Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 219. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.
[2018-01-06 16:32:43] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2018-01-06 16:34:41] thread 4: 91742 hashes, 1.58 khash/s[/i]

It stayed up for about 7 minutes and then starting having Stratum connection issues again!?  *sigh*

That's either your network connection (not the miner), the pool, or some router in the middle. Try a different pool to see if you get the same results.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
You can use it from there. but you might need to use the full path if you are going to use it in scripts:
~/m-cpuminer-v2/m-minerd

I ended up using the 'sudo make install' so now I can essentially run it from anywhere. I managed to get it going. However as I mentioned in a recent post, it struggles to maintain a connection to the BULL MINING pool.

[2018-01-06 16:17:52] thread 6: 26396 hashes, 1.66 khash/s
[2018-01-06 16:18:22] Stratum connection failed: Connection timed out after 30000 milliseconds

...and it didn't connect again until...

[2018-01-06 16:32:43] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2018-01-06 16:34:41] thread 4: 91742 hashes, 1.58 khash/s

It stayed up for about 7 minutes and then starting having Stratum connection issues again!?  *sigh*
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
make sure you are in the directory where you compiled the software. './m-minerd --help' or './m-minerd --benchmark'

Basically, './m-minerd '

alternatively you could 'sudo make install' and that will move the binary to /usr/bin/m-minerd and it will always be available just by 'm-minerd' so you don't need to enter any path statements when you run it.

Thanks for the prompt response. I believe that I am attempting to run the software from the correct location. However I suspect I have the syntax incorrect:

odroid@odroid:~/m-cpuminer-v2$ ls -a
.                configure.ac          magimath.cpp           m_minerd-sha2.o
..               COPYING               magimath.h             m_minerd-util.o
aclocal.m4       cpu-miner.c           Makefile               NEWS
AUTHORS          cpuminer-config.h     Makefile.am            nomacro.pl
autogen.sh       cpuminer-config.h.in  Makefile.in            README
.autogen.sh.swp  depcomp               miner.h                scrypt-arm.S
autom4te.cache   .deps                 missing                scrypt.c
ChangeLog        Dockerfile            m-minerd               scrypt-x64.S
compat           elist.h               m-minerd.1             scrypt-x86.S
compat.h         example-cfg.json      m-minerd.bat           sha2-arm.S
compile          .git                  m_minerd-cpu-miner.o   sha2.c
config.guess     INSTALL               m_minerd-m7mhash.o     sha2-x64.S
config.log       install-sh            m_minerd-scrypt-arm.o  sha2-x86.S
config.status    LICENSE               m_minerd-scrypt.o      stamp-h1
config.sub       m7                    m-minerd.sh            util.c
configure        m7mhash.c             m_minerd-sha2-arm.o
odroid@odroid:~/m-cpuminer-v2$

Any other instructions needed for the 'sudo make install' instructions? Do I just use this from within the same file structure?

You can use it from there. but you might need to use the full path if you are going to use it in scripts:
~/m-cpuminer-v2/m-minerd
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
Is there anything we need to do after the hardfork?

Update your wallet, and make sure your miner(s) are configured properly. Otherwise, you're good to go!
Yup, I have unlocked the wallet through the client by inputting the passphase. The command "magid walletpassphrase YOUR_PASSWORD 9999999 true" doesn't seem to be working when I put it in the conf file. It's still showing up as not staking. Do I have to input all the other stuff like rpcuser, rpcpassword, rpcport, server, listen, rpcallowip, addnode?

What I provided was a command line, not a configuration option.  I'm running the Magi Daemon.

Before I ran this command, using 'magid getinfo'...

"paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""

...and after running the command:

"paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
"unlocked_until" : 1525207002,
"errors" : ""

Activity: 31
Did you check the magi.conf at %appdata%\magi
Activity: 27
Erm...Can anyone help me on enabling staking? I've put "staking=1" and "posii=1" (with out the " ") in the magi.conf but the wallet still shows not staking (only those 2 commands were input)... Can someone help me on where I've gone wrong? Thanks.

Have you specifically unlocked your wallet for staking?

magid walletpassphrase YOUR_PASSWORD 9999999 true

Yup, I have unlocked the wallet through the client by inputting the passphase. The command "magid walletpassphrase YOUR_PASSWORD 9999999 true" doesn't seem to be working when I put it in the conf file. It's still showing up as not staking. Do I have to input all the other stuff like rpcuser, rpcpassword, rpcport, server, listen, rpcallowip, addnode?
Activity: 9
Is there anything we need to do after the hardfork?
Anyone else using BULL MINING as their pool?

I have finally got my Odroid up and running and it appears to be trucking along ok for the the little ARM processor that it has.

However all of a sudden, it will drop out with things like this:

[2018-01-06 15:25:48] Stratum connection failed: Connection timed out after 30000 milliseconds
[2018-01-06 15:25:48] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2018-01-06 15:26:48] Stratum connection failed: Connection timed out after 30001 millisecond
s

and

[2018-01-06 15:36:19] Stratum connection timed out
[2018-01-06 15:36:19] Stratum connection interrupted

Is this normal and just par of the course?
Activity: 6
Two quick questions

Does the m-block-chain.zip need to be downloaded and unzipped in some Magi folder for the wallet to work properly? And what folder should that be placed in on Windows?

I've earned some mining and it has yet to show up in my wallet.
Erm...Can anyone help me on enabling staking? I've put "staking=1" and "posii=1" (with out the " ") in the magi.conf but the wallet still shows not staking (only those 2 commands were input)... Can someone help me on where I've gone wrong? Thanks.

Have you specifically unlocked your wallet for staking?

magid walletpassphrase YOUR_PASSWORD 9999999 true
Activity: 27
Activity: 63
I'd recon early tomorrow AM...
but, who knows ;-) It's a magical magicoin

Almost there!!... 1606895
make sure you are in the directory where you compiled the software. './m-minerd --help' or './m-minerd --benchmark'

Basically, './m-minerd '

alternatively you could 'sudo make install' and that will move the binary to /usr/bin/m-minerd and it will always be available just by 'm-minerd' so you don't need to enter any path statements when you run it.

Thanks for the prompt response. I believe that I am attempting to run the software from the correct location. However I suspect I have the syntax incorrect:

odroid@odroid:~/m-cpuminer-v2$ ls -a
.                configure.ac          magimath.cpp           m_minerd-sha2.o
..               COPYING               magimath.h             m_minerd-util.o
aclocal.m4       cpu-miner.c           Makefile               NEWS
AUTHORS          cpuminer-config.h     Makefile.am            nomacro.pl
autogen.sh       cpuminer-config.h.in  Makefile.in            README
.autogen.sh.swp  depcomp               miner.h                scrypt-arm.S
autom4te.cache   .deps                 missing                scrypt.c
ChangeLog        Dockerfile            m-minerd               scrypt-x64.S
compat           elist.h               m-minerd.1             scrypt-x86.S
compat.h         example-cfg.json      m-minerd.bat           sha2-arm.S
compile          .git                  m_minerd-cpu-miner.o   sha2.c
config.guess     INSTALL               m_minerd-m7mhash.o     sha2-x64.S
config.log       install-sh            m_minerd-scrypt-arm.o  sha2-x86.S
config.status    LICENSE               m_minerd-scrypt.o      stamp-h1
config.sub       m7                    m-minerd.sh            util.c
configure        m7mhash.c             m_minerd-sha2-arm.o
odroid@odroid:~/m-cpuminer-v2$

Any other instructions needed for the 'sudo make install' instructions? Do I just use this from within the same file structure?
HODL. Patience.
Clearly there's another step as I can't seem to be able to "run" minerd? I assume that I've now configured and/or created the relevant files for the software to work on my platform, however it now needs to be "installed" or similar.

Again, any assistance would be appreciated.

Basically, './m-minerd '

HODL. Patience.
A little bit OT, but: Question about pool softwares.

Maybe this is a little silly, but I just had a look at the 'transactions' tab at LuckyPool (a MPOS pool.) There are lots of individual transactions. Credit, Fee, Donation for each found block. This is just silly! Why would anyone write a pooling program with so many transaction? Why would a pooling program not simply log in the DB the credit for found block and then deal with fees+donations when the miner pulls their rewards from the pool hot-wallet? Seems like a lot of overhead in terms of network transactions (wow!) and processing power. Do all pool softwares behave like this, or just MPOS?
Ok, so it would appear I didn't have AUTOMAKE installed. I installed it, ran the same command and stuff seems to be working.  Smiley

Clearly there's another step as I can't seem to be able to "run" minerd? I assume that I've now configured and/or created the relevant files for the software to work on my platform, however it now needs to be "installed" or similar.

Again, any assistance would be appreciated.
Activity: 39
Seems like most posts here get ignored, so I'll just ask again. Anyone here verified on bittrex and willing to help me buy some coins while I wait for their verification crap to go through? It's been 6 days since they disabled me right after accepting my documents. I don't know what to do since they just don't reply, so I don't want to miss buying some while they're not too expensive.
Seems strange that you don't want to risk using Cryptopia - but you are willing to risk sending money to strangers.

Whoever trades: Make sure you use an escrow service

Risk using Cryptopia how? I use Cryptopia. They don't have the coin I'm looking for right now.

Wondering if you can help me further.  Using git, I have copied down the miner you suggested. I'm now trying to "build" using the correct commands, but I'm having issues:

odroid@odroid:~/m-cpuminer-v2$ ./autogen.sh && ./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=cortex-a15.cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=cortex-a15.cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon" && make
./autogen.sh: 8: ./autogen.sh: aclocal: not found

The instructions on the GiuHub are pretty vauge, however I believe I have selected the right CFLAG options (which I assume I duplicate for CXXFLAGS) for the processor(s) my Odroid XU4 has.

Any ideas?

Ok, so it would appear I didn't have AUTOMAKE installed. I installed it, ran the same command and stuff seems to be working.  Smiley
HODL. Patience.
been mining in a pool lately?

Yeah, I've been mining with LuckyPool for that last few days, but the web interface hasn't said anything about a payout. My confirmed and unconfirmed balance has been the same now for a couple hours.

I'm also mining LuckyPool. There's been no change because there's been no non-Orphaned blocks mined since 00:42AKST. Worry not about hours. Think in days/weeks. Less stress = happy life.
Jump to: