Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] WORM v2.8 - page 12. (Read 10929 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 20, 2019, 01:28:26 PM
hey spotsie hows it going nice warning
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
June 20, 2019, 01:25:55 PM
For many hours I have not received a POS award, is it normal?
Is this problem to be solved after block 20k?

The wallet is great ... good work!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

The update is to address syncing issues and change the number generator used for the pseudo-random rewards. Right now we are staking more than usual to get to Block 20k as quickly as possible; after that, difficulty should begin to naturally come back down to make staking easier

Well, it seems like the network settled down and I'm now staking without the need to restart the wallet from a orphaned/stuck block. We will see how it goes once it get past block 20k.

I'm fairly certain that was because of using GetTime for a portion of the number generator formula; I've seen similar issues in the past with timestamps, so that is what is being replaced after Block 20k. If the new pseudo-random parameters are not sufficient, we can always revert back to using timestamps, or something else, as needed. How we get the generator running doesn't really matter, as the formula for actual reward amount has caps on both the upper and lower amounts. As long as it's not an easily gamed system, it doesn't matter how we get to the finish line as long as we cross it
Activity: 868
Merit: 100
June 20, 2019, 01:23:06 PM
Coins are staking like a beast due to low network difficulty. I like the new wallet layout and the ease of getting the coins swapped. If you haven't already swapped your old Worm coins, you better do that before it's too late.

The dev has contacted CoinExchage regarding swap and soon they will be running a new version of Worm.

Thanks iGotSpots!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
June 20, 2019, 01:00:54 PM

The update is to address syncing issues and change the number generator used for the pseudo-random rewards. Right now we are staking more than usual to get to Block 20k as quickly as possible; after that, difficulty should begin to naturally come back down to make staking easier

Well, it seems like the network settled down and I'm now staking without the need to restart the wallet from a orphaned/stuck block. We will see how it goes once it get past block 20k.
legendary
June 20, 2019, 08:29:12 AM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 20, 2019, 08:14:18 AM

legendary
June 20, 2019, 04:50:28 AM
Swapped and receive my coins

It is a massive supply squish there, Developer is very active in discord
For people who are interested to know more about the project, join the discord here: https://discord.gg/365G7Yr

There is also a button on the bottom right of the Qt that has a link to the new Discord server for quick and easy access in case anyone loses the link

PLEASE REMEMBER: You must have the updated wallet before Block 20k

Windows: https://mega.nz/#!jAISFAQL!XldKdszDP9VDB4wnZhy1_268D5katXScDODaO3Umc68
Source Code: https://github.com/MealwormsBiz/WORM
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
June 20, 2019, 02:42:33 AM
Swapped and receive my coins

It is a massive supply squish there, Developer is very active in discord
For people who are interested to know more about the project, join the discord here: https://discord.gg/365G7Yr
legendary
June 19, 2019, 06:31:49 PM
Ok, I think I have finally worked through all the PM's so far. If you are still waiting for a response from me, please let me know and I'll check out your situation

Thanks for your patience, everyone, it's been a very rough couple of weeks for my family and I dealing with this loss of a very close family member; I am a little bit behind where I wanted to be right now, but everything seems to be getting sorted out

We feel sorry for your loss.
We are patient, the family is more important.

It would be great if coinexchange made a swap ...

Thanks, I needed to hear that, especially today. Unfortunately, we just buried her a couple hours ago so this week is going to really suck, too

I agree 100%, it would make everyone and all their users very happy to be on the new chain. I'm doing my best. If anyone sees ethought in the chat box on there, PLEASE ask him to check my skype messages to him

A couple people have been asking, but the quick specs are in the OP

Now that the coin is out there, I will start working on getting more information set up and looking nicer for the thread. For now its ugly, but all the info is there. I'll get a new one done this week and put out a bit more content to clear things up

Also, I am open to suggestions on improving the wallet GUI if anyone has anything they want to see changed to look nicer. There are still some icons and color codes that I'll try getting around to this week, too

Thanks
Activity: 140
Merit: 7
June 19, 2019, 06:09:38 PM
Ok, I think I have finally worked through all the PM's so far. If you are still waiting for a response from me, please let me know and I'll check out your situation

Thanks for your patience, everyone, it's been a very rough couple of weeks for my family and I dealing with this loss of a very close family member; I am a little bit behind where I wanted to be right now, but everything seems to be getting sorted out

We feel sorry for your loss.
We are patient, the family is more important.

It would be great if coinexchange made a swap ...
legendary
June 18, 2019, 02:32:57 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about hypotheticals and what-ifs until it's closer to the time. People should have been moving their coins for months

New links for Windows wallet and source

Windows: https://mega.nz/#!OIw3FYrC!m2PsP6KX5UFU-PkTmB5nsYM81PXuFkrDnkWjdG4HKu4

New Source: https://github.com/MealwormsBiz/WORM

MANDATORY BEFORE BLOCK 20000

I'll give more details before that block hits, let me put something together

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
June 18, 2019, 02:30:49 PM
What happens to unclaimed coins?

We will see how many are left. I'll probably extend it past Friday if it's a significant amount still needing to be swapped, but might drop the rate at that time since those people will still be staking on the old chain and that's not fair to those of you who listened to what needed to be done for a smooth transition

There is still over 26M coins in the sell-book on the CoinExchange, and I assume even more are on the Exchnmage, but not on the books. Thats huge portion of the total old WORM supply.

26m old worm would be equivalent to 104000 new worm. Slightly less than 10% of total current supply.
Shall we say roughly 200k as a ballpark figure of new worm yet to be distributed?
legendary
June 18, 2019, 02:30:40 PM

We will see how many are left. I'll probably extend it past Friday if it's a significant amount still needing to be swapped, but might drop the rate at that time since those people will still be staking on the old chain and that's not fair to those of you who listened to what needed to be done for a smooth transition

There is still over 26M coins in the sell-book on the CoinExchange, and I assume even more are on the Exchnmage, but not on the books. Thats huge portion of the total old WORM supply.

Then I suggest people withdraw them and swap with me because I don't know if/when they are going to swap on there. I've been trying to get ahold of ethought but no luck yet. I've been trying to get people to get their coins moved for months; if they still didn't listen then they probably never will
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
June 18, 2019, 02:25:02 PM

There is still over 26M coins in the sell-book on the CoinExchange, and I assume even more are on the exchanage, but not on the books. Thats huge portion of the total old WORM supply.
legendary
June 18, 2019, 11:54:54 AM

legendary
June 18, 2019, 05:29:38 AM
legendary
June 17, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Are those coin specifications in github from the old worm?

No, I removed the specs part of the README to avoid confusion

There are quite a lot of WORM that still need to be swapped to the new blockchain

If this includes you, its time to get on it! I am only doing manual swaps until this Friday
legendary
June 17, 2019, 02:31:07 PM

Are those coin specifications in github from the old worm?
legendary
June 17, 2019, 11:28:18 AM
NovaExchange will be supporting the swap from OLD WORM -> NEW WORM, so if your coins are there, they will be swapped at a rate of 1 OLD WORM = 0.004 NEW WORM

New links for Windows wallet and source

Windows: https://mega.nz/#!jAISFAQL!XldKdszDP9VDB4wnZhy1_268D5katXScDODaO3Umc68

New Source: https://github.com/MealwormsBiz/WORM
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
June 17, 2019, 02:59:56 AM
Hi Guys

I have now auto sold all your shares  on https://www.nodemasters.net/

And i have now swapped your coin into WORM
the swap ratio was set at