Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 206. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Why make a joke? I'm trying , like everybody here to make some extra cash that's it. I don't want fud I would never fud anyone's thread as all are equal to there own projects and opinions.

Josh

that wasn't fud…. i want to buy 7000 of your coins

Did you read his post" "There will only be 1000 of each coin for now, if orders over exceed we can always get more printed and also if you have a coin you wish to be minted please contact and I will quote you on , product . Type of material, and amount of coins."

I'm curious, what would you do with $70,000 worth of these coins?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I'm calling 150k.

Please up-vote and comment about discussion on VIAcoin, let r/bitcoin know we're better than Counterparty!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2fnazc/which_bitcoin_20_will_win_the_day/

Is there an announcement soon??? Whats all this urgency of the price going up soon?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Why make a joke? I'm trying , like everybody here to make some extra cash that's it. I don't want fud I would never fud anyone's thread as all are equal to there own projects and opinions.

Josh

that wasn't fud…. i want to buy 7000 of your coins
Activity: 91
MP & UKASH EXCHANGER & ESCROW SERVICE

Josh
Activity: 91
MP & UKASH EXCHANGER & ESCROW SERVICE
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
On poloniex nobody want to sell  Cheesy 900 VIA-24 hours volume ...
Activity: 132
I see VIA as a top 10 coin, though it's not even top 20 now. In top 10 current price would more than double Smiley.
I'm calling 150k.

Please up-vote and comment about discussion on VIAcoin, let r/bitcoin know we're better than Counterparty!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2fnazc/which_bitcoin_20_will_win_the_day/
I feel like some ninja is gonna show up with an announcement soon

+1  holding forever

I call 100k
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
For those who still dont know the difference between Tree Chains and Side Chains, here's an older post, yet brief comparison by Tree Chains dev himself, Peter Todd:

I think the most basic explanation of the difference is that in side-chains you put your trust in miners - if at any point there is a miner with enough hashing power to 51% attack the side-chain they can destroy it instantly, and often steal all the funds associated with it too. Now if a majority of all miners agree to mine your side-chain that may be ok and you won't be attacked, but getting to that point essentially requires asking permission from those miners if you want your side-chain to exist at all.

With tree-chains we create a global, yet scalable, blockchain publishing service that everyone contributes to and everyone uses. Everyone works together to keep that layer secure, and anyone can write code to make use of it. The disadvantage is that you can't rely on miners to verify for you - you have to verify blocks client-side - but that also means those same miners can't attack you without attacking all blockchains at once.

It's kinda like the difference between the telephone system and the internet: the telephone system relied on the underlying layer being "smart" and doing a lot of the logic for you. Adding new features to telephones meant changing that system and getting support from the phone companies. Tree-chains is the internet model: the underlying layer is very dumb and does very little, requiring fairly smart client software, however that means that to make new applications on top of that underlying layer doesn't require asking permission from anyone.

Worth reading for more details:

Disentangling Crypto-Coin Mining: Timestamping, Proof-of-Publication, and Validation
Tree-chains preliminary summary

source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6425551

Viacoin + ClearingHouse + Tree Chains = you tell me

+1  holding forever
Activity: 249
........... They are set in their belief that a highly functional peer to peer exchange (XCH) with 24 second confirmation times (due to VIA) is not an accomplishment compared to the existing technologies which are 25 x slower.  Time will tell in the form of user adoption, and I firmly believe as word gets out about VIA / XCH it will become an obvious choice for many as speed is undeniably important.

Price is also very important. I mean transaction fees. Fees are too high in BTC/Counterparty. Simple tasks like cancelling orders are costly and painful to do.  I think this is dictated by BTC miners and their interests. Counterparty (and MSC) is weak and unimportant in Bitcoin ecosystem.

ClearingHouse offers its users much lower fees and this is an accomplishment too.
Activity: 443

There are some people who really despise VIA / XCH because it's not original code (initially at least, though notary and custody chains changes this).  They are set in their belief that a highly functional peer to peer exchange (XCH) with 24 second confirmation times (due to VIA) is not an accomplishment compared to the existing technologies which are 25 x slower.  Time will tell in the form of user adoption, and I firmly believe as word gets out about VIA / XCH it will become an obvious choice for many as speed is undeniably important.

I see a possible new All Time High price coming, bought some VIA earlier and enjoying the ride
Activity: 295
There seem to be quite a few people out there who don't yet realise that VIA is so much more than a coin. I'm waiting for treechains to emerge and show what can be done.  Cheesy

Im new to viacoin, can you please elaborate with facts and figures?

We are all new to VIA. It's only a few weeks old.
Have a look at http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/09/05/project-update.html.
We all need to do our own research for facts and figures. I believe VIA will not disappoint.
Good luck.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
I`ve read quite a lot here, in the Clearinghouse ANN and the viacoin-blog, but I still don`t get that XCH thing. Why do you need XCH and why make it so scarce (and thus potentially expensive in the long run) if it is only a kind of token to allow asset creation on Clearinghouse? Is there some elaboration somewhere? Thanks!
Activity: 109
There seem to be quite a few people out there who don't yet realise that VIA is so much more than a coin. I'm waiting for treechains to emerge and show what can be done.  Cheesy

Im new to viacoin, can you please elaborate with facts and figures?
I thought it would dump to 30k, but VIA is a special one. Massive dumps caught, it will probably go 50k and beyond.

See you on the moon
Jump to: