Pages:
Author

Topic: 🐕 [ANN] Wownero - Such privacy! Many coins! Wow! 🐕 - page 44. (Read 43480 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 0
yesterday several coins launched that were loaded with malware,

Can you please provide details on what coins you reckon contain malware and I will investigate. It's the first I've heard of it, with no other complaints, but if it's true, then obviously those coins will be removed (not that I've heard of a coin daemon sharing malware before, but you live and learn).

perhaps the git put up a clone of your pool.
the threads have been deleted by the mods thankfully.
the malware was loaded into the qt wallets not the daemon, any on the pools would've come from the actual website not daemon. It was quite clever really because he/she had launched each of these supposed coins with 2-3 pools listed that if you followed looked like legitimate pools including yours however refreshing the pages after several minutes resulted in the exact same details (hashrate blocks found etc) however virustotal reported different malware than normal in the qt(not a coinminer)

checking your pool this morning the hashrate's do indeed change I apologise for being tricked and dirtying your pools name I would however still advise people to be overly cautious at this time

I understand completely - just a shame it was to my pool that is new and still trying to get new people to come to. Not sure why someone would want to clone my pool when isn't one of the main ones (yet).

You have every right to be cautious with people doing stuff like that. I just hope that people can trust my pool (this won't help unfortunately), because I would honestly never do anything like that. Also, I offer no downloads of wallets, etc, and do not intend to. I may, however, link to the official github location, but never stored on my server.

Again, if anyone is in any doubt of the legitimacy of Saltpool, please come over to the discord and chat to me (https://discord.gg/ns6HJMh). I guess someone copying my pool is a form of flattery, but I wish it didn't happen!

Thanks for returning and clearing that up for everyone.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252

Can you please provide details on what coins you reckon contain malware and I will investigate. It's the first I've heard of it, with no other complaints, but if it's true, then obviously those coins will be removed (not that I've heard of a coin daemon sharing malware before, but you live and learn).

perhaps the git put up a clone of your pool.
the threads have been deleted by the mods thankfully.
the malware was loaded into the qt wallets not the daemon, any on the pools would've come from the actual website not daemon. It was quite clever really because he/she had launched each of these supposed coins with 2-3 pools listed that if you followed looked like legitimate pools including yours however refreshing the pages after several minutes resulted in the exact same details (hashrate blocks found etc) however virustotal reported different malware than normal in the qt(not a coinminer)

checking your pool this morning the hashrate's do indeed change I apologise for being tricked and dirtying your pools name I would however still advise people to be overly cautious at this time

Saltpool.net intends on having a mining pool for Wownero. Based in Australia for Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
scam
avoid like the plague

yesterday several coins launched that were loaded with malware, this pool was listed on a few of them if you check the pool you'll see the hashrates never change, don't waste your hashes there

Saltpool is not a scam. It's a new pool with not many miners yet.  Try coming back in an hour and compare the stats, perhaps more people would have come, perhaps some would have left.  There is no malware on Saltpool.

Why not join the discord and ask the people there if it is a scam?  Talk to some real people, independent of myself, to see what the real story is.

Saltpool is an honest pool, if you come to the discord you will see that there is open and honest discussions. I've even told people to go to other pools to get a better hashrate, as we're all in this together to help each other.

Don't take my word for it, please ask others what their experiences have been.
Activity: 18
WOWNERO - THE BEST OF THE BEST OF SHITCOINS!
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
An excellent date for starting the start project was chosen. April Fools' Day
I think it will be fun, especially if it starts GARY THE ASSHOLE  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
I'm aware website is down. Tried pinging provider while at work, but can switch to different host tonight if need be.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
this is scam coin?

The coin is legit, but beware of 3rd party scam pools trying to take advantage of new launch
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
The project seems to be quite interesting. With the abbility to be friend with my mother coins that can be mixed with this token into single.

Much wat. So confuse Huh

That's artificial intelligence I believe.

aka fake news.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
The project seems to be quite interesting. With the abbility to be friend with my mother coins that can be mixed with this token into single.

Much wat. So confuse Huh

That's artificial intelligence I believe.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

Much wat. So confuse Huh
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Activity: 39
good decision. noone likes the wait, but the urge to launch prematurely is something to be avoided like saltpool...

also, thanks for the info about cryptonight asics!
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Subscribe to the bookmark, let it glow in the news  Wink
raskul

thanks for the heads up. I hope to have Wownero as the first coin on our new pool.. watch this space - we are working on hard to mine coins, and our private pool test is running great on another coin.
Activity: 38
this is scam coin?
Activity: 148
Merit: 2
Sorry. Didn't realize it caused an issue.
Pool coming soon to Saltpool.net
raskul
stop quoting spam posts.. they are more difficult to delete if they are quoted multiple times!
Activity: 148
Merit: 2
My name is ICOAdvertisment and I'm a douche bag.

I hope you get banned.

Stupid advertisements ARE NOT the same as stupid jokes.
Pages:
Jump to: