Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 252. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Trying to compile on windows, not having any luck.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
I kind of felt the same, but from the idea that when people started discussing the hardfork the price started increasing. I assume people are buying it up in anticipation of the hardfork causing a short lived pump, which of course will be followed by a dump. The price increase is mainly the side effect of a possible
2-3x windfall. Just my opinion though.

Maybe not such a bad assumption at all, we will see what happens after the hardfork.
Activity: 19
Activity: 2
Greetings all, especially dudes and dudettes from Telegram XMG chat Cheesy

while waiting for public tests etc i had some free time to make really simple dashboard where you can monitor your workers and see some coin prices.
Sorry if the code is not looking tidy etc, this was just for fun, but since there is the interest in this, i am posting it here

You just need to change XXX and YYYY from these API endpoints to work for your account
https://xmg.minerclaim.net/index.php?page=api&action=getuserbalance&api_key=XXX&id=YYYY

Top prices table can be changed too, just modify arrays for symbols you want to see Wink

Cheers!

https://i.imgur.com/3LbXgsw.jpg

Code:

function api_get($url,$request=array(),$content='text/xml') {

$curlopt_useragent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)';

$ch curl_init();

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_URL$url);

//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array("Content-Type: $content"));
    //curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, TRUE);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFERTRUE);

//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 10);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEERfalse);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOSTfalse);

//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $request);

$response curl_exec($ch);
    if (
curl_errno($ch)) {
      echo 
'
Curl error: ' 
curl_error($ch) . '
'
;
    }

curl_close($ch);
    return 
json_decode($response,true);
}

$currenciesAPI=array(

'BTC'=>array(

'prices'=>api_get('https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=BTC&tsyms=BTC,USD,EUR'),
        ),

'ETH'=>array(

'prices'=>api_get('https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=ETH&tsyms=BTC,USD,EUR'),
        ),

'OTN'=>array(

'prices'=>api_get('https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=OTN&tsyms=BTC,USD,EUR'),
        ),

'XMG'=>array(

'prices'=>api_get('https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=XMG&tsyms=BTC,USD,EUR'),
        ),
);

$balanceXMG=api_get('https://xmg.minerclaim.net/index.php?page=api&action=getuserbalance&api_key=XXX&id=YYYY');
$workers=api_get('https://xmg.minerclaim.net/index.php?page=api&action=getuserworkers&api_key=XXX&id=YYYY');
$hashrate=api_get('https://xmg.minerclaim.net/index.php?page=api&action=getuserhashrate&api_key=XXX&id=YYYY');

?>

AJ's Crypto Monitor

foreach($currenciesAPI as $key=>$value){

?>

}

?>

Coin SymbolBTCUSDEUR
echo $key;?>echo sprintf('%.8f'$value['prices']['BTC']);?>echo sprintf('%.4f'$value['prices']['USD']);?>echo sprintf('%.4f'$value['prices']['EUR']);?>

//testing online:
                //$workers['getuserworkers']['data'][2]['hashrate']=12.2;

foreach($workers['getuserworkers']['data'] as $w){

?>

echo (($w['hashrate']==0)?' class="bg-warning"':'');?>>

}

?>

WorkerStatusHashrateDifficulty
echo $w['username'];?>echo (($w['hashrate']==0)?' class="bg-danger"':' class="bg-success"');?>>echo (($w['hashrate']==0)?'offline':'online');?>echo $w['hashrate'];?> KH/secho sprintf('%.8f',$w['difficulty']);?>

Activity: 56
Why would the resumption of mining cause the price to dump?
It doesn't, but when the mining stopped the price of XMG started to raise.
This was just a coincidence, I assume.
I guess it had more to do with the price lowering of BTC and people started investing in cryptos again.
There can be a max. of around 8000 XMG mined per day, this will have no influence on the price.

I kind of felt the same, but from the idea that when people started discussing the hardfork the price started increasing. I assume people are buying it up in anticipation of the hardfork causing a short lived pump, which of course will be followed by a dump. The price increase is mainly the side effect of a possible
2-3x windfall. Just my opinion though.
Activity: 10
I was wondering if there was a perceived lack of supply, which caused the price to go up. People are weird.  

One thing I have noticed, is that XMG holds up quite well when BTC goes up, most other coins seem quite sensitive to that and crash.
legendary
It doesn't, but when the mining stopped the price of XMG started to raise.
This was just a coincidence, I assume.
I guess it had more to do with the price lowering of BTC and people started investing in cryptos again.
There can be a max. of around 8000 XMG mined per day, this will have no influence on the price.
Activity: 10
legendary

Please wait a little longer.... Magi at bittrex is alive and kicking now.
When the mining starts again I expect a real MOAD. (Mother Of All Dumps)

Their is a joke about how much I've eaten the past few days there...

But I'm gonna keep it classy and not tell it Wink lol!
You mean during your Christmas dinner?🙈
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

Their is a joke about how much I've eaten the past few days there...

But I'm gonna keep it classy and not tell it Wink lol!
legendary
Public test will be released with coming post from Joe.
If the results are good hardfork will be released!
legendary
when is the hardfork expected to take place? would it be hours? days? weeks? moths?
considering temporarily mining something else as well. hoping to find out whether or not it is worth the trouble
We dont like to rush our dev's but personal i think max 48 hours! In the end dev's will give the info!
Activity: 86

We dont like to rush our dev's but personal i think max 48 hours! In the end dev's will give the info!

Good to know. Only five days left to the end of 2017.
After the Hardfork would Magi be divided in 2 coins? (Like those forks which occurred with Bitcoin & Ethereum?)
No, there will be no services that will keep the old chain going - all that will happen is that magi clients will be updated and running on the updated wallet. It happened a few times in the past,

If people still run the old version of the wallet - they will effectively keep the old chain running - but there will be nothing to do with it as no exchanges etc will be working with that version - coins will not be lost - people will just need to update their magi client.

Thank you
legendary
when is the hardfork expected to take place? would it be hours? days? weeks? moths?
considering temporarily mining something else as well. hoping to find out whether or not it is worth the trouble
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
After the Hardfork would Magi be divided in 2 coins? (Like those forks which occurred with Bitcoin & Ethereum?)
No, there will be no services that will keep the old chain going - all that will happen is that magi clients will be updated and running on the updated wallet. It happened a few times in the past,

If people still run the old version of the wallet - they will effectively keep the old chain running - but there will be nothing to do with it as no exchanges etc will be working with that version - coins will not be lost - people will just need to update their magi client.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Hey, new owners of what?
magic111 is talking about Nova Exchange - currently there is not much going on there as they are changing ownership - I've pulled all my liquidity offline until they have migrated.
Discussions with new owners are going well and it seems very likely that there will be a simple way to migrate from old site to new site (same domain, just new management). Hopefully this will be ready around February 2018. More information will be published as soon as we know more.

---------------------- 
Above some info from Novaexchange.
Thought they would close the exchange but seems to be different. Magi XMG is still there, but without volume yet.
Good to know that if you use Novaexchange you can trade XMG there also. Somebody tested this lately?
https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XMG/
But it might be better after the hardfork or try with small amounts!

Hey, new owners of what?

I have some question about the Hardfork
I've just recently began to mine Magi in the Pom.m-hash pool and I haven't received the first payment, where would go that credit?
and finally, if a division occurred, how you choose with coin to mine?

Thank you
Jump to: