Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 278. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
New account, new poster.  This is developing to be a great, supportive community and I just feel like joining in a little and offering my perspective.

masternode hit on some of the same sentiments I have.  I'm told in the mid-80's, when I was a kid, my parents put some of my savings into Wal-Mart stock.  They sold after some profit and all was well.  I wish I had that stock back.  I used to day and swing trade.  I remember the day Google went public.  I played it, the volume and swings were a blast.  I booked some profit and happily went on looking for new action.  I wish I had that stock and initial entry point back. 

I've been trading altcoins and have done well.  Like many I suspect, I've grown quite tired of the repeat scamcoins that offer no innovation.  Anon was interesting but in the end, I don't care...it is not necessary for 99% of what this industry is prepping for.  It's a free market though...devs can put scamcoins out there and we can give them our attention, or stop we can doing that. 

I got into VIA at the ICO stage.  I haven't sold one and unless the dev gets hit by a bus and goes silent, I don't plan to.  It's a pleasure to not be glued to the screen, fearful of the slightest pivot that could blow a trade up.  I'm investing here and see this as a viable, highly successful platform.  VIA and Clearinghouse, as proposed, fill a serious need in this nascent industry. 

Don't be like me many years ago.  It sucks to say "I wish I never sold", when you see what is possible now.  This could be one of those rare opportunities in life where you saw an opportunity and executed on it.  Don't you wish you bought and held BTC when it was just a couple dollars each?  If you have read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, based on the legendary trader, Jesse Livermore, you know that once he understood the big money was made when he positioned himself for the long view, that is when he finally hit real and lasting success.  Consider taking a long view.  In this instant gratification world that is hard for us.  But start small, try to refrain from out-smarting the market movement for 12 hours, then another 12 hours, and then 24, and so on.  It's hard.  I put quite a bit in so far, and with how my account is sitting now, each .0000100 movement either way equals a lot.  Hard to not recognize that.

Just my perspective.  Do what you will, of course.

As I first related, I never got involved in crypto-communities before.  I generally lurk and read BTC posts and twitter.  To the extent I can contribute to VIA in a positive way, I want to.  I've got my cute little rig hashing away.  In the way of technical skills however, I have few.  I think we can all contribute though by just being helpful to one another, and being a class-act like btcdrak has been.  He has been very transparent and forthright, and his foresight, strategy, and execution of this project to date are beyond impressive.  And have you all noticed that all but a few of the ICO BTC are still where he put them?  Same goes with the whale often referred.  Follow his lead.  I could be wrong (couple dots to connect) about who the whale is but if I'm right then he has done more for this industry than most, and to have his buy-in, at least in a monetary fashion at this stage, speaks volumes.

There are more things to come.  I can't wait for Clearinghouse and other deliverables, but I can be patient. 

btcdrak: If there is anything I can help with, please reach out.  Other than what I mention above, the best I can offer are transactional legal skills.  Not very relevant at this point perhaps but it's a resource at the ready if you need it.

Have a good day all, I'm gonna get back to some yard-work.

A valid perspective from where Im sitting. Thankyou Smiley
Activity: 136
Merit: 100

What these yay!!! lines actually mean?

means you are sending valid shares to the pool and its working correctly. If it says booo!! then you have got a problem.

I'm assuming occasional 'booooo' is not a problem...
no it isn't.

Thank you!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
New account, new poster.  This is developing to be a great, supportive community and I just feel like joining in a little and offering my perspective.

masternode hit on some of the same sentiments I have.  I'm told in the mid-80's, when I was a kid, my parents put some of my savings into Wal-Mart stock.  They sold after some profit and all was well.  I wish I had that stock back.  I used to day and swing trade.  I remember the day Google went public.  I played it, the volume and swings were a blast.  I booked some profit and happily went on looking for new action.  I wish I had that stock and initial entry point back. 

I've been trading altcoins and have done well.  Like many I suspect, I've grown quite tired of the repeat scamcoins that offer no innovation.  Anon was interesting but in the end, I don't care...it is not necessary for 99% of what this industry is prepping for.  It's a free market though...devs can put scamcoins out there and we can give them our attention, or stop we can doing that. 

I got into VIA at the ICO stage.  I haven't sold one and unless the dev gets hit by a bus and goes silent, I don't plan to.  It's a pleasure to not be glued to the screen, fearful of the slightest pivot that could blow a trade up.  I'm investing here and see this as a viable, highly successful platform.  VIA and Clearinghouse, as proposed, fill a serious need in this nascent industry. 

Don't be like me many years ago.  It sucks to say "I wish I never sold", when you see what is possible now.  This could be one of those rare opportunities in life where you saw an opportunity and executed on it.  Don't you wish you bought and held BTC when it was just a couple dollars each?  If you have read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, based on the legendary trader, Jesse Livermore, you know that once he understood the big money was made when he positioned himself for the long view, that is when he finally hit real and lasting success.  Consider taking a long view.  In this instant gratification world that is hard for us.  But start small, try to refrain from out-smarting the market movement for 12 hours, then another 12 hours, and then 24, and so on.  It's hard.  I put quite a bit in so far, and with how my account is sitting now, each .0000100 movement either way equals a lot.  Hard to not recognize that.

Just my perspective.  Do what you will, of course.

As I first related, I never got involved in crypto-communities before.  I generally lurk and read BTC posts and twitter.  To the extent I can contribute to VIA in a positive way, I want to.  I've got my cute little rig hashing away.  In the way of technical skills however, I have few.  I think we can all contribute though by just being helpful to one another, and being a class-act like btcdrak has been.  He has been very transparent and forthright, and his foresight, strategy, and execution of this project to date are beyond impressive.  And have you all noticed that all but a few of the ICO BTC are still where he put them?  Same goes with the whale often referred.  Follow his lead.  I could be wrong (couple dots to connect) about who the whale is but if I'm right then he has done more for this industry than most, and to have his buy-in, at least in a monetary fashion at this stage, speaks volumes.

There are more things to come.  I can't wait for Clearinghouse and other deliverables, but I can be patient. 

btcdrak: If there is anything I can help with, please reach out.  Other than what I mention above, the best I can offer are transactional legal skills.  Not very relevant at this point perhaps but it's a resource at the ready if you need it.

Have a good day all, I'm gonna get back to some yard-work.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012
vertex output parameter not completely initialized
My first target price : $0.7  Grin
My second target price : $17  Grin
Activity: 36
There is not even a white paper about the blockchain 2 aka ClearingHouse. All we know about it is the 2 sentences mentioning in the first page introduction ... plus your assurance :-))  Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that. Even Skycoin which has not even on the market has significantly more material on blockchain 2 than this dev.

I am tired of self-proclaimed "coin technical evaluators" who act as if the best programmer/dev/technology is all that matters. This is what is afflicting many coins that come out with algos/innovation/new proof-of-watevers to please miners and techie types that make the crypto world. While technical merits are important and resultant innovation is great, at the end of the day no one in the general public (target for adoption) would care less. If so then bitcoin would not be #1. Many factors should be considered in judging a coin's merit beyond whether the dev is more competent than Ethereum devs.

If you dont believe in the dev then just move on. No one is holding a gun to your head to invest.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

means you are sending valid shares to the pool and its working correctly. If it says booo!! then you have got a problem.

no it isn't.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
This is a great coin however 3610 confirmations for mining the thing is fucking crazy! What you mine the coins then get them a week later? I realize the blocks are fast but still it's excessive.

You should revisit your math. There is a block every 24 seconds.

Ahh, I see, thank you! (phew, no boo's) :-)
Activity: 145
So what is so special about this coin that it gets a nice high volume pump? IPO, PoW... not that interesting.

ELI5? Wink

Good dev, good idea, good vision, good marketing, good launch, good communication, good delivery of goals, good supportive community, good possibilities, good future.
Good dev - how do you know this? For now we just have a clone of bitcoin with some sloppy copy-pasting. Example: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/search?q=bitcoin&ref=cmdform
Good idea, vision - maybe, but isn't this someone's else idea and even dev admitted that?
Good marketing - hell yeah, selling all premined coins in the IPO is good marketing
Good launch - 3 days of 0 reward mining...hm, is this really good?
Good communication - self-moderated thread
...... and so on
The biggest worry for me is that the dev has no incentives to do anything as he has already cached out. Why would he, even if he can, further develop this coin? He has no vested interest.

I suggest you just read previous posts instead of asking  : )
Activity: 343
This is a great coin however 3610 confirmations for mining the thing is fucking crazy! What you mine the coins then get them a week later? I realize the blocks are fast but still it's excessive.
Activity: 32
Someone please help out newbie wanna be miner  Grin

I'm mining with slow laptop and I'm getting around 50khash/sec.
This is what I see in the doswindow:

[date][time] accepted: 331/335 (98.81), 53.66 Khash/s (yay!!!)

Someone please help out newbie wanna be miner  Grin

I'm mining with slow laptop and I'm getting around 50khash/sec.
This is what I see in the doswindow:

[date][time] accepted: 331/335 (98.81), 53.66 Khash/s (yay!!!)

Activity: 196
What was the lowest price some people got in at? .000005? Was it a tiered presale?

Everyone paid the exact same price. 6102 sat.

So what is this graph mentioned in the OP referring too? https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBsksKXsIgAA-VpR.png%3Asmall&t=542&c=YlV6wSjsknen6Q

The more people bought the further it pushed up the price that we were all going to be paying (on the right hand side)
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
What was the lowest price some people got in at? .000005? Was it a tiered presale?

So what is this graph mentioned in the OP referring too? https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBsksKXsIgAA-VpR.png%3Asmall&t=542&c=YlV6wSjsknen6Q

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Activity: 139
Nice hashrate increase since the block started to give rewards!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1146
Activity: 182
Can you confirm how many confirmations are required for mined blocks?
Activity: 784
There is not even a white paper about the blockchain 2 aka ClearingHouse. All we know about it is the 2 sentences mentioning in the first page introduction ... plus your assurance :-))  Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that. Even Skycoin which has not even on the market has significantly more material on blockchain 2 than this dev.

NXT, Crypti and Qora are all trying to accomplish that too. But, so far only NXT, Qora and Via are actually launched and up and running. Crypti will be in less than a month.

You pick your horses and you make your bets. Ethereum looks like it's years away the way they talk.

I think you could be quite right that Ethereum is very far from the actual release. Great academics usually aren't good in delivery.

Nxt has something, I have not seen the source code from Qora and Via has not released anything yet. I guess it is more difficult to say than get done. The say did the 600 BTC trick for Via, we'll see whether he can get it done.
Jump to: