Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 8. (Read 48711 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Hi guys,

Just noticed, not one of the listed exchanges @ https://veruscoin.io/getVRSC.html#exchange is taking deposits? All are in maintenance.

Does anyone know of a working exchange? I would like to exchange a few hundred coins for BTC.

Thanks
J

ya i mentioned in their discord the same thing, seems exchanges are not something they generally worry about tho
this never made it onto a decent exchange in the year+ its been alive, not sure if the wallet is just hard to run for them or what : /
generally a coin that claims so many "firsts" dosent have to worry about paying so much for listings or have so much trouble getting on a top 10 exchange you would think...
all exchanges are down for this for days now tho, gonna be a race to dump this one i think once they open so be rdy if your looking to sell!
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Hi guys,

Just noticed, not one of the listed exchanges @ https://veruscoin.io/getVRSC.html#exchange is taking deposits? All are in maintenance.

Does anyone know of a working exchange? I would like to exchange a few hundred coins for BTC.

Thanks
J
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005
Chain is now stable after the fork.  Keep up the great work guys.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Activity: 94
Love this coin, somehow screwed up and my wallet.dat is gone but I have my private keys still. Just can't get Agama to load them even if I rescan, the rescan just comes up with errors. That was after I bootstrapped correctly to catch up to date on blocks as well.

Even other wallets (mobile, webwallets) are disabled for this coin! there's a problem occurring lately and still isn't fixed yet!
Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock
Love this coin, somehow screwed up and my wallet.dat is gone but I have my private keys still. Just can't get Agama to load them even if I rescan, the rescan just comes up with errors. That was after I bootstrapped correctly to catch up to date on blocks as well.
WOW,
Massive jump in hashrate, i'm guessing the server farms and GPU farms, have suddenly caught up.
Get those cpus burning quickly before the FPGA's jump onboard.

To the DEVS....next algo increment, please make it VERY ram heavy, say min 16GB....that will at least cripple the GPU/FPGA guys for more than a few days.....
Hi guys,

Just trying out my new build.
If anyone wants to try mining some (VRSC) i am running on MRR for the next few hours.

http://rig.rent/rigs/141908

J
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
 Hi,
   I want to get in to this, but have questions. For a cpu, I'm looking at the AMD Ryzen 2700 and the 2700X. What would the difference in mining between the two? Next system memory. How much is needed? Say 4gb, 8gb etc? And gpu. Low end fine? Say a GTX 1030, GTX 1050ti or maybe Radeon RX 550, 560, 570?

Will there be a late time, meaning not worth getting into it. I saw videos saying to get in now. Because basically it won't very long before the fpg's come back in.   

Thank you for any help.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

You can mine Verus at autoexchange mining pool Zergpool.com at 0.5% fee. Please use following commands for different mining options

Option 1 Auto coin switch by profitability within algorithm with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=BTC

Option 2 Direct coin mining with payout to coin wallet
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=VRSC,mc=VRSC

Option 3 Direct coin mining with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u -p c=BTC,mc=VRSC

Please note mc stands for mining coin symbol, c stand for payout coin symbol

Autoexchange to BTC, LTC, DASH, BCH, DOGE or any other currency we mine
Happy mining,
 cheers pinpin
Activity: 175
Merit: 12
MANDATORY UPDATE v0.6.0 -- REQUIRED FOR MAINNET PAST BLOCK 800200 -- MAKE SURE TO UPGRADE BEFORE DECEMBER 15TH

@everyone Announcing Verus Version 0.6.0 Mainnet Release with the new VerusHash 2.1 and December 15th activation of VerusIDs, the only decentralized, friendly, self-sovereign, quantum ready, revocable, recoverable, blockchain identities in the world!

Thanks to everyone across the community for all of your help, testing, and feedback to make this the most exciting release in the history of the Verus Project! Once VerusIDs activate on December 15th, Verus will earn its place in blockchain history as the first to deliver a truly decentralized, easy to use, revocable, recoverable multisig capable identity protocol.

The GUI version also include the Komodo network upgrade, which activates on the Komodo network on December 20th.

Make sure to backup your wallet.dat, as is always recommended on upgrade. Download and install the latest releases here: https://veruscoin.io/wallet.html
Activity: 18
Announcing availability of CLI testnet and first release candidate (RC1) for the Verus ID and VerusHash 2.1 Network Upgrade!

This is the first release candidate (RC1) for the next major upgrade to the Verus network. It is considered fully ready for testing on both VRSCTEST testnet and VRSC mainnet. While this release is likely to work fine on mainnet through the coming activation, it is not yet an official release that you should expect to support mainnet activation. This release is intended for community members and ecosystem developers to have a chance to test and familiarize themselves with Verus ID technology on testnet. If you install this version, please make sure to upgrade to an official release before network activation, which will happen at block 800200, expected to be mined or staked on December 15th.

This release enables two technology upgrades, one that would be considered big news to most cryptocurrency projects, an improvement to the FPGA-equalizing hash algorithm, and a revolutionary, new decentralized identity technology, Verus IDs, that will disrupt today’s centralized systems with the most secure, quantum ready, fully decentralized, self-sovereign digital identity system in the world.

Verus ID - A Better Blockchain Identity Technology
If you’ve been around crypto for even a little while, you’ll start to hear things like “not your keys, not your coins”, “lose your keys, lose your coins”. If you lose your keys, no one will ever be able to recover your money.

In fact, trading off decentralized, censorship resistant public systems for this risk to your cryptocurrency assets is such a fundamental issue in blockchain systems today that it is considered an acceptable price for having the benefit of full control over your own funds and blockchain assets.

Verus ID provides an elegant solution to these previously unsolved, fundamental problems, and also provides quantum-ready friendly identity names and blockchain funds addresses as self-sovereign, revocable, recoverable identities that provide the following advantages over today’s blockchain systems:

• Identity and currency address are one and the same. Your friendly name can be used as both a reference to who you are and an on-chain destination for any funds transfer.
  • Each identity must have a set of addresses (1 or more) and a minimum number of signatures required from those addresses to spend or sign on behalf of an identity. Each identity also refers to two additional identities that have authority over:
    • Primary - this is the self identity and may modify any part of the identity except its name, its parent, which is derived from the blockchain on which it is defined, and unless it is also one of the two other authorities, it may not modify any data under their control, including the identity of the other authorities once specified.
    • Revocation - this identity may revoke the primary identity, which will also revoke access to all funds and transactions under its control, but it may not spend any funds or sign on behalf of the identity.
    • Recovery - this authority may redefine/recover a revoked identity, but it may not change the revocation authority, nor may it modify an unrevoked identity at all.
  • Identities are transferable by defining them with primary addresses with private keys, which are under another party’s control. When identities are transferred, the revocation and recovery authorities may or may not be modified as well, as long as the party updating the ID has the authority to do so.
  • If an identity is transferred from one party to another, all funds in transactions that are under the control of that identity will also transfer to the party to which control is being transferred. In the native wallet, these changes are automatically reflected in the wallet balance and visibility of the balance of an identity using z_getbalance identity@”.
  • If later, a new address type or signature algorithm, such as one that is quantum secure s added to the Verus blockchain, all transactions sent to an identity that is updated to be under the control of the new address type will be subject to its spend conditions as well. That means that if you have 1000 transactions sent to your identity name/address, an upgrade to a quantum secure address, when they are available, will retroactively secure all 1000 transactions under the control of that address.

You can download RC1 at: https://github.com/VerusCoin/VerusCoin/releases/tag/v0.5.9-37
For more information or help visit our discord: https://discord.gg/VRKMP2S
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
Crypto Miner and Crypto Enthusiast!
Verus Community T-Shirt Design Contest

The goal is to design a T-shirt around the fork, showing the current logo on the back and after the fork the front of the T-shirt with the new Verus ID and graphics. Winners will be awarded a T-shirt with the winning design (Contest period 1 --> back, contest period 2 --> front) and a limited amount of shirts will be available to purchase.

Contest period 1 – Verus logo as it exists along side the date of 12-15-19 for design inspiration for back of shirt
Contest period 2 – logo + VerusID should be used for inspiration (front of shirt)

Community Vote will be taken Dec, 30 2019, 1200 UTC (noon) - Dec, 31 2019, 1200 UTC (noon)
Judge vote TBD shortly after.

Design submissions for contest period 1 will must be completed on block #800200.
Design submissions for contest period 2 will start at block #801640 until Dec, 30 2019, 1200 UTC (noon).

Contest rules can be found at https://www.veruscommunity.io/contest
Activity: 1
The project is very solid and serious. The latest additions are PBAAS (Public Blockchain As A Service) and the soon be ready (few days from now) Verus ID that will add a very useful identification (and much more) functionality.
Anyone can find out more at the official website or discord channel - links should be available on the main post.
Activity: 19
Merit: 54
https://vrsc.fpgapool.net/static/fpgalogosmall.gif

New Public VerusCoin Mining Pool:   FPGAPOOL.NET
https://vrsc.fpgapool.net

All miners welcome!

-Low 1% fee for mining

-Payouts Every 3 minutes

Current Pool Ranking according to miningpoolstats.stream
https://miningpoolstats.stream/veruscoin

Mining URL:

Code:
stratum+tcp://vrsc.fpgapool.net:9999

Discord link: https://discord.gg/pEHgqmr

Enjoy Mining!
New releases of our wallets are now available on https://veruscoin.io/ that include the latest updates to address the Zcash privacy issue announced a few days ago.

This update also includes all of the Zcash updates since our last synchronization of Sapling, minor GUI fixes, UI improvements, and the latest support for VRSCTEST on testnet and screens to make your own test blockchain currencies, send across test chains, and even convert currencies on the testnet as well.

Please upgrade as soon as you are able and spread the word. This update is technically not mandatory, but it fixes a real security/privacy issue, and we consider it to be a CRITICAL update.

If you have recently looked at the website for downloads, please be sure to update the page and that you are installing version 0.5.9. Enjoy!
https://veruscoin.io/wallet.html
Get the latest Verus wallet v0.5.8 for $VRSC, $BTC, $KMD, $ETH, +100s more, also with Verus advanced technology testnet!
Enable testnet and convert currencies with a simple send. Even send cross-chain! Scalable, shared liquidity - independent chains.

Try it now: https://veruscoin.io/wallet.html
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Can veruscoin tech be used to make an algorithmic stable coin like Maker dai?
Once PBaaS is on mainnet, a PBaaS coin can become a stable coin with respect to VRSC by supplying a large enough liquid reserve to limit slippage between the coin and VRSC. Any PBaaS chain using the liquid reserve option will be able to exchange its coin to Verus and back, much like the BANCOR protocol. The difference is that Verus’ implementation is governed by the blockchain consensus.

In that sense: yes, it will.

I suspect however that you would like to peg a coin to a different currency than VRSC. I imagine this could be done by continuously adapting the size of the liquid reserve, to artificially match the pegged value you’re after.

Looking forward to PBaaS when it launch....this will be a new revolutions in crypto world  Cool

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Once PBaaS is on mainnet, a PBaaS coin can become a stable coin with respect to VRSC by supplying a large enough liquid reserve to limit slippage between the coin and VRSC. Any PBaaS chain using the liquid reserve option will be able to exchange its coin to Verus and back, much like the BANCOR protocol. The difference is that Verus’ implementation is governed by the blockchain consensus.

I suspect however that you would like to peg a coin to a different currency than VRSC. I imagine this could be done by continuously adapting the size of the liquid reserve, to artificially match the pegged value you’re after.

Thanks, that sounds pretty awesome!!

Pages:
Jump to: