Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units - page 8. (Read 49035 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 250
August 21, 2013, 12:02:30 PM
And, if I decide to take the difficulty insurance (if it rises by that much) and order a second unit at half price.  Where does the second unit go into the waitlist?  Will I get it with my original unit that was ordered, or will it be tacked on at the end of the waiting list?

+1

Maybe we could also address these concerns on their forum: https://www.xcrowd.co.uk/forum/
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
August 21, 2013, 11:57:13 AM
And, if I decide to take the difficulty insurance (if it rises by that much) and order a second unit at half price.  Where does the second unit go into the waitlist?  Will I get it with my original unit that was ordered, or will it be tacked on at the end of the waiting list?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 21, 2013, 11:53:33 AM
Why the text in the OP has been deleted and replaced by a link to a newsletter?
legendary
August 21, 2013, 11:53:00 AM
Also, what happens if I need to change the address that I chose for shipping?  I am moving into an apartment here in a couple months and will still have access to the original shipping address at dear ol mom and dads, but if I want to change it to the new destination is that possible?
August 21, 2013, 11:48:42 AM
Without a manufacturer and more details I can't in good conscience keep you on the list.  I wish I had asked if this information was planned on being released earlier.

Not sure of what you were referring to in your previous question. Foundry?
Yes, who will actually be making the chips after they are designed?

https://www.xcrowd.co.uk/mining/home.html

TSMC 40G.
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
August 21, 2013, 11:44:55 AM
Without a manufacturer and more details I can't in good conscience keep you on the list.  I wish I had asked if this information was planned on being released earlier.

Not sure of what you were referring to in your previous question. Foundry?
Yes, who will actually be making the chips after they are designed?
August 21, 2013, 10:47:57 AM
Hi xcrowd,

I sent an email about changing my order.. I haven't heard back yet - I know you must be flat out, but i have seen a lot of replies to Forum posts while I have been waiting.

In the same boat, and would like to change my order while saving my order number.
legendary
August 21, 2013, 07:55:39 AM
I got a question.  Does the 10% premium when you do the 30% deposit method goes to you right away?

Only 30% of the 10% premium will be part of the initial 30% deposit. For example; on a $1098 Elysium (10% premium included) you would only have to deposit $99 now instead of the extra $330 added.
im not clear.  My question is making sure that no funds whatsoever go to you before shipping.  Yes or no?  Also probably a quick post by John k confirming things would be good too.

That is what I was thinking as well, could we get John K. to post a quick reply stating that he is in fact in coherts to provide escrow responsibilities for these transactions?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 03:44:22 AM
These units are still useless man, by the time you get them they are completely useless, how stupid can you people be???

The 1.2TH unit with December 1st, Delivery will give you a rate of return of -$2,000
Settings for mining.theblockchain.com since the links stop working usually.

3000 watts
$13500 with taxes, shipping

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/afefcd5f08

The unit you are talking about is 8k not 13.5k. I don't know where you get 13.5k from
Activity: 9
August 21, 2013, 03:44:00 AM
Hi xcrowd,

I sent an email about changing my order.. I haven't heard back yet - I know you must be flat out, but i have seen a lot of replies to Forum posts while I have been waiting.
Activity: 651
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 02:56:42 AM
So Olympus is

Unit Dimensions:  W65"xH60"xD25"

that is in metric: wide 165cm, height 152cm, depth 63cm - good old mainframe times come to my mind.. where big "boxes with fans" did "something" and it was cool Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
August 21, 2013, 02:51:08 AM
These units are still useless man, by the time you get them they are completely useless, how stupid can you people be???

The 1.2TH unit with December 1st, Delivery will give you a rate of return of -$2,000
Settings for mining.theblockchain.com since the links stop working usually.

3000 watts
$13500 with taxes, shipping

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/afefcd5f08
legendary
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 21, 2013, 02:15:55 AM
I got a question.  Does the 10% premium when you do the 30% deposit method goes to you right away?

Only 30% of the 10% premium will be part of the initial 30% deposit. For example; on a $1098 Elysium (10% premium included) you would only have to deposit $99 now instead of the extra $330 added.
im not clear.  My question is making sure that no funds whatsoever go to you before shipping.  Yes or no?  Also probably a quick post by John k confirming things would be good too.
legendary
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 21, 2013, 02:13:09 AM
Here's a tough question.

XC offers hosted mining, only $44k & $5k a month. 30% down in escrow, of course.

Now, explain to me how the customer will ever know that they've actually delivered the unit.

All of this could be a beard for the hosting scam. Why are the hosting prices so incredibly high? To catch whales, of course.

You simply tell whale his device is hashing, send a few BTC to his wallet of choice as if it were part of a pool share, get him to release the escrow (multi-sig allows this without need for the escrow agent to even agree) and bam. Conned.

Watch out. We still have no idea who is behind Xcrowd, who the principals are, who's speaking on this account. I can't believe anyone has given them any money without that sort of forthrightness right away.

http://imgur.com/Xwa0jUQ
its pretty easy to prove hosting.  Make it solo mine and the coins will be newly generated.
Activity: 22
August 21, 2013, 01:17:36 AM
I was looking for the pre-order list thread, is there anyone?

I placed and order #220

Hope Xcrowd release soon all the Escrow details and all the doubts everyone has, this looks very promising.

I wish this isn't another "Too good to be true"

Hello!
Is the site http://xcrowd.ecwid.com for payment Xcrowd's devices?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 12:53:55 AM
Yep basically it is. None of my money will be in anyone's hands besides John K. Worst case scenario is I lose .5-1% of my deposit to an escrow fee. How is this not better than most of the other big name asic companies surfacing?
Activity: 252
August 21, 2013, 12:49:12 AM
Well I mean we do know who they are. Look back a few pages there is plenty of doxxing going on. If you don't want to rely on hosting then just use escrow and have the product delivered? Doesn't seem very complicated.
One guy, whom the writer of the Xcrowd account claims is not himself. Thus, we don't know. Also he claims a team of people working with him. No idea who they are either.

You guys seem to think escrow is some magic word. Good luck to you.
Activity: 252
August 21, 2013, 12:47:46 AM
Although you've clearly have an agenda yourself
I'm not sure extreme skepticism and wariness due to you being incredibly guarded about who you are and thus failing to establish trust with the community counts as 'agenda.'

your point does makes sense. That would be a possible concern for hosted customers and we will put the right assurances in place to make sure there isn't a possibility of that happening.
K. Like what.
Activity: 238
August 21, 2013, 12:42:30 AM
Well I mean we do know who they are. Look back a few pages there is plenty of doxxing going on. If you don't want to rely on hosting then just use escrow and have the product delivered? Doesn't seem very complicated.
Activity: 166
August 21, 2013, 12:41:47 AM
Although you've clearly have an agenda yourself; your point does makes sense. That would be a possible concern for hosted customers and we will put the right assurances in place to make sure there isn't a possibility of that happening.

However,we either have a working ASIC by the time we get paid or we don't and I doubt we'd be interested in a few 1xx,xxx's when we're actually shipping hundreds of TH's.
Pages:
Jump to: