Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced - page 13. (Read 52988 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I did not receive my email, why?
Activity: 490
ICO IS NOW OPEN!

Investment Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eGp9d49UwoID9N-S-VmzTpobrZbH-p4Xza-xAd13Skk

Things to remember:

1) Total ICO coins = 50,000,000 WiC
2) Price per WiC to be decided by Total Investment/50,000,000
3) Max 750 BTC ICO cap
4) 30% Bonus ONLY for day 1 investors
5) Lucky draw of 50,000 WiC for anybody investing 5 BTC or more
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Step by step instructions for investing:

1) Send BTC to the escrow address – 37ttbRANo6KtMKAFvS2Ye1BQMDBEN6WrV6
           a) From an address which you can sign and prove ownership
                                                  OR
           b) If you are sending from an exchange or can’t sign your address, please keep a screenshot proof with you.

2) Fill this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eGp9d49UwoID9N-S-VmzTpobrZbH-p4Xza-xAd13Skk

3) Use a real "Contact Email", you will need this to claim funds.

4) After the ICO is over, email your WiC wallet address to [email protected] to claim your ICO coins.

Escrow Address QR Code:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10822025 (1BLazedp2eGDrDM3NMbxkn7n4PCCk6WYVX)

Blazed 04/22/2017 - escrow address is 37ttbRANo6KtMKAFvS2Ye1BQMDBEN6WrV6

GzBLTlJsymesRiT+UYzuEOgf/tUPFqXQpiH+iuflWZoXvepntfP3KzIpW2NTFpikTxW89efQHym01VFYLfG6ros=

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
sent  Cool
escrow will post address now?

In a few minutes, yes they will post it here.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
My BTC is ready. Excited to be a part of this project Smiley
legendary
escrow will post address now?
legendary
great got my btc ready and waiting  Cool
ICO will be OPEN IN 30 MINUTES!

Things to remember:

1) Total ICO coins = 50,000,000 WiC
2) Price per WiC to be decided by Total Investment/50,000,000
3) Max 750 BTC ICO cap
4) 30% Bonus ONLY for day 1 investors
5) Lucky draw of 50,000 WiC for anybody investing 5 BTC or more

legendary
lol there so a lot of ppl spreading fud here specially that brand new puppet account whose first post was here lol
in my experience these are some cheap investors that are trying to scare away weak hands bcoz your ipo coins are distributed among all investors according to their investment, less total investment mean more coins for these trolls.......thats what whales do in alt coin trading lol

these devs are the most responsive to questions and i never seen any other altcoin devs so active and the ico is secured by the super escrow team so our btc is definitely safe....if they dont do everything right we get a refund, cant get safer than that....lol

lol i still wish though there is some less investment so that i get more wic hahah  Wink
Just to let you know Hubby will be checking the Chinese OP tomorrow..today is our wedding anniversary and he really needed some time off work as he has been working very hard for the last few weeks, so tomorrow that will be checked and all questions tended to. I look forward to joining in the ICO when I wake up tomorrow also..  Smiley

Hey ellie, I would really appreciate if you could make the important updates today itself. Happy anniversary Smiley
You plan to raise max 750 BTC with no minimum. How do you plan to continue if you don't set a minimum and say only raise a few BTC? How you plan to spend the funds raised? How many % will be for marketing and legal matters?

Hey menace.bit, yes the max BTC cap for the ICO is 750 BTC and there is no minimum requirement. As mentioned in the FAQ section of the OP if we raise only a few BTC or say even 0 BTC for example, we are still going to go ahead and launch the project since we are so much invested into this already that there is no turning back now. There are some minimum costs that we will have to cover like office rent, decent marketing and updates that we will pay out of our own pockets if the ICO fails since the major revenue is expected to come from monetizing the app and not the ICO. If however the ICO is successful we will be spending a major portion (about 50%) on advertising and marketing, 25% for continuous app development and updates and salaries, 10% for office rental, 10% reserved for legal services and 5% for unforeseen expenses. These numbers are however dependent on how much we actually raise in the ICO.

Thanks for your interest in our project.
I got a question. If I ask 100 neighbours of mine in my big city (Paris), will I get 100 rewards? Is there a limit ? Will I be catched by your anti-boat safe guard even though I'm not ?

Hey shideneyu, if you upload 100 passwords you will get 100 WiC for each password totaling 10,000 WiC. If you do it manually, we will know and you will not be banned.

Thanks!
My two cents:

The "business model" here seems flawed on so many levels. Just to name a few:

Why would anyone buy a password if there is more and more free access to public hotspots ?
And selling passwords for these wifis through this app is most likely illegal.

Why would anyone in their right mind give the password to their own wifi and risk getting sued or worse, if the user does something illegal?

Hardly anyone knows or will ever know about the app in order to even buy/rent a password.

As i understand, you wont be able to buy coins via the app, so you'll have to buy them before via an exchange.
So there are even less possible users.

Overall this ICO seems very fishy:

They bought the account of Lambo06. He is not on their team... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/looking-for-an-account-jr-member-1868079

They don't even have their own website...

No further info on the team. "Catherine" doesn't even have a last name...

No app demo...

Very high bonuses at the beginning...

"Lucky draw" for big investments...

Investment via google doc...

To claim your coins, you will have to email them your "wic wallet adress" after the ICO is over...
But the wallet won't be available before may 25th.

Use.Your.Brain

Hey, thanks for giving your opinion.

1) It has already been discussed many times that yes there are some free WiFi spots available but there are many many protected networks too and this app can be very useful when you are not a free WiFi hotspot. Also, in many countries there are not many free WiFi networks easily available. Also, WiFi sharing is not illegal.

2) Anyone looking to earn an extra income would be more than happy renting their WiFi. As discussed before again, anybody who wants to do anything illegal has practically no incentive to go via the app since as you pointed out he would just go and use one of the free WiFi networks.

3) Marketing is very important and we understand that. We have already launched a small online advertising campaign and will be doing bigger campaigns once the ICO is successful.

4) The account was bought for a reason! So that, we can post images in the OP. Its really not appreciated that you make it sound like something very bad when I can tell for a fact that you know there is nothing wrong there.

5) As for how we conduct the ICO, it was decided to hold the ICO here and not on some website to provide 100% safety to investors. After discussion with the escrow team, it was decided that having 1 single address posted here would be the safest for investors and the most trustworthy way of holding the ICO.

6) If you see the bonuses are not very high in the beginning. Its a 30% bonus on Day 1 and it reduces by only 5% for the next full week.

I am very patient with everyone who have questions and appreciate feedback from the community. But what you were trying to do here is unnecessarily create FUD which is not appreciated to say the least.

Thanks for stopping by though, have a nice day!
copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The Ancient
I got a question. If I ask 100 neighbours of mine in my big city (Paris), will I get 100 rewards? Is there a limit ? Will I be catched by your anti-boat safe guard even though I'm not ?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
My two cents:

The "business model" here seems flawed on so many levels. Just to name a few:

Why would anyone buy a password if there is more and more free access to public hotspots ?
And selling passwords for these wifis through this app is most likely illegal.

Why would anyone in their right mind give the password to their own wifi and risk getting sued or worse, if the user does something illegal?

Hardly anyone knows or will ever know about the app in order to even buy/rent a password.

As i understand, you wont be able to buy coins via the app, so you'll have to buy them before via an exchange.
So there are even less possible users.

Overall this ICO seems very fishy:

They bought the account of Lambo06. He is not on their team... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/looking-for-an-account-jr-member-1868079

They don't even have their own website...

No further info on the team. "Catherine" doesn't even have a last name...

No app demo...

Very high bonuses at the beginning...

"Lucky draw" for big investments...

Investment via google doc...

To claim your coins, you will have to email them your "wic wallet adress" after the ICO is over...
But the wallet won't be available before may 25th.

Use.Your.Brain
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
DopeCoin Is Here Join the Revolution!
Also most businesses today if not all are sending out their free wifi signal, so i just dont get it, and its easily replicated everything youre saying, sorry but when you launch a company whatever it is a whitepaper is the first priority and you aint even got that,,, what are your credentials, do u have any degrees we can all look into? , before i invest my hard earned cash i want alot more than youre showing, id like to do a criminal records check on all of you, and if noone else wants to more fool them, and whats with catherine? she abit shy to disclose full name, im a good judge of anything fishy and this smells like Billingsgate market, and the promise of a good bounty will provide you with the nesessary workforce while u just sun it up in lagos

Hey DOPECOINRULES, that's a bit too harsh but its ok, its your right to speak your mind Smiley As mentioned before the reason for not making linkedin pages, etc. public is that we all know how much uncertain are some regulatory bodies about crypto currencies and bitcoins in general. Rest assured our criminal records check will come clean  Cheesy. We have been working for months and its not been an easy journey. I understand that you might still not be interested in investing your hard earned money and honestly speaking you should be 100% sure before you invest into anything in the world, let alone this project. If it helps though, we have a very well reputed escrow team to ensure your 100% safety, whose details can be found in the OP.
not harsh mate, just basic common sense
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Generation Blockchain.
You plan to raise max 750 BTC with no minimum. How do you plan to continue if you don't set a minimum and say only raise a few BTC? How you plan to spend the funds raised? How many % will be for marketing and legal matters?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Just to let you know Hubby will be checking the Chinese OP tomorrow..today is our wedding anniversary and he really needed some time off work as he has been working very hard for the last few weeks, so tomorrow that will be checked and all questions tended to. I look forward to joining in the ICO when I wake up tomorrow also..  Smiley
About 5 hours 30 minutes left for the ICO launch.

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/112308/wic-ico-launch
Pages:
Jump to: