Author

Topic: [ANN] ⚽ XFCCOIN ▐The first Fantasy Football Manager blockchain game!▐ ⚽ - page 108. (Read 168582 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Long time lurker here and a holder of a considerable amount of these.

Their most recent statement left me, befuddled to say the least. Let me explain.

First of all, almost all ICOs as one of the first orders of business other than create a wallet try to get their coin listed on an exchange. Common sense tells us that this is so that market forces can decide a price for said coin.

By XFC not explicitly addressing the exchange issue and instead mentioning they are creating "their own exchange service", this tells me they are more concerned with creating a one way money funnel. Currently, you can buy XFC for fiat, on their own exchange, you will also be able to do the same. This allows them to control the fiat exchange price. By not allowing it to be listed on a crypto exchange, they aren't allowing their coin to be subjected to normal market forces, and the only justification for such an approach is to try and fix the price for their token to fiat. If you can think of another reason they would do this, I'm all ears.

If their original intention was to turn this into an arcade token or gift card style form of currency for their game, and to only allow the exchange of this currency into a one way money funnel (to them, and them only with no way of getting it out) then they merely exploited the crypto community on two accounts: one, they took advantage of the current enthusiasm in the cryptosphere to raise a lot of money in their ICO, anonymously, mind you, and second by doing an ICO, they did so knowing that a notable unregulated investment mechanism will have no legal recourse should things go awry.

As I said, if their original intention was for this to just be a game where you buy in with fiat, have your game tokens and play the game with no incentive for cashing out, where your tokens won would simply just allow you to continue to participate in tournaments or own more cards, then this should have been stated from the beginning.

I can assure you that I'm not trying to spread FUD here, I'm merely a concerned investor that by not explicitly stating in their roadmap, any intention or PRIORITIZATION of allowing this token to be subjected to either market forces or to be listed on an exchange that actually has volume, then this is deeply concerning/borderline scam-like behavior.

While I am happy they are working out their technical issues due to the limitations of their original blockchain, to not come out and say that they are dedicated to creating the MARKET aspect of their platform, a key feature on their website, then I am afraid we are all being taken for a ride. By only allowing money IN and not OUT, they are not only allowing themselves to control the price for more favorable XFC to fiat transactions, but they are leaving crypto investors holding a very heavy bag with no way of moving it.

I, and I would imagine others, welcome from the developers a specific response to the issue of how they are intending to handle subjecting this token to actual legitimate market forces (i.e. listing this on a legitimate third party exchange) beyond their own proprietary exchange which will likely have extremely low volume. The fact that this was not mentioned on their lengthy roadmap/feature list is extremely troubling, and it probably should be for any of you that wants to see this as an actual marketplace-styled fantasy game beyond an online soccer version of Magic: The Gathering.

Zanos,

You've made some well thought-out points and I also look forward to a response from Octa but I didn't take the original statement to mean that the new exchange service would stop XFC being traded on other exchanges.

"we will launch a new exchange service, especially helpful for the users outside of the cryptocurrency community, for easier access to XFCCOIN currency"

I just took this to mean that you'll be able to buy XFC with your fiat. Once you have those XFC there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to transfer them to an exchange as and when you want.

Trying to have total control over the exchange of this coin would severely limit the potential of this project and I think the developers have put too much work into this so far to all of a sudden blow its kneecaps off. Of course they could walk away right now with a few million in ICO funds but they could make life-changing amounts EACH if they continue to develop this project and let the market decide what one XFC is worth.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Long time lurker here and a holder of a considerable amount of these.

Their most recent statement left me, befuddled to say the least. Let me explain.

First of all, almost all ICOs as one of the first orders of business other than create a wallet try to get their coin listed on an exchange. Common sense tells us that this is so that market forces can decide a price for said coin.

By XFC not explicitly addressing the exchange issue and instead mentioning they are creating "their own exchange service", this tells me they are more concerned with creating a one way money funnel. Currently, you can buy XFC for fiat, on their own exchange, you will also be able to do the same. This allows them to control the fiat exchange price. By not allowing it to be listed on a crypto exchange, they aren't allowing their coin to be subjected to normal market forces, and the only justification for such an approach is to try and fix the price for their token to fiat. If you can think of another reason they would do this, I'm all ears.

If their original intention was to turn this into an arcade token or gift card style form of currency for their game, and to only allow the exchange of this currency into a one way money funnel (to them, and them only with no way of getting it out) then they merely exploited the crypto community on two accounts: one, they took advantage of the current enthusiasm in the cryptosphere to raise a lot of money in their ICO, anonymously, mind you, and second by doing an ICO, they did so knowing that a notable unregulated investment mechanism will have no legal recourse should things go awry.

As I said, if their original intention was for this to just be a game where you buy in with fiat, have your game tokens and play the game with no incentive for cashing out, where your tokens won would simply just allow you to continue to participate in tournaments or own more cards, then this should have been stated from the beginning.

I can assure you that I'm not trying to spread FUD here, I'm merely a concerned investor that by not explicitly stating in their roadmap, any intention or PRIORITIZATION of allowing this token to be subjected to either market forces or to be listed on an exchange that actually has volume, then this is deeply concerning/borderline scam-like behavior.

While I am happy they are working out their technical issues due to the limitations of their original blockchain, to not come out and say that they are dedicated to creating the MARKET aspect of their platform, a key feature on their website, then I am afraid we are all being taken for a ride. By only allowing money IN and not OUT, they are not only allowing themselves to control the price for more favorable XFC to fiat transactions, but they are leaving crypto investors holding a very heavy bag with no way of moving it.

I, and I would imagine others, welcome from the developers a specific response to the issue of how they are intending to handle subjecting this token to actual legitimate market forces (i.e. listing this on a legitimate third party exchange) beyond their own proprietary exchange which will likely have extremely low volume. The fact that this was not mentioned on their lengthy roadmap/feature list is extremely troubling, and it probably should be for any of you that wants to see this as an actual marketplace-styled fantasy game beyond an online soccer version of Magic: The Gathering.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
The price of XFCCOIN went 150%  up. 0.005xcp. some trading went for 1000euro worth xfc.

I know it is nothing for the volume but still xfc slowly moves into good direction😀
I have another suggestion which I think will improve gameplay:

Would it be possible for the game to remember my team from the last time I entered the same contest? Or even better would be to have the option to start with a blank squad or my previous team. That way if I have done well in the same contest one week earlier then I can choose to have the same team again and maybe make one or two changes. If I had a bad week previously then I can choose to start with a blank squad.
Activity: 4
We wanted to give you some updates regarding the roadmap for the project and tell you about some of the things we have added recently to the game.

During the last months, we've added some very important elements to the game.

- We have opened the In-Game market so that our users can easily purchase the player/stadium cards. Transactions are done instantaneously, with no fees and you own what you purchase.

- We have promised that at the start of the new season we would have three more football leagues/competitions in the game. We have done so and we've added three extra leagues (chosen by popular demand). Six new leagues in total.

Here's a brief roadmap for the project in Q4. This should respond to some of the frequently asked questions received in recent times. Additional updates will, of course, be provided.

- As you know we are working on developing our own Blockchain. It is currently being tested. This should be a great asset for a number of reasons as it will prove crucial in offering small transaction costs and provide some great speed for transactions.

- We are also do developing the new wallets (for the new Blockchain).

- We are going to launch a new Mobile app version for the FootballCoin game.

- We will soon launch a new and improved version of the game.

- Finally, together with the new Blockchain, we will launch a new exchange service, especially helpful for the users outside of the cryptocurrency community, for easier access to XFCCOIN currency.

That's awsome, thanks for the update!
Activity: 814
Merit: 358
WINNING xfc ... winning, winning.. so so happy. Not too much, but enough to make me smile and to make me look more into crypto.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Congratulations on your winning streak. What's your secret?  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
is there any announcement about the exchange we can sell our XFC tokens? i still have my tokens in my xfc account and i dont know where to sell them. im just afraid to miss updates about that matter.
Activity: 814
Merit: 358
I am trying to withdraw my coins earned in freerroll games to my counterparty account but it seems this function is not working. Do you guys have some kind of support on your site?

No worries. Glad you were successful The regular withdraw option will be available through the new Blockchain. As we said previously, it is currently being tested, so you will not have long to wait for this. This should be a significantly easier process than on the Counterparty platform.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Still waiting for a detailed time update about the blockchain and exchange... so far nothing concrete yet. September is almost ending....
It's understandable it's been 6 months since footballcoin created this thread but this project is doing something different from the other ico we've seen, it will take some time but it's going to worth the wait. so extend your patient.
Activity: 125
WINNING xfc ... winning, winning.. so so happy. Not too much, but enough to make me smile and to make me look more into crypto.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 68
I am trying to withdraw my coins earned in freerroll games to my counterparty account but it seems this function is not working. Do you guys have some kind of support on your site?

would be great to see xfc devs help this player.     
Activity: 125
The game looks better indeed. But the team needs to improve it since it's not that practical the screen in which you set up your team.
Anyway, It's a great news, that people are working on the project, and seems like a very good sign.
Keep it up!
Activity: 68
yeah lets hope blockchain and marketing will start soon, but one thing i didnt thought : we wont be able to play in off season ? should be at least fantasy league or something to roll during off season

There is a world cup this summer. Im sure i read thier will be world cup tournaments with xfc.
Activity: 32
Still waiting for a detailed time update about the blockchain and exchange... so far nothing concrete yet. September is almost ending....
Activity: 92
yeah lets hope blockchain and marketing will start soon, but one thing i didnt thought : we wont be able to play in off season ? should be at least fantasy league or something to roll during off season
hey roastedparsnip , do you think that because they start the campaign , all of a sudden everyone out of crypto will come, its not the case, it takes time , to have result they should start right now , so when the blockchain will be on it will have a good visibility, if they wait, tghen we all will have to wait again that their campaign reach peoples, again marketing campaign of something like this can take months, so no its not a good idea to wait

I don't think everyone will come straight away but those that do sign up for the game need to have everything made as simple as possible otherwise they will just go back to other fantasy football games which are easier to play. Of course FootballCoin has the attraction that you can win prizes but if you aren't familiar with the concept of an in-game currency or how to buy/sell that currency then that won't be enough to persuade people.

Also, a bad review of any product or service gets noticed a lot more than a good review so I think it's important for there to be an easier way to buy and sell XFC before any serious marketing is done.
Activity: 92
hey roastedparsnip , do you think that because they start the campaign , all of a sudden everyone out of crypto will come, its not the case, it takes time , to have result they should start right now , so when the blockchain will be on it will have a good visibility, if they wait, tghen we all will have to wait again that their campaign reach peoples, again marketing campaign of something like this can take months, so no its not a good idea to wait
Activity: 19
We wanted to give you some updates regarding the roadmap for the project and tell you about some of the things we have added recently to the game.

- We have opened the In-Game market so that our users can easily purchase the player/stadium cards. Transactions are done instantaneously, with no fees and you own what you purchase.

- We have promised that at the start of the new season we would have three more football leagues/competitions in the game. We have done so and we've added three extra leagues (chosen by popular demand). Six new leagues in total.

Here's a brief roadmap for the project in Q4. This should respond to some of the frequently asked questions received in recent times. Additional updates will, of course, be provided.

- As you know we are working on developing our own Blockchain. It is currently being tested. This should be a great asset for a number of reasons as it will prove crucial in offering small transaction costs and provide some great speed for transactions.

- Finally, together with the new Blockchain, we will launch a new exchange service, especially helpful for the users outside of the cryptocurrency community, for easier access to XFCCOIN currency.

There is very promising news. Especially new blockchain and mobile app will rocks. if all of this will happen at Q4 it will be great

And not a word about getting XFC on any crypto exchanges, even a minor one.  Guess it wasn't that far of a stride from long term hold to being held captive.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

There is very promising news. Especially new blockchain and mobile app will rocks. if all of this will happen at Q4 it will be great
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

Even if it takes 6 months more I am willing to wait and hold my footballcoin, this is something that is going to be huge and it will be more the wait and besides ico come and go and I believe this is the one that is going to stay for good in the market.
Jump to: