Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units - page 6. (Read 49035 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 22, 2013, 10:47:56 PM
Maybe they're just really busy and haven't employed someone full time to monitor forums..  There's an alternative explanation lol

Funny.

Current Time:      12:27:35 AM
Last Active:    Today at 12:16:42 AM

It is scam, nicely crafted but epic fail at the end.

Guess they just hired the web designer and lost track there...
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
August 22, 2013, 10:30:20 PM
Maybe they're just really busy and haven't employed someone full time to monitor forums..  There's an alternative explanation lol

Funny.

It is scam, nicely crafted but epic fail at the end.
Activity: 532
August 22, 2013, 08:55:12 PM
I haven't received a response from TSMC confirming their relationship with XCrowd yet.  This doesn't necessarily mean anything, as they may not be able to disclose that information.

Has anyone else already checked this?

You wouldn't get that kind of disclosure unless you 'know' someone. They have apparently said they'll be back on line within 48 hours. They do need to be wayy more transparent.
August 22, 2013, 08:43:48 PM
I have exchanged a few emails - they haven't gone completely quiet.. they indicated we would receive more info in the next 48hrs

They have account hacked or they are kidnapped or... Catched by police or... Just stupid
Not smart enough to pull decent scam to the end.

Or scared of jail, deleting posts, forum, going quiet

No other explanation.

They had a big dream... hoping to get tons of pre-orders, use that money to hire people and create a company. Then they decided that wouldn't work, so they decided to go the escrow route. Maybe they thought with enough orders placed when they launched their website, someone would fund them. Now their plan is starting to fall apart so they have gone quit. Has anyone even had John K. confirm this?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
August 22, 2013, 08:28:38 PM

Funny.

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
August 22, 2013, 07:37:18 PM
I have exchanged a few emails - they haven't gone completely quiet.. they indicated we would receive more info in the next 48hrs

They have account hacked or they are kidnapped or... Catched by police or... Just stupid

No other explanation.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
August 22, 2013, 07:34:41 PM
I haven't received a response from TSMC confirming their relationship with XCrowd yet.  This doesn't necessarily mean anything, as they may not be able to disclose that information.

Has anyone else already checked this?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
August 22, 2013, 06:45:44 PM
a small movie with their hardware working or smthg will be a nice proof
cryptoshark
August 22, 2013, 06:32:44 PM

No other explanation.
August 22, 2013, 05:35:59 PM
I do not think there is enough evidence to label as scammer yet, but there are definately some things that need to be answered.

1) Where has xcrowd gone?  It seems he has been on the forums, but has not replyed to anyone or anything in a couple of days.  Has he been replying to emails?

2) Why does the link to the xcrowd forums not work on the website?  I had not checked if they were ever up if anyone can confirm if they were or not.

3) John K. confirmation that he is indeed working with xcrowd to provide escrow services for these products.

4) An employee list, when looking at the website it only seems like one person works there according to crowd sourcing website that is linked at the bottom.  Are there more employees?  Are they being hired?  This seems pretty important as one person certainly cant manage this by themselves. (and yes I see that he has job postings out, but is anything being done with them)

5) A business plan.  So far we have heard dates, how about something a little more concrete as far as a plan for the future?

I am sure I am forgetting something, and will update this post as it comes to mind with other questions that I have.  Please guys, lets not spread FUD and wait for an official word from xcrowd about the above questions, if you have others you want added, then please PM me and I will add them, so as not to burry these questions here.

Thanks,

Debit

The forums were up for about a day. Then they randomly took them down.
Activity: 9
August 22, 2013, 05:24:32 PM
Activity: 742
August 22, 2013, 04:47:56 PM
I do not think there is enough evidence to label as scammer yet, but there are definately some things that need to be answered.

1) Where has xcrowd gone?  It seems he has been on the forums, but has not replyed to anyone or anything in a couple of days.  Has he been replying to emails?

2) Why does the link to the xcrowd forums not work on the website?  I had not checked if they were ever up if anyone can confirm if they were or not.

3) John K. confirmation that he is indeed working with xcrowd to provide escrow services for these products.

4) An employee list, when looking at the website it only seems like one person works there according to crowd sourcing website that is linked at the bottom.  Are there more employees?  Are they being hired?  This seems pretty important as one person certainly cant manage this by themselves. (and yes I see that he has job postings out, but is anything being done with them)

5) A business plan.  So far we have heard dates, how about something a little more concrete as far as a plan for the future?

I am sure I am forgetting something, and will update this post as it comes to mind with other questions that I have.  Please guys, lets not spread FUD and wait for an official word from xcrowd about the above questions, if you have others you want added, then please PM me and I will add them, so as not to burry these questions here.

Thanks,

Debit

Yeah - this is a good list of questions.  Highly recommend they be answered before Xcrowd asks for money.. escrow or not..
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
August 22, 2013, 04:33:20 PM

Thanks,

Debit
cryptoshark
August 22, 2013, 03:14:30 PM

This site is hosted by HostGator!
Build your website today for 1 cent! Coupon code: "404PAGE"
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED

Nice hosting for such enterprise.

Lol.

This is scam but i dont know how he is gonna scam if all is escrowed. Maybe hosting is not and he will mine bitcoins scamming noobs?

Activity: 408
August 22, 2013, 02:05:59 PM
You can fantasize and have any amount of orgasmic dreams about conspiracy theories of having double accounts and all that ip address crap and it's good to know that you find something unlikely but in the end...who cares about opinions. It's all about facts.

My research is based on actual calls with the best colocation providers in the US and perhaps even the planet. Find the same info yourself unless you feel lazy enough to not do your own research. I do spend significant time doing investment projects due diligence. Whether you consider that FUD or not, nobody gives a shit. Facts are facts and if xcrowd is so insecure about its final product design that it had to mega-inflate its own specs to be on the safe side, guess what? That "safe side" is killing ROI in real terms whether anyone feels FUDish or not. Couldn't care less about that. Argue with facts, that's what you should be spending your time on.

You know that would have been a very good factual argument until you mentioned best on the planet, with that you hurt everything else you said by trying to show off.

Dude, are you blind to the word "perhaps" ? No reason to feel offended or take it personal. Read that sentence again. My point is that I was doing darn good due diligence in pretty decent colo places.
I'm sure there are better places somewhere else though. There always are. I hear Europe has even better ones due to lack of seismic activity in some areas. Isn't there where Wikileaks hosts its servers? :-) Anyway...
eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 22, 2013, 11:44:59 AM
XCrowd why have you deleted your forum a couple of us were posting on there?

is he really MIA? The Abdi Mahamud from xCrowd?
Activity: 40
August 22, 2013, 06:06:34 AM
XCrowd why have you deleted your forum a couple of us were posting on there?

Activity: 8
August 22, 2013, 02:07:15 AM
You can fantasize and have any amount of orgasmic dreams about conspiracy theories of having double accounts and all that ip address crap and it's good to know that you find something unlikely but in the end...who cares about opinions. It's all about facts.

My research is based on actual calls with the best colocation providers in the US and perhaps even the planet. Find the same info yourself unless you feel lazy enough to not do your own research. I do spend significant time doing investment projects due diligence. Whether you consider that FUD or not, nobody gives a shit. Facts are facts and if xcrowd is so insecure about its final product design that it had to mega-inflate its own specs to be on the safe side, guess what? That "safe side" is killing ROI in real terms whether anyone feels FUDish or not. Couldn't care less about that. Argue with facts, that's what you should be spending your time on.

You know that would have been a very good factual argument until you mentioned best on the planet, with that you hurt everything else you said by trying to show off.
Activity: 742
August 21, 2013, 10:27:16 PM
One would hope there would be more information provided to the community before sending out the "escrow" instructions to proceed with payment and locking down order positions... if they push the 7 day rule of pay or lose spot in line, I would imagine the actual order book will thin out...
Activity: 252
August 21, 2013, 10:10:31 PM
This is a scam until:

Proof of contracts are posted,
Proof of team are posted
Proof of chip are posted, (die shots, layout etc)

Until then I see no reason why anyone with a brain is putting their money into xcrowd. Then again there are a lot of people on this forums without brains.
They've never heard of the phrase 'escrow scam' before.
Pages:
Jump to: