Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 220. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

3) I use the miner in the magi github :
https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-v2/releases
it gives slightly better hash/s than the others listed in my tests.

Wondering if you can help me further.  Using git, I have copied down the miner you suggested. I'm now trying to "build" using the correct commands, but I'm having issues:

odroid@odroid:~/m-cpuminer-v2$ ./autogen.sh && ./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=cortex-a15.cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=cortex-a15.cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon" && make
./autogen.sh: 8: ./autogen.sh: aclocal: not found

The instructions on the GiuHub are pretty vauge, however I believe I have selected the right CFLAG options (which I assume I duplicate for CXXFLAGS) for the processor(s) my Odroid XU4 has.

Any ideas?
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
nope looks like its from a pool mining address, sending out tiny amounts...

been mining in a pool lately?

Yeah, I've been mining with LuckyPool for that last few days, but the web interface hasn't said anything about a payout. My confirmed and unconfirmed balance has been the same now for a couple hours.
Activity: 56
Anyone having issues with bullmining pool? Im getting connection refused over and over.

I can't wait till the HF gets here and m-hash is running again, Im ready for a stable mining pool.
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
I don't know why I keep getting parts of coins in my wallet for no reason, but I'm not complaining. Could someone please help me find the person who did this transaction so I can properly thank them?
Code:
Date: 1/5/2018 07:17
To: 9EHrneQwDFTGVXA7LDFoDhY7DnN8j9Zz1h (own address)
Credit: 0.05620552 XMG
Net amount: +0.05620552 XMG
Transaction ID: 5fe83c99b2c0c318d6a07df43aa43fc78d0f600fd0f850f1285ddfaed0df3e98

Proof of Stake?!
nope looks like its from a pool mining address, sending out tiny amounts...

been mining in a pool lately?
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
I don't know why I keep getting parts of coins in my wallet for no reason, but I'm not complaining. Could someone please help me find the person who did this transaction so I can properly thank them?
Code:
Transaction ID: 5fe83c99b2c0c318d6a07df43aa43fc78d0f600fd0f850f1285ddfaed0df3e98

Proof of Stake?!
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
Code:
Activity: 13
Is there any Intel optimized miner? I am getting kinda low hash rates.
Bittrex is currently updating thier XMG wallet!
"Preparing for hard fork upgrade to v1.4.5.1"
Nice thanks for the update!

Also Magi could use more votes here:
https://feedback.altcoinexchange.com/suggestions/2760/magi-xmg
Did an Upvote!
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Nice thanks for the update!

Also Magi could use more votes here:
https://feedback.altcoinexchange.com/suggestions/2760/magi-xmg
Activity: 48
1606666, almost there!
Haha feels like new years eve all over again - only more exciting!

I so agree!!!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Seems like most posts here get ignored, so I'll just ask again. Anyone here verified on bittrex and willing to help me buy some coins while I wait for their verification crap to go through? It's been 6 days since they disabled me right after accepting my documents. I don't know what to do since they just don't reply, so I don't want to miss buying some while they're not too expensive.
Seems strange that you don't want to risk using Cryptopia - but you are willing to risk sending money to strangers.

Whoever trades: Make sure you use an escrow service
Seems like most posts here get ignored, so I'll just ask again. Anyone here verified on bittrex and willing to help me buy some coins while I wait for their verification crap to go through? It's been 6 days since they disabled me right after accepting my documents. I don't know what to do since they just don't reply, so I don't want to miss buying some while they're not too expensive.
I have a valid bittrex account, so i can help you if somebody else didnt already help you. you can pm me and we swap phone numbers or whatever you want!
Activity: 96
I can. PM via Whatsapp: +2347036206205
Activity: 39

it's because it's using a "Long Term Support" version of the openssl files, Supported till 2019, rather then the latest ones which only have a short 6 to 12 months of support (i think). (Easier for long term stable development). that's why you have to down grade those files.

1) to display all addresses in the wallet:
Code:
magid getaddresses

to generate a new address:
Code:
magid getnewaddress

to show your current balance:
Code:
magid getbalance

for a full list of commands type:
Code:
magid help

to see what a specific command does ( like `getbalance`) use:
Code:
magid help getbalance

2) in `magid getinfo` look for the `blocks:` line that's the current block you've synced to.
check https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/ that will tell you the latest block number.

Many thanks for this. If I had to downgrade the files, I seriously couldn't have got this across the line.

Thanks for all the commands - very helpful. I did run the 'magid help' command and saw a list of all the options, but I wasn't sure what did what.

And thanks for the Miner advise. Appreciated.
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
I wouldn't download it from website for obvious reasons.
They are compiled for either "normal" windows or linux users.
For users with raspberry PI or odroid etc you'll need to compile the program yourself from (github) source.

Not sure what odroid os is using, but would be more or less same as raspberry pi,
you could check
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@gridcat/how-to-install-coin-magi-wallet-on-your-raspberry-pi
for guidance and adjust if needed for your odroid setup

You won't believe it... but I actually got this working. I ignored a lot of the instructions about one of the librarys needing to be downgraded - I assumed that surely these issues would be sorted by now.

However, it appears that I have the Magi Wallet setup!

odroid@odroid:~$ magid getinfo
{
    "version" : "v1.4.5.2",
    "protocolversion" : 71064,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 19712,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "moneysupply" : 1122507.23397985,
    "connections" : 4,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "yadda yadda",
    "ipv4" : "yadda yadda",
    "ipv6" : "yadda yadda",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 2.47041772,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00737125
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1515186515,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

A few questions I do have:
1) How do I know what my wallet address is?
2) How do I know what block I'm currently sync'ed up to?  I really don't want to do much more until this Hard Fork is completed?
3) The next thing to do is to setup a CPU Miner. There seems to be a few "flavors" of miners about - what does everyone seem to be using and why?

it's because it's using a "Long Term Support" version of the openssl files, Supported till 2019, rather then the latest ones which only have a short 6 to 12 months of support (i think). (Easier for long term stable development). that's why you have to down grade those files.

1) to display all addresses in the wallet:
Code:
magid getaddresses

to generate a new address:
Code:
magid getnewaddress

to show your current balance:
Code:
magid getbalance

for a full list of commands type:
Code:
magid help

to see what a specific command does ( like `getbalance`) use:
Code:
magid help getbalance

2) in `magid getinfo` look for the `blocks:` line that's the current block you've synced to.
check https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/ that will tell you the latest block number.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
1606666, almost there!
Haha feels like new years eve all over again - only more exciting!
I wouldn't download it from website for obvious reasons.
They are compiled for either "normal" windows or linux users.
For users with raspberry PI or odroid etc you'll need to compile the program yourself from (github) source.

Not sure what odroid os is using, but would be more or less same as raspberry pi,
you could check
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@gridcat/how-to-install-coin-magi-wallet-on-your-raspberry-pi
for guidance and adjust if needed for your odroid setup

You won't believe it... but I actually got this working. I ignored a lot of the instructions about one of the librarys needing to be downgraded - I assumed that surely these issues would be sorted by now.

However, it appears that I have the Magi Wallet setup!

odroid@odroid:~$ magid getinfo
{
    "version" : "v1.4.5.2",
    "protocolversion" : 71064,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 19712,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "moneysupply" : 1122507.23397985,
    "connections" : 4,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "yadda yadda",
    "ipv4" : "yadda yadda",
    "ipv6" : "yadda yadda",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 2.47041772,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00737125
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1515186515,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

A few questions I do have:
1) How do I know what my wallet address is?
2) How do I know what block I'm currently sync'ed up to?  I really don't want to do much more until this Hard Fork is completed?
3) The next thing to do is to setup a CPU Miner. There seems to be a few "flavors" of miners about - what does everyone seem to be using and why?
Jump to: