Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Workbit - Freelance platform - page 6. (Read 1266 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
January 07, 2021, 08:17:39 AM
The crypto-backing of stablecoins mirrors their fiat counterparts, with the main difference being that the cryptocurrency is used as collateral. However, due to the fact that cryptocurrency is digital, only smart contracts handle the issue of units.
Activity: 5
January 07, 2021, 08:15:00 AM
What are these types and what are their functions?
The most popular type of stablecoin is one that is directly pegged to fiat currency at a 1: 1 ratio. We also call this fiat-backed stablecoins. The central issuer (or bank) stores a certain amount in reserve currency and issues a proportional amount of tokens.
For example, an issuer might have one million dollars and distribute one dollar for each of the million tokens. Thanks to this, users can exchange their cryptocurrencies for tokens at any time, the value of which is equivalent to the US dollar.
In this case, there is a high counterparty risk that cannot be mitigated: in the end, you always have to trust the issuer, while the user himself cannot determine exactly whether the issuer of stablecoins maintains its reserve fund.
At best, such a company can try to be as transparent as possible when it comes to auditing, but the system is still far from such a property as credibility.
brand new
January 07, 2021, 08:13:12 AM
The most popular type of stablecoin is one that is directly pegged to fiat currency at a 1: 1 ratio. We also call this fiat-backed stablecoins. The central issuer (or bank) stores a certain amount in reserve currency and issues a proportional amount of tokens.
For example, an issuer might have one million dollars and distribute one dollar for each of the million tokens. Thanks to this, users can exchange their cryptocurrencies for tokens at any time, the value of which is equivalent to the US dollar.
In this case, there is a high counterparty risk that cannot be mitigated: in the end, you always have to trust the issuer, while the user himself cannot determine exactly whether the issuer of stablecoins maintains its reserve fund.
brand new
January 07, 2021, 08:11:22 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 08:10:07 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 08:04:16 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 08:01:33 AM
What is stablecoin? What is its function?
Stablecoins are digital assets designed to mimic the exchange rate of fiat currencies such as the dollar or euro. They allow the user to quickly and easily exchange stable currencies anywhere in the world.
As a medium of exchange, cryptocurrencies are technologically more convenient. However, fluctuations in their value ultimately made them an extremely risky investment opportunity as well as an inconvenient means of making payments. By the time the transaction is completed, the value of the sent coins may differ significantly from the original.
In turn, stablecoin does not have such a problem. This type of asset tracks insignificant price movements and changes in the value of the underlying asset or the fiat currency that they emulate. As such, stablecoins act as a safe haven asset amid volatile markets.
There are several types of stablecoins, each of which has a different peg of its units to fiat currency.
brand new
January 07, 2021, 07:59:02 AM
Stablecoins are digital assets designed to mimic the exchange rate of fiat currencies such as the dollar or euro. They allow the user to quickly and easily exchange stable currencies anywhere in the world.
As a medium of exchange, cryptocurrencies are technologically more convenient. However, fluctuations in their value ultimately made them an extremely risky investment opportunity as well as an inconvenient means of making payments. By the time the transaction is completed, the value of the sent coins may differ significantly from the original.
In turn, stablecoin does not have such a problem. This type of asset tracks insignificant price movements and changes in the value of the underlying asset or the fiat currency that they emulate. As such, stablecoins act as a safe haven asset amid volatile markets.
Activity: 19
January 07, 2021, 07:57:15 AM
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
January 07, 2021, 07:54:46 AM
Activity: 32
January 07, 2021, 07:52:44 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:59:35 AM
Are there any top freelance exchanges? Who is in the first five places?
Of course it does. The first five freelance exchanges are Freelancehunt, Free-Lance, Weblancer, Freelance and
Upwork.
I hope Workbit will be on this list. But it all depends on the efforts of the team.
I hope the premine will help them with this. But they need investors.
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:56:02 AM
Of course it does. The first five freelance exchanges are Freelancehunt, Free-Lance, Weblancer, Freelance and
Upwork.
I hope Workbit will be on this list. But it all depends on the efforts of the team.
Activity: 5
January 07, 2021, 05:53:36 AM
Upwork.
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:47:02 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:43:32 AM
How many freelance exchanges are there?
If I'm not mistaken, there are more than 25 freelance exchanges. And I think that's quite a lot.
Yes, indeed a lot. How do they differ from each other?
To be honest, I didn't go into the differences. But I know Upwork is the largest freelance exchange in the world, derived from the Elance + Odesk merger. Includes advanced collaboration tools.
Thanks for the information. But what is Elance + Odesk?
These are two companies. They merged and created Upwork. And they did it for a reason.
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:40:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there are more than 25 freelance exchanges. And I think that's quite a lot.
To be honest, I didn't go into the differences. But I know Upwork is the largest freelance exchange in the world, derived from the Elance + Odesk merger. Includes advanced collaboration tools.
Thanks for the information. But what is Elance + Odesk?
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:34:49 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:28:54 AM
brand new
January 07, 2021, 05:26:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: