Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 296. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Need Spanish translation?

Sorry for the bad English. Could you answer the question?

Very doubtful. I've got 18 6-core Opterons @ 2.4Ghz and I get about 12-15 coins on most days. A Pi or an Android ain't gonna get much.

What's your hashrate with this?

About 1 megahash total.

Well, if 18 6-core Opterons run with 1000 KH/s, each one of them should run with ~56 KH/s. It's ten times my Pi3 hashrate (5.6 KH/s).

If you make 15 coins in a day, each 6-core Opteron should make 0.8 XMG. I made ~0.09 XMG with my Pi3 in my first day mining. Your numbers are consistent with my results and the guy's video seems to be very unrealistic. Big thanks!

Check the videos date. If it's a few years old, it could be quite accurate.

BTW, about mining with a Pi. Make sure you add a heatsink and check cpu temp with command "/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp" (without quotes) every few minutes for the 1st hour or so. Otherwise you may end up with burnt PI.

The temp varies between 77ºC and 80ºC while mining. Is that risky?
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
DOGEvangelist

Very doubtful. I've got 18 6-core Opterons @ 2.4Ghz and I get about 12-15 coins on most days. A Pi or an Android ain't gonna get much.

About 1 megahash total.

Well, if 18 6-core Opterons run with 1000 KH/s, each one of them should run with ~56 KH/s. It's ten times my Pi3 hashrate (5.6 KH/s).

If you make 15 coins in a day, each 6-core Opteron should make 0.8 XMG. I made ~0.09 XMG with my Pi3 in my first day mining. Your numbers are consistent with my results and the guy's video seems to be very unrealistic. Big thanks!

Check the videos date. If it's a few years old, it could be quite accurate.

BTW, about mining with a Pi. Make sure you add a heatsink and check cpu temp with command "/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp" (without quotes) every few minutes for the 1st hour or so. Otherwise you may end up with burnt PI.

About 1 megahash total.

DOGEvangelist

About 1 megahash total.

DOGEvangelist

Activity: 56
Hi all. Please tell me how to config for CPUs in order to mine the coin. Thanks all
How do you mine the coin with CPU, you will need very powerfull cpu i guess to mine some coin. This was one the first coin i got when i started with crypto and still love this coin!
I'm just mining with an i7 at the moment - I don't earn too much via mining just a few magi a week - but something is better than nothing. I get much more through trading and staking these days...

https://www.novaspirit.com/2017/10/19/crypto-mining-sbc/

The guy of the link above claims it's possible to make 1 coin per day mining with a Raspberry Pi 3. Is that even possible? On my first day mining in suprnova pool with a Pi3 I could only make 0.1 XMG or a bit less with a 5.6 khs hashrate.
Activity: 31
Hi,
Is there any console wallet for magi?
I tried with magid but it seems to be some kind of deamon.

Thanks
Magid is indeed the daemon, the GUI file is called m-wallet. The m-wallet doesn't run in console though, I'm not sure if there is a cli wallet.
legendary
Activity: 895
Merit: 1001
i am really glad to see dev still active in here , XMG will have a great future , this coin have already 3 years old

i even remenber at the first time i use my personal computer  mining XMG
Activity: 12
good project, I will follow it more near
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Hi,

Thanks

I think that's it

you'd run it somehting like

Code:
$ magid -daemon (start daemon)
$ magicoind listreceivedbyaddress   
$ magid getbalance

note: didn't try this myself before - I always used the GUI
jbi
Activity: 1
Hi,

Thanks
legendary
** just to clarify: nobody will care about magi as the miners trading in coins generate the spikes that get people trading...if nobody is mining any magi worth noting there is no selling and no spikes (and no "spikes" that are really just fluctuations in BTC value arent spikes regardless of what a chart looks like, it was the 20-33c value spiking back when magi was delivering moderate mining rewards that pushed the coin up)

That spike was in the time you could not send your coins into Bittrex, because of the forking problem.
After this was solved and the trading started again the price only lowers and no big spikes came along anymore.
So I don't think these spikes had to do with the mining rewards. (unless it attracted more people to invest in Magi)

I didn't see any clearly obvious mining dumps for a while - when the market cap was $40,000, miners dumping could easily take 10-20% off the price. Good trading back then.

EDIT: I think the mining rewards are much more evenly distributed these days
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
** just to clarify: nobody will care about magi as the miners trading in coins generate the spikes that get people trading...if nobody is mining any magi worth noting there is no selling and no spikes (and no "spikes" that are really just fluctuations in BTC value arent spikes regardless of what a chart looks like, it was the 20-33c value spiking back when magi was delivering moderate mining rewards that pushed the coin up)

That spike was in the time you could not send your coins into Bittrex, because of the forking problem.
After this was solved and the trading started again the price only lowers and no big spikes came along anymore.
So I don't think these spikes had to do with the mining rewards. (unless it attracted more people to invest in Magi)

legendary
I agree with you a little. I think not only the mining & rewards will give more trading volume. Articles, new services & developments will give Magi more volume.
Magi has a unique community what could give Magi a huge boost if we all work together and use eachothers contacts. It might take time but Magi will achieve that and continues working on awesome future.

get a life, man. who cares about magi community?! magi is currently at 5-months low with unprofitable mining or staking. no future there, no matter how many people you welcome into the community (lol)

Check out the price of the coin last October - volume, cap and price are way up - this coin has come a long way in 12 months. Its only natural that there is a bit of correction in a global alt bear period
Activity: 14
Could someone explain to me how I do and what I need to get into a mining pool, as it is: https://pool.nosekefik.com/explorer/XMG.

I already have some concepts about MN, but I have not practiced for lack of money yet. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 17
I agree with you a little. I think not only the mining & rewards will give more trading volume. Articles, new services & developments will give Magi more volume.
Magi has a unique community what could give Magi a huge boost if we all work together and use eachothers contacts. It might take time but Magi will achieve that and continues working on awesome future.

get a life, man. who cares about magi community?! magi is currently at 5-months low with unprofitable mining or staking. no future there, no matter how many people you welcome into the community (lol)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
They need to fix the rewards for trading volume to grow, the community are primarily holders its people mining the coin on potential that are the ones that push trading, a 25c coin is never going to see real trading without a constant influx of mined coins being traded for BTC

a month ago xmg was actually profitable to mine, i was making around $2.50 a day with 5 computers that were just idle mining magi...thats half of what a 6 card gtx 1060 zcash miner makes. So people can mine 100-500 magi in a reasonable amount of time and sell it on rex and get the coin moving. While you need 5 computers and 2 weeks to mine 10 coins nobody is going to care about magi

Jump to: