Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Whistle Coin @Bittrex POS Trading Wallet > Blow The Whistle!! < - page 17. (Read 61287 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We will be doing a giveaway in the IRC tomorrow instead of today after we get the tip bot set up.
IRC now on OP #whistlecoin .

Also Whistlecoin is now listed on Bittrex.com ;-)
 https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-WSTL
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
I suggest you contact a trusted exchange or a member of our society , to examine the situation and destroy the coins of these blocks. This will save the coin and some of your dignity. earlz it's self can do that, i think ! If anyone has a better suggestion, let's say!

yep see if bittrex will destroy the coins man. might help get listed on there and resolve trust issues at the same time.
https://github.com/Earlz/coinreviews/blob/master/whistlecoin.txt

whistlecoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-whistle-coin-bittrex-pos-trading-wallet-blow-the-whistle-813878

Heritage:

Problems:

* MODERATE: genesis seed is not a news event
* MODERATE: 30 extra blocks were premined and undisclosed

Notes:

Watermarks: uint64_t, pos, drm-similar
We may have inadvertently  mined 1 or 2 additional premine blocks. We did not mine 30 additional blocks.
Here is the premine wallet address - WSTL Address: Wkyc5bj5fnAsNbXwZDAZfwTRx2CGRdqZ86
Thank you for the analysis though Earlz

Someone mined 30 additional blocks before the launch announcement. It's premined whether you own it or not. For instance, look at block 20. It was mined at timestamp 1412657535, or Tue, 07 Oct 2014 04:52:15 GMT... Now look at the time the ANN was posted. October 07, 2014, 04:53:01 AM (in GMT).

Even if you didn't premine it, someone did.

Sooo... Dev?

So. what does the community want us to do?  That is the big question.  Whatever decisions we bring to you at this point in time will only generate fud. We are going to leave this to the communities choosing.

The first thing I would like is an answer to the question of who has the coins?  It had to be someone with access to the repo.  I got the impression from the way the bounties were paid out that you are the voice of WhistleCoin, not the coder.  

If I had to make a guess about what happened, I would say the dev uploaded the code to the github, told you it was ready to go and post the announcement, then started instamining before the pools were ready.  30 blocks, 30 minutes give or take.  Seems about right.

Now, with that being said...those 30 blocks only total less than .5% of the total POW supply, so it's really not THAT much of a big deal.  If the dev has the coins, you should just update the OP stating the true premine amount, which would be close to .8%

ok. How about this. Since we dont really know who has the coins currently we will add the amount to the premine totals.  Under further investigation we will track down those coins.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace
Newbie dev, X-11, premine, instamine and zero innovations. Who could ask for more? *walks away shaking head*
We are working on the issue right now.. come to #Whistlecoin the IRC is open
Activity: 383
Merit: 250

whistlecoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-whistle-coin-bittrex-pos-trading-wallet-blow-the-whistle-813878

Heritage:

Problems:

Notes:

We may have inadvertently  mined 1 or 2 additional premine blocks. We did not mine 30 additional blocks.
Here is the premine wallet address - WSTL Address: Wkyc5bj5fnAsNbXwZDAZfwTRx2CGRdqZ86

Someone mined 30 additional blocks before the launch announcement. It's premined whether you own it or not. For instance, look at block 20. It was mined at timestamp 1412657535, or Tue, 07 Oct 2014 04:52:15 GMT... Now look at the time the ANN was posted. October 07, 2014, 04:53:01 AM (in GMT).

Sooo... Dev?

So. what does the community want us to do?  That is the big question.  Whatever decisions we bring to you at this point in time will only generate fud. We are going to leave this to the communities choosing.

The first thing I would like is an answer to the question of who has the coins?  It had to be someone with access to the repo.  I got the impression from the way the bounties were paid out that you are the voice of WhistleCoin, not the coder.  

If I had to make a guess about what happened, I would say the dev uploaded the code to the github, told you it was ready to go and post the announcement, then started instamining before the pools were ready.  30 blocks, 30 minutes give or take.  Seems about right.

Now, with that being said...those 30 blocks only total less than .5% of the total POW supply, so it's really not THAT much of a big deal.  If the dev has the coins, you should just update the OP stating the true premine amount, which would be close to .8%
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
here for a while
I suggest you contact a trusted exchange or a member of our society , to examine the situation and destroy the coins of these blocks. This will save the coin and some of your dignity. earlz it's self can do that, i think ! If anyone has a better suggestion, let's say!
here for a while
I like that you do not disappear immediately! Smiley

Heritage:

Problems:

Notes:

Sooo... Dev?

here for a while

Heritage:

Problems:

Notes:

Sooo... Dev?
Activity: 241
is there a way to see the orderbooks/volume on cryptorush without logging in? I forgot my name/pass

Not currently, but I will add it to the list of requested features. Also, if you have forgotten your old CR 1.0 credentials it is okay. Since it is a completely new site/database from the ground up users need to register new accounts with the same email address as their 1.0 account (so balances are linkable).
Activity: 439
mmmmmm

Heritage:

Problems:

Notes:

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
is there a way to see the orderbooks/volume on cryptorush without logging in? I forgot my name/pass
Activity: 241
We will be doing a WSTL giveaway and promo tomorrow on IRC #whistlecoin
It will be around 3pm PST in addition to tips for tweets we will do a giveaway to active attendees
and we will also giveaway the extra block of premine . Since the premine is for the benefit of the coin and the community make sure you are there to join in. We will tweet out reminders during the day so make sure you follow @Whistlecoin on twitter too.
There will be chips , refreshments and dancing ....Dont Miss the Whistle Coin Promo <<

I see X3n0X (on our CryptoRush team) has reserved the #whistlecoin channel on freenode irc for y'all!
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
Can't wait to see the shit hit the fan on this one
We will be doing a WSTL giveaway and promo tomorrow on IRC #whistlecoin
It will be around 3pm PST in addition to tips for tweets we will do a giveaway to active attendees
and we will also giveaway the extra block of premine . Since the premine is for the benefit of the coin and the community make sure you are there to join in. We will tweet out reminders during the day so make sure you follow @Whistlecoin on twitter too.
There will be chips , refreshments and dancing ....Dont Miss the Whistle Coin Promo <<

Yes its been posted on the OP since launch   twitter  @WhistleCoin
Activity: 628
Merit: 500
Well 2 exchanges on day one ...even small ones is good. We of course hope to be on the higher volume exchanges before too long. You can help by tweeting out to @bittrexexchange and
@CryptoCurrEncyX  if you want to help out. In the mean time we have had a good nethashrate
peaking at 121gh and pretty steady between 30gh and 60gh since launch. With that many people mining WHISTLE will be on more exchanges soon. There is still alot of POW mining to go.

have u created a twitter account?
Deleted the posts and responses from  sly5am  It was very unprofessional of the both of sly5am and my team member who posted.
also  sly5am...  I only looked at the first few pages of your previous posts and it look like you just come to the threads to cause trouble. That will not be tolerated here.

ALSO BOUNTIES HAVE BEEN PAID. THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HARD WORK!
Well 2 exchanges on day one ...even small ones is good. We of course hope to be on the higher volume exchanges before too long. You can help by tweeting out to @bittrexexchange and
@CryptoCurrEncyX  if you want to help out. In the mean time we have had a good nethashrate
peaking at 121gh and pretty steady between 30gh and 60gh since launch. With that many people mining WHISTLE will be on more exchanges soon. There is still alot of POW mining to go.
Pages:
Jump to: