Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 274. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just a reminder - for those that care to - follow @viacoin and @btcdrak on twitter.  There's activity there that doesn't always make it to this [ANN]

Also, a new blog post from yesterday if you haven't seen it:
http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/19/24-hours-in.html
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
somebody are trying to fuds.

but via is the future.

Pretty desperately, from their 0 activity accounts!

My advice is to look more over your work, instead answering those fuds. I for example represent about 4% of entire hashrate of your coin and I also invested some BTC. As investor I think that answering to anybody who is spreading fud is not very smart.

Point taken. And as you can see, we're sorting out the problems with Vialectrum right now, and I put up a real time new block explorer at http://explorer.viacoin.org/

I know that you are working hard, but at one point that doesn't matter, because some of your investors (like me) are looking how you are arguing with people who acts like childs. I'll stop acting like smart*ss now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

but via is the future.

My advice is to look more over your work, instead answering those fuds. I for example represent about 4% of entire hashrate of your coin and I also invested some BTC. As investor I think that answering to anybody who is spreading fud is not very smart.

Point taken. And as you can see, we're sorting out the problems with Vialectrum right now, and I put up a real time new block explorer at http://explorer.viacoin.org/
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity

but via is the future.

legendary
Activity: 1148

but via is the future.
legendary
Regarding the Paper Wallet generator...
https://viacoin.github.io/address-generator/

I'm more familiar with the bitcoinpaperwallet version of paper wallets.

Can the bitaddress version allow for different graphic designs easily? or do you have to fork it just to change the graphics?  i wanted to create some new options for the look of the graphics.  the graphics also seem pretty low resolution.  anybody have experience using alternate designs with bitaddress?

Do you mean you would like to contribute better graphics to the Viacoin paper wallet? If so send me them and I'll add them happily.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Regarding the Paper Wallet generator...
https://viacoin.github.io/address-generator/

I'm more familiar with the bitcoinpaperwallet version of paper wallets.

Can the bitaddress version allow for different graphic designs easily? or do you have to fork it just to change the graphics?  i wanted to create some new options for the look of the graphics.  the graphics also seem pretty low resolution.  anybody have experience using alternate designs with bitaddress?
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
Sad I am trying to add the coin to my pool in linux. So far sucessful compile but i cant get the wallet address since viacoind getaccountaddress "" or viacoind getinfo does not work. How can i get this?

viacoin-cli

It should be where you compiled.

./viacoin-cli getinfo

it'll be in the src/ folder but best to just do this if running a pool

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-gui=no --enable-tests=no
make
make install

then it'll work from anywhere.
Hi, if you have a sec, can you give me a hint ;-)..@ubuntu 12.04 64bit..thank you
root@vps:~/viacoin# ./autogen.sh
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `src/build-aux'.
libtoolize: copying file `src/build-aux/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `src/m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `src/m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `src/m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `src/m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `src/m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `src/m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:707: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
configure.ac:707: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')

That's fine so far. Do the configure and make next. You need the dependencies listed in docs/build-unix.md
aah, i thoght something wrong with warning, but it worked, thank you.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Does anyone have thoughts about what the dev should do if several million VIA get hacked and stolen from an exchange?  I think it's a valid question as we look forward.  Some debate needs to happen.

I don't pretend to know all the angles.  I know what happened with VRC was unique since the hacker stood in a position to wreck the entire infrastructure they built, but it shines a light on VRC's vulnerability.  I would have lost all of my VRC if they didn't do the fork, but hey, this is a very high risk place to be, and we are at an early stage. 

I don't think they should have done it though.  New coins that overcome deficiencies of previous coins should win out in the end.  This is an evolution, just because something exists doesn't mean it is entitled to remain.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
maybe a stupid question... but: http://explorer.viacoin.org/block/556374c6ac1ca8ae1162b255c89c0c77e58a46620528d9d012d39a71da178d5c what are those blocks? why are there 2 transactions and a shitload of coins?  Huh

What is the question?
there is one coinbase transaction for 10.001 which is the 10VIA reward plus fees of the block going to the miner. The next tx is a single payment.
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Sad I am trying to add the coin to my pool in linux. So far sucessful compile but i cant get the wallet address since viacoind getaccountaddress "" or viacoind getinfo does not work. How can i get this?

viacoin-cli

./viacoin-cli getinfo

./autogen.sh
make
make install

Hi, if you have a sec, can you give me a hint ;-)..@ubuntu 12.04 64bit..thank you

That's fine so far. Do the configure and make next. You need the dependencies listed in docs/build-unix.md
Would installing the ppa work for dependencies? could be nice n ez for ubuntu users.
legendary
maybe a stupid question... but: http://explorer.viacoin.org/block/556374c6ac1ca8ae1162b255c89c0c77e58a46620528d9d012d39a71da178d5c what are those blocks? why are there 2 transactions and a shitload of coins?  Huh

What is the question?
there is one coinbase transaction for 10.001 which is the 10VIA reward plus fees of the block going to the miner. The next tx is a single payment.
legendary

viacoin-cli

./viacoin-cli getinfo

./autogen.sh
make
make install

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
BTCDrak, I hope you get the best devs in the business.

Sadly I think Evan Dufffield is a bit too busy with Darkcoins new release next week  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
BTCDrak, I hope you get the best devs in the business.
legendary
Activity: 1198
legendary
Well, I guess people started to evacuate to Voot coin since Voot developers promised to release similar features to VIA this week. Don't get me wrong, I guess there is place for both coins here.

Other people are copying us already? omg lol.

13 year olds say "omg lol"

... and people who spend too much time on IRC channels :-P
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
Well, I guess people started to evacuate to Voot coin since Voot developers promised to release similar features to VIA this week. Don't get me wrong, I guess there is place for both coins here.

13 year olds say "omg lol"
legendary

Jump to: