other leading blockchain networks.

Learn more at Verus.io or join the community discord at Verus.io/discord
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 18
How can you be sure of that. How can you trust what your eyes tell your brain? No way the pairs are there. My body is starting to engorge with air I pump in it through the mouth opening trying to accumulate more gas in my lungs before interminable laughing routine. I can not explain nor fathom what raveled me in you statement but my body reacted unusually.
Well, since I use that exchange myself I can assure you that all pairs are there and all are active.
Activity: 396
Merit: 109
The Verus VRSC listing on WhiteBIT is active as of 10:00am UTC 10.07.2020.

The first marketpair available is VRSC/BTC, with the pairs VRSC/ETH, VRSC/EUR (fiat), VRSC/USD (fiat) and VRSC/RUB (fiat) being implemented shortly.

HELP support the foundation and use the foundation referral: https://whitebit.com/referral/VerusFoundation to create a account on WhiteBIT for 0 trading fee on VRSC/BTC from 10.07.2020 to 24.07.2020.

Let's pull together and make this exchange listing a succes story.

Get to know WhiteBIT exchange!

Demo Token Trading Competition (total prize money 1BTC)
Token Competitions
AirDrops
Giveaway and more.

With the fiat on-/of-ramp that WhiteBIT provides it will be easier for new and existing users to onboard Verus without shifting various Crypto assets between exchanges first, lowering the treshold for the onboard process and potentially growing adoption.

Verus has now three market pairs available on WhiteBIT exchange: one crypto pair VRSC/BTC and two fiat pairs: VRSC/USD and VRSC/EUR.

The fiat pairs will enable people to easily exchange their euros or dollars directly into VRSC. Shifting funds to other exchanges to get Verus is no longer needed.

VRSC/ETH and VRSC/RUB will be implemented shortly.

How can you be sure of that. How can you trust what your eyes tell your brain? No way the pairs are there. My body is starting to engorge with air I pump in it through the mouth opening trying to accumulate more gas in my lungs before interminable laughing routine. I can not explain nor fathom what raveled me in you statement but my body reacted unusually.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
anyone know how to get wallet back using verus windows wallet with just a wallet.dat file can it be done.

look at this :
https://wiki.veruscoin.io/#!index.md
Activity: 123
anyone know how to get wallet back using verus windows wallet with just a wallet.dat file can it be done.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

You can mine Verus at autoexchange mining pool Zergpool.com at 0.5% fee. Please use following commands for different mining options

Option 1 Auto coin switch mining by profitability within algorithm with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=BTC

Option 2 Direct coin mining with payout to coin wallet
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=VRSC,mc=VRSC

Option 3 Direct coin mining with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=BTC,mc=VRSC

Please note mc stands for mining coin symbol, c stand for payout coin symbol

SOLO and PARTY mining
Set m=solo, or m=party.YourPartyPassword to your password field to use this feature. No extra fees.

Autoexchange to BTC, LTC, DASH, BCH, DOGE or any other currency we mine
Happy mining,
 cheers pinpin
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
all i got on the wallet is no demon running found can anyone help be sat there for 2 days saying same cheers.
go to discord, you will find help there
https://discord.gg/RnXzd7
Activity: 123
all i got on the wallet is no demon running found can anyone help be sat there for 2 days saying same cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: