Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XFE] | Feirm - Privacy for everyone. - page 7. (Read 14408 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 10
Discord channel is gone, must be a scam. Also only 2 people in the team with only a first name and no linkedin profile?

Where did Discord go  Grin...

When u cant get in early dont shout here SCAM SCAM
Activity: 641
Merit: 500
Discord channel is gone, must be a scam. Also only 2 people in the team with only a first name and no linkedin profile?
Activity: 275
Merit: 100
Feirm is a cryptocurrency which enables users to exchange web services/digital content on the blockchain with our decentralized marketplace. the idea is really good .I think everything it will be remarkable at this coin.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
I have joined the Feirm community thanks to a good friend of mine on Twitter NeuroticR who introduced me to this coin and even helped me get started with a masternode so I can't thank him enough for all the help he has given me. I really like the look of this project and believe it has a bright and long term future.
Activity: 281
Merit: 108
Crypto Enthusiast, Crypto Critic
Can someone please explain me the difference between hot and cold wallets? WHy should we have two?

Hi, hot wallet is basically the wallet containing the address that holds your actual coins in it. By 'cold wallet' people usually refer to the wallet on VPS that does not hold any coin, but acts as a server for masternode. Only the masternode genkey generated from local hot wallet goes into the configuration file on VPS, thus proving that you actually are the owner of the wallet (or address) holding those coins. Once you set up a cold VPS node and start masternode from your controlling local hot wallet, you do not need to keep local wallet running 24/7, the VPS will do the task for it. Therefore, running masternode as cold wallet on vps is the safest, as you do not need to keep the wallet containing the coins open or unlocked.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Decentralized marketplace for digital content - that's what you read in almost any announcement that is about the length of yours. Maybe you can be a bit more specific?
My understanding from reading the whitepaper here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpcNraPV_hjXiK5RNm2FiIgXa-Dv6xU5/view is that this will be a marketplace for domain names and ssl certificates.

Would be good for the Feirm devs / team to clarify.

Hi. The exchange of domain names is a roadmap item which will be implemented over time. Feirm will allow users to buy/sell digital content in the FRM currency or other popular ones such as BTC. Domain name exchange can be handled by the use of the WHOis database, and an API can be built around it to verify ownership of a domain. We aim to integrate SSL on the FRM blockchain with the use of DNSChain.

Ok but can you help me understand the difference between the Ethereum name service on the one hand and your service on the other hand? Is it something very similar or what is it that they offer?
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Can someone please explain me the difference between hot and cold wallets? WHy should we have two?
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
What about the coinmarketcap marketing campaign when will that start? Also what about the FRM ticker issue  Huh
Activity: 490
I sell 1MN Feirm (FRM). Please PM.
Activity: 129
Merit: 0
Looks like the ticker will be have to be changed for this coin from FRM since FRM is taken by another coin already.

Seems the new ticker will be XFE which I quite like  Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
 Hi Dev. If the difficulty retargeting which takes place on each newly generated block is high, perhaps around twice as high as you would expect it to be in order to achieve a block every 60 seconds, doesn't that suggest the retargeting code needs reviewing?
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
BITG & CHX & FTX Community
I find this project fascinating and its developers carry things forward systematically. I am very keen to see the upcoming results of the project and I think it really has a potential.
Activity: 826
Decentralized marketplace for digital content - that's what you read in almost any announcement that is about the length of yours. Maybe you can be a bit more specific?
My understanding from reading the whitepaper here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpcNraPV_hjXiK5RNm2FiIgXa-Dv6xU5/view is that this will be a marketplace for domain names and ssl certificates.

Decentralized marketplace for domain names? Isn't that what is already running on top of Ethereum? I don't know but there might be such a service for other coins as well. Or maybe it is even possible to do it for other coins via the Ethereum platform.
Activity: 112
 decentralized marketplace! are getting that content and exchanging it for crypto is awesome.ill be looking and adding to checklist to watch it this project Wink
Activity: 16
Merit: 2

Hi. The exchange of domain names is a roadmap item which will be implemented over time. Feirm will allow users to buy/sell digital content in the FRM currency or other popular ones such as BTC. Domain name exchange can be handled by the use of the WHOis database, and an API can be built around it to verify ownership of a domain. We aim to integrate SSL on the FRM blockchain with the use of DNSChain.
Devs, I just downloaded and ran the windows wallet but it says no block source available.

It would be good to fix this without me needing to addnodes to the feirm.conf file  Smiley

If anyone else has this issue, just do the following:

• Find the file feirm.conf and edit it with a text editor
  • Add the following lines:
  • addnode=51.255.48.39
  • addnode=54.37.18.16
  • addnode=18.217.22.55
  • Save the file and restart the wallet
Activity: 42
Getting that content and exchanging it for crypto is awesome.

So, what's the expected release date for wallet linux and windows? And already has the date set for the pre-sale?
The wallets for windows are available here https://github.com/feirm/feirm/releases/download/1.0.1/feirm-1.0.1-win64.zip

For linux, I think you would need to compile it from https://github.com/feirm/feirm

The pre-sale is over now but there will be an ICO starting soon.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 252
So, what's the expected release date for wallet linux and windows? And already has the date set for the pre-sale?
Pages:
Jump to: