Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 375. (Read 2375631 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
why magi cannot deposit to market
bittrex yobbit and nova
Its a request from the devs - the chain was forking which was causing a lot of maintenance for the exchanges - when Joe is happy with the status / found a fix I'm sure he will post here - watch this space =)
Activity: 541
Merit: 100
why magi cannot deposit to market
bittrex yobbit and nova
legendary
I have access to about 60 I7 machines and 6 16 core Xeon servers and I was mining at them 24 / 7 (we don't have electricity bills in the country I am in).

Why don't you have electricity bills, and what country are you from?
We pay in the Netherlands 25 cent for every Kwh.
I know Qatar has free electricity - not sure about anywhere else =)
so that's the reason why a friend of mine planning to build his rig since its a free electricity in that country he's an OFW so  he told me
about this plan and ask me if I also wanted to invest with his rig now I understand I will ask him to check this coin and see if we can see some
good gain after.

Magi is not a good coin for mass/bulk mining as the rewards drop as hash increases - your friend would likely make better profits mining something like Monero

Good to just have a few magi nodes in the mix to keep the rate down
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
I have access to about 60 I7 machines and 6 16 core Xeon servers and I was mining at them 24 / 7 (we don't have electricity bills in the country I am in).

so that's the reason why a friend of mine planning to build his rig since its a free electricity in that country he's an OFW so  he told me
about this plan and ask me if I also wanted to invest with his rig now I understand I will ask him to check this coin and see if we can see some
good gain after.
Activity: 616
There are no taxes, the government is taking the burden of producing electricity and sparing the residents from its price.

There is electricity bill but its about 0.4 cents KWH which is included in the rent.

So you use it as much as you want or not at all, it doesn't matter.

The computers that I am mining on are free 24 / 7 as the department has closed.

If I use all computers after office hours I can mine on 1200 (ofcourse all are not i7's , its mix of i3's, i5's and i7's)

Sometimes I wonder how much XMG and VRM I can make if I use all at once !

I am mining only as a curiosity of what all this bitcoin fuzz is all about not as an earning.

Thanks.

Let us know how it goes. Having so many computers in hand is very hard to manage all of them.
Better use only i7 and eventually i5. Don't know much about VRM but with Magi is way too much CPU power.

Activity: 728
Merit: 106
In reply to my previous post and following comments:

CPU miner meaning us - the people. Not talking about software! Karbowanec is a CPU only mined coin just as MAGI is supposed to be.

The problem? Huge Bot-nets, server farms, illegal workplace nets and anyone else with more than a one or two home computers.

Setting Pool rules doesn't help as many of the high KH/S users are indeed the pool owners (referring to other coins since I don't use MAGI - no offense meant to pool owners on this thread!)
Oh and you really hope to get rich without any efforts/investments, just mine with home PC?
It is market economy. It is impossible to get 1000$/month per 1CPU. If the coin is more profitable to mine than other coins, than someone sooner or later will come and drop the profitability to/below average level.
So, there are 2 types of investments.
1) Hardware/software
2) Your time, effort, luck to search and find most profitable coins to mine.

So, if you sit still on your ass than it is normal to earn 1 cent in 2 days.
Activity: 728
Merit: 106

In exUSSR countries sysops usually don't pay for electricity and mine without permission. Some sort of extra salary Wink
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

(actually the price is 5 cent, plus 20 cent taxes, for environment  Huh)
legendary
Hello everyone,

I have been mining magi since 2 months till I stopped about the time the problems happened.

After that I came to this post and realized i was just killing the network.

I was new to mining and XMG was the first coin that came up when I googled CPU mine able coins.

I made about 5500 XMG in one month and in the fork problems I also lost a lot of coins.

I had no idea that putting in more PCs will simply reduce the reward as I was too lazy to come here and read first.

Now I have just put 10 PCs for XMG (2 hours a day) and remaining are mining VRM (6 hours a day) only.

Sorry people.

Thanks for reading up and taking action =) And welcome to the community
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
is this magi coin is it a scrypt coin? is it at all profitable on a CPU? as my gpus are already in use?

this coin doesn't use scrypt, it uses m7m which is cpu-only.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Hello everyone,

I have been mining magi since 2 months till I stopped about the time the problems happened.

I was new to mining and XMG was the first coin that came up when I googled CPU mine able coins.

I made about 5500 XMG in one month and in the fork problems I also lost a lot of coins.

I had no idea that putting in more PCs will simply reduce the reward as I was too lazy to come here and read first.

Now I have just put 10 PCs for XMG (2 hours a day) and remaining are mining VRM (6 hours a day) only.

Sorry people.

We appreciate the apology.
Thanks for your post huz_akh Good thing you posted this here. Welcome in our strong & friendly Magi community.
Speedyb also welcome & pls read the OP. (Post 1)
Activity: 203
is this magi coin is it a scrypt coin? is it at all profitable on a CPU? as my gpus are already in use?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I am happy that it seems we have not seen more forks.  I hope that issue is resolved permanently!

2 questions:  First, my wallet does not seem to be staking anymore.  Any suggestions on this?  My posii is set to 1.  Second, is there a way to purge bad transactions that were sent to my wallet from a forked chain?  they will never clear, and I am just tired of seeing it listed as unconfirmed.

Thanks!
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Hello everyone,

Sorry people.

Thanks for curtailing the nodes.
Activity: 196
Hello everyone,

Sorry people.

We appreciate the apology.
Activity: 616
About 10 days since last wallet update. To me it looks pretty stable, no more forks. Is it safe to say to the exchanges to go with it?
Sorry, I was a little bit busy in the last couple of days and didn't have time to follow this thread properly.
Or is it another solution to come back on trading?
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Once in a while I got staking blocks, which stay unconfirmed?
Who knows why this happens?

(This already happpens for three years now, it's nothing new)
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
minerclaim.net of course replied to my request to deal with an unauthorized transfer of 43 coins.
But the compensation of 6 coins, it looks soft to say so-so. But even so, than in any way.

minerclaim.net I thank them for their response and coins.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I have been waiting to try mining MAGI for several weeks now but there's always something wrong. I'm sick of downloading unusable wallets and blockchains. Now the discussion seems to be focused on the big Khash users. Let me tell you that this isn't just a MAGI problem! Every CPU mined coin I've tried has the same problem. I'm currently mining Karbowanec on a pool that normally has just 6 to 10 active miners, and a "rule" that states 30 to 50 H/S max. So it's hashrate is often over 2 Khash! My 15 H/S makes a return of one cent every two days!

The point is that Every CPU miner needs a fix! I sincerely hope that this community and developers can find a way to address the problem of high hashrate users and give us small guys a chance again. MAGI could lead the world if it fixes this problem.

I'm not following you here, what does Karbowanec have to do with magi?

What kind fix is needed for every cpu miner? Every CPU miner should be optimized to run att full speed with so many cals per second as your CPU allows it.

Then you need to configure the miner to work with the optimal speed for that coin.
Jump to: