Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Woodcoin [LOG] Pure Skein POW, Logarithmic Release, No Premine nor ICO - page 41. (Read 126093 times)

legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
We have disabled LOG markets until situation gets clear.

OP sent us a message to disable it, so we did.
Thanks for letting us know.

EmpoEX Team

Thanks for your quick response EmpoEX team!

With the new release I believe it is better to be cautious than to wind up with orphaned TXs especially on an exchange.  I am confident the new release will propagate relatively quickly and peoples issues with Woodcoin will stabilize shortly. 

Keep up the good work there and I am looking forward to see us earn our spot on your exchange again soon. 

Activity: 419
Merit: 264
We have disabled LOG markets until situation gets clear.

OP sent us a message to disable it, so we did.
Thanks for letting us know.

EmpoEX Team

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
** Total coins premined: 1115320.21010626.

Who WOOD have thought this had premine...

You mean pre-lopped lol
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
** Total coins premined: 1115320.21010626.

Who WOOD have thought this had premine...
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
dude... you mined too many blocks before posting an ANN...

Problems:

* UNKNOWN: This uses the prime256v1 ECDSA encryption algorithm. This is known not to be a [safe curve](http://safecurves.cr.yp.to/), and the general opinion on the internet of this is that it is weak.
** I'm not a cryptographer, so I'm mostly going by what I see online. All coins use public key hashes (rather than just public keys) to safeguard against an encryption algorithm weakness also.
** also known as "NIST P-256"
* MAJOR: 304 blocks were premined and undisclosed
** Total coins premined: 1115320.21010626. Total coins minted over ~90 days:  6478991.3132145. Making premine about 17% of what the network mints in 90 days
** For reference, the early blocks have the most value, and block rewards go down with each block
* MODERATE: Intense floating point operations are used in protocol critical code. This may mean the network could fork off with non-x86 or even unusual models of x86 processors or compilers
* MINOR: alert key has not been changed from litecoin (or do alerts exist at all ugh), meaning network alerts can not be used

Notes:

As an aside, it's trivial to port a GPU miner to this coin. skein is part of X11 and so already has a GPU port, it just needs minor modifications

Thanks for your comments Earlz!

A great pleasure to have the work of dwarfs recognized by the world of men.

** UNKNOWN: This uses the prime256v1 ECDSA encryption algorithm.

The goal here is cryptographic diversity.  If you know a way to crack this do tell.  Or better yet, sell it for 100k BTC on the black market.  Talk to me I'll help you find a buyer.  My aides tell me this curve is bulletproof for now.  Who knows what advances the future will bring, Koblitz curves could even fall before the onslaught first.             

** MAJOR: 304 blocks were premined and undisclosed

What is an "undisclosed block"?  GetBlockValue() is in main.cpp, and if you see the arkenstone there, it belongs to me.  I don't think this is called a prechop, correct me if I'm wrong.  Very steep initial release curve, yes.  It is logarithmic.. steep initial rise and gentle divergent reward reduction.                         

** MINOR: alert key has not been changed from litecoin (or do alerts exist at all ugh), meaning network alerts can not be used

Alerts are to be disabled as I considered them unneccessary.  Keys have been altered so nobody can use them, check the last digit.     

** EXTRA MAJOR 

Well you didn't emphasize this weakness enough, comrade.  This coin was originally a cthulu-offerings clone and morphed using ancient litecoin code the name of which I dare not utter, which killed 7 of my kinsman who dared to look at it, and was published as soon as we escaped.  It is going to be difficult to maintain in this flow so I am working on an upstream solution now. 

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
I just updated curl with Macports and then I could make it but now can't connect to pool:

Stratum connection failed: Failed to connect to wood.suprnova.cc port 1158: Connection refused

./minerd -a skein -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://wood.suprnova.cc:1158 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Suprnova's WoodCoin Pool // Algo: DoubleSkein // OFFLINE !

Sorry I'm only mining orphans, something is wrong with the code, i have no idea what as the wallet is also not giving out any kind of error etc. Pool will stay closed therefore.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
ouch
so many blocks premined..
anyway it was fun to chop and i have found a few logs with my laptop
good luck  Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I just updated curl with Macports and then I could make it but now can't connect to pool:

Stratum connection failed: Failed to connect to wood.suprnova.cc port 1158: Connection refused

./minerd -a skein -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://wood.suprnova.cc:1158 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Suprnova's WoodCoin Pool // Algo: DoubleSkein // OFFLINE !
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
woodcoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-woodcoin-log-pure-skein-pow-logarithmic-release-no-premine-nor-ico-831003

This coin is based on a VERY old version of bitcoin/litecoin that is somewhat unfamiliar to me. I must stress that my reviews are never 100% thorough, and I may be wrong about some things or miss something.

Heritage: ancient "foocoin" wallet template(https://github.com/razorlove-legacy/foocoin) which is from "barcoin" "Cryptocurrency that under no circumstances anyone should ever use, ever. Kthx, die."
smallchange (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/smallchange-research-only-litecoin-based-15-seconds-blocks-update-now-182430) "should by no means be used as a real cryptocurrency", litecoin 0.6ish

Problems:

* UNKNOWN: This uses the prime256v1 ECDSA encryption algorithm. This is known not to be a [safe curve](http://safecurves.cr.yp.to/), and the general opinion on the internet of this is that it is weak.
** I'm not a cryptographer, so I'm mostly going by what I see online. All coins use public key hashes (rather than just public keys) to safeguard against an encryption algorithm weakness also.
** also known as "NIST P-256"
* MAJOR: 304 blocks were premined and undisclosed
** Total coins premined: 1115320.21010626. Total coins minted over ~90 days:  6478991.3132145. Making premine about 17% of what the network mints in 90 days
** For reference, the early blocks have the most value, and block rewards go down with each block
* MODERATE: Intense floating point operations are used in protocol critical code. This may mean the network could fork off with non-x86 or even unusual models of x86 processors or compilers
* MINOR: alert key has not been changed from litecoin (or do alerts exist at all ugh), meaning network alerts can not be used

Notes:

As an aside, it's trivial to port a GPU miner to this coin. skein is part of X11 and so already has a GPU port, it just needs minor modifications

Chain will fork at block 15000 to adjust the difficulty algorithm. This is a leftover artifact from Smallchange

Watermarks: uint64, no alert.cpp, ancient
./configure: line 5626: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5626: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,'

LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,
  [AC_MSG_ERROR([Missing required libcurl >= 7.15.2])])

in configure.ac
how to make cpu miner?

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Activity: 114
Merit: 100
Was about to mine, got my hopes up...

Supernova pool down.

Will this be temporary? Looking forward to mining for a bit.

Guess I'll yolo and do solo for a bit.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
cpuminer on pool how do run Huh this windows miner ?

this run.bat file no work ,on windows  

Which error Do you get?
now only linux run this miner , windows can't ,on pool i5 2320  view 800kh ,

I'm solo-mining right now with that CPU miner.  How can I tell if it's NOT working?  I had two blocks fairly quickly through the wallet, 30 minutes apart, showing about 800Kh/s.  Now I'm getting 850+Kh/s per thread with minerd, but how can I know if it's not working other than having it crunch away at nothing for a while?  Could really use a bit more feedback from our tools.

To Dev:  Thanks loads for finally being The One who puts out a coin with all the LIMITS I've been ranting about.  It's also good because I use a wood-burning stove to keep warm in these -40 winters.  BTW, how much Wood in a Log?  Need to know how much to mine for the winter.
Activity: 439
mmmmmm
So, out of curiosity, why did you fork from a coin template based on the ancient litecoin 0.6/smallchange/"foocoin"/"barcoin" ?
Activity: 161
I would like to reduce price if people buy a bundle: 130000 LOG = 1BTC

WTS each 10000 LOG= 0.1 BTC
Activity: 161
WTS each 10000 LOG= 0.1 BTC
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
This coin looks fun. What's going on with it?
Activity: 336
I think this will continue until the majority upgrade to the latest version.
I wonder how many days it takes to "git pull" and "make"..  Tongue
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
(Big) transactions do not get confirmed.  One tx has been unconfirmed for 30 hours.
Running git 2bd9f42c.

Code:
getblockhash 2301
eb065474aa1d46c4151d43b1679adade95358255a5fef9b2aabc6efe263bf573

I think this will continue until the majority upgrade to the latest version.
Pages:
Jump to: