Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 374. (Read 2375631 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 100
Understand what you mean. At this moment the first tests are looking good. But before bringing Magi 100% back its must be for sure that the fix is perfect. Magi learned from a fast fix and will not make that mistake again.
Magi dev is doing what he can and needs to have faith in the fix so it will not happen again.
It will not take months thats for sure!

Thank you Magic for the latest stats. Indeed, this time need to be perfect, otherwise Magi is at a great risk of being unlisted from the exchanges.
Meanwhile, getting some crumbs while exercising mining skills Smiley Any thoughts about recent events from China and South Korea regarding ICO regulation?
It looks anyway that bitcoins stops from falling at ~3600.
Activity: 224
It would be gerat if devs define terms what they need to bring transfers back to life, at least like some weeks(s) or month(s).
Not talking about precise ETA but some info/updates would be appreciated.
Understand what you mean. At this moment the first tests are looking good. But before bringing Magi 100% back its must be for sure that the fix is perfect. Magi learned from a fast fix and will not make that mistake again.
Magi dev is doing what he can and needs to have faith in the fix so it will not happen again.

Excellent.. thanks
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
It would be gerat if devs define terms what they need to bring transfers back to life, at least like some weeks(s) or month(s).
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Activity: 142
HR:
A BTC airdrop? Take a snapshot and give one XMG for every BTC? That would be a huge publicity stunt ...

I just got one - bhc cash or something...
as soon I got those free coins I dumped those and never gonna touch that btc-cash crap again!

So, I think, that's not a very good idea...
Activity: 5
Still waiting for tve activation and trading since 22th of last month.  Sad and do not know til when.
Activity: 224
Can you allow to trade XMG the wallet seems to be fixed we need to trade
The wallet is NOT fixed, until Joe says it's fixed.
We now use a temporary wallet with only one peer/node.
Hopefully the new wallet will come soon.
After that you can use the exchanges to buy more of your favorite coin and put them in your wallet to stake!
Tic Tac....
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Saturday afternoon, relaxing with a good beer, and asking myself: why not just junk the POW?

AMEN brotha Smiley I've been askin myself that too

It's very simple, dudes.
There are few easy stages that will follow: 1) thousands past miners who want to sell Magi junked; 2) all exchanges junk the Magi due to low volume; 3) Magi junked at all.
Do you want this scenario for Magi?
I do not.
In my opinion, Magi is more about giving the smaller players a chance - if we go PoS only, it'll give proportionally more to the people who already have a lot (maybe they have to run a few extra wallets for this if there is a reduction in % based on balance), PoW under XMG is a great way for new people to get a foot in the door of crypto and try some mining. Yes, its being exploited now by a couple of big players - however if we can dampen that exploit a little I think we could attract a lot of fresh blood into the community which will be a driver for longer term value and enable more liquiduty on the markets.

I understand and appreciate what you're saying starmman, but is it really worth it? The ROI on mining? Is it the same that you'd get if you just took your money to the open market to buy? (And this is not to say anything about how exchange only acquisition would help to bolster exchange volume.)

As far as distribution goes, Magi is one of the most evenly distributed coins out there. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/#!rich

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not pushing anything here, just suggesting, and inviting healthy debate. What is the return on mining compared to just buying on the open market? Magi has risen an average of $.0010143 USD a day since January, or about 3 cents a month for each Magi. Is mining equally profitable? Considering that Magi will only have a total supply of 25 million, there's a lot more growth coming. I'm speaking from personal experience here, not with CPU, but with ASIC. I bought Baikal miners with 1/2 of my investment in January, and directly invested the other half. I've got more than a 80x on the direct buy, and less than a 20x on the miners - biggest mistake of my life.  Sad  And with CPU mining and its botnets, and other issues, man, I don't know, seems like a lose-lose to me, but I'll keep an open mind to what everyone here has to say.

Another matter that would have to be addressed would be the 18 million remaining coins still to be issued. That's a bit more difficult to deal with. A BTC airdrop? Take a snapshot and give one XMG for every BTC? That would be a huge publicity stunt ...

Just throwing this stuff out there for everyone to think about.

Cheers

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
After that you can use the exchanges to buy more of your favorite coin and put them in your wallet to stake!

Ok but I dont stake coins I trade buy and sell so you see this is not good because I cant use XMG anymore to sell and buy

I'm mostly trading too, but staking a bit - profits for Magi are down a bit - but I have confidence that there will be a bit more volatility once we are back up again.
Activity: 10

Ok but I dont stake coins I trade buy and sell so you see this is not good because I cant use XMG anymore to sell and buy
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
legendary
This wallet seems to be fixed and working okay now, does anyone know how much longer the exchange wallets will be in maintenance for? Thanks
As far as I am aware, the current fix is a temporary one since most people are connecting to just one node - I think we are waiting for a new version to be released before the wallets in exchanges are activated again
Activity: 10
Activity: 288
This wallet seems to be fixed and working okay now, does anyone know how much longer the exchange wallets will be in maintenance for? Thanks
legendary
Nice to hear that Magi likely wasn't under attack - most likely just a lack of due diligence

Seems to be a big drop in crypto today, magi not so badly affected (as usual), any idea what is causing the drop?

china prohibe ICO !! Shocked
I didn't hear of that - I must be looking in the wrong place for news =)
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Nice to hear that Magi likely wasn't under attack - most likely just a lack of due diligence
Seems to be a big drop in crypto today, magi not so badly affected (as usual), any idea what is causing the drop?
Well I see big red candles on XMG today.

Today all in red!!  (my ass no.... Wink )
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Well I see big red candles on XMG today.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1

china prohibe ICO !! Shocked
legendary

Activity: 73
Hello everyone,

I have been mining magi since 2 months till I stopped about the time the problems happened.

After that I came to this post and realized i was just killing the network.

I was new to mining and XMG was the first coin that came up when I googled CPU mine able coins.

I have access to about 60 I7 machines and 6 16 core Xeon servers and I was mining at them 24 / 7 (we don't have electricity bills in the country I am in).

I made about 5500 XMG in one month and in the fork problems I also lost a lot of coins.

I had no idea that putting in more PCs will simply reduce the reward as I was too lazy to come here and read first.

Now I have just put 10 PCs for XMG (2 hours a day) and remaining are mining VRM (6 hours a day) only.

Sorry people.

We appreciate the apology.
Thanks for your post huz_akh Good thing you posted this here. Welcome in our strong & friendly Magi community.
Speedyb also welcome & pls read the OP. (Post 1)

Damn, I talk about non-informed about non-linear reward miners, but all talks pmks are just a troll and everyone know about magi reward model.

Damn, pool owners, you have big hashers emails, just inform miners about reward system, about reward drop after 60 MH/s net hashrate. It's a much more right strategy, then ban scripts. From big miners POV, who dont know about reward drop, you are moronic communists.

First time I also knew nothing about magi reward system. I really thought magi reward model is linear, like other coins. I thought 10x drops with ~constant hashrate is a pool "hacks", cheating and fraud. I even thought about solo mining as a way to avoid pool "cheating", because I found only tips like "If you dont trust pool stats, just mine solo or create your own pool"

Put info about reward model in the first line of the first post, at every pool, send emails to miners. Simple matter, isnt it?
Jump to: