Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 423. (Read 2375636 times)

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Just stop call it rollback, simple know that in block #1450090 chain ALREADY stoped) And all after this block exist only for test.

Its a rollback.  Take a look at all of these trades:  https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG   Now tell me what happens to all of those trades from the last 2 days.  They completely disappear.  Imagine spending .25 bitcoin on XMG, you lose both your bitcoin and your XMG!  And in some circumstances, the buyer will get their XMG back.   $80,000 worth of XMG was traded on a single exchange in one day alone.  Mining on the wrong fork for a day is minor compared to the losses that will build on the exchange
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

STAKE COINS swap project.
You stake TALK. We stake your coin.
Why?
More nodes the better!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21126767

Either way stop by and promote your POS coin.
--

sidenote; what;s the deal with XMG all the exchanges are maintenance
"by request of DEV"
so new code?

swing by the above TALK thread give us the low down Wink
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
in solo mining,  where i have to put/configure wallet adress?  command?
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Just stop call it rollback, simple know that in block #1450090 chain ALREADY stoped) And all after this block exist only for test.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Im here since 2013 being a miner and i think this

rollback its not the best solution,

I am a DBA and developper (IT)

DB can't be rollerback, only when is extremely necessary, this time it is not, devs can adjust the chain to be consistent  and use a private network to test their fixes, not test it in production !!

Devs need to garantee the DB integrity stinking to only one actual blockchain (called the oficcial one)

I vote for no rollback.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
crumbcoin XD  Grin hint hint make a new coin Cheesy
Activity: 9
To spell it out clearly, a trade made with coins now would be rolled back and reappear magically in your wallet and disappear in some other wallet if the rollback happens, yes?

When I trade on bittrex to sell XMG for BTC and buy another coin with these BTC, this will never be rolled back.
Only coins getting in and out your own wallet will be rolled back.

I just want samething is good for XMG's future.
Activity: 575
Merit: 502
I have 120 computers in the communications center. Can I run them in solo?

Of course, no problem, let's burn the hell out of them.
..... or maybe better read a few posts before.

We need to understand why this coin was created and was created.
I do not want 10 people to have everything and the rest to pick crumbs.
119 computers are well aligned to CryptoNight and 1 computer wants to extract XMG.

Sorry for my English. I hope the meaning is clear.

With 120 computers mining XMG everyone (even you) would be getting crumbs Smiley

120 crumbs = a hill. Wink

nope just a bigger crum
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

what about linux wallet.. the version 1.4.2 is ready?
Activity: 42

119 computers are well aligned to CryptoNight and 1 computer wants to extract XMG.

With 120 computers mining XMG everyone (even you) would be getting crumbs Smiley

120 crumbs = a hill. Wink

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

To spell it out clearly, a trade made with coins now would be rolled back and reappear magically in your wallet and disappear in some other wallet if the rollback happens, yes?

When I trade on bittrex to sell XMG for BTC and buy another coin with these BTC, this will never be rolled back.

LOL, meaning the person you sold the XMG to will get screwed.  I don't know what actions cause a coin to get delisted, but I'm assuming if a large amount of XMG suddenly disappeared from wallets in Bittrex, the results would not be good.
I vote for no rollback.
Current chain on 104.128.225.215 is perfectly valid and one should stick to the immutability of the blockchain as much as possible.
We could argue the chain is "not fair", but actually same rules applied to everyone. No group had explicit benefit, it was a matter of luck, of sticking to the "right" fork.
We have seen rollbacks in the past for other coins, but usually they were due to serious matters (e.g. ETH vs ETC), and still these were not without drawbacks.
I don't see why we should choose a rollback rather than no rollback in this case.
Some people had some benefit? Sure did. But they also risked their hashing power with a possible zero result in the end.
And what is a week or two or three in mining for a coin with three years of mining history? Do we really need to take such measures?
And what about other people who were (or still are) unaware there is a problem with the chain but happen to be on the right one? It won't be fair for them either.
And possible transactions made around but right after the "rollback threshold"? Rolled back. Fair to whom?
So, rolling back is choosing "fair approach #1" versus "fair approach #2", namely "fair for miners" instead of "fair for users".

In this case, I'd choose to keep the blockchain as "immutable" as possible: no rollback, keep the chain on 104.128.225.215, the current "main peer".
This is just my opinion.

I also vote no rollback and agree with this post completely.  Maybe I would change my mind if the dev would explain the purpose for the rollback, but I haven't really seen a compelling explanation.   If the rollback comes after the technical fix, I assume testing this fix will involve mining and staking?    Using a rollback in the name of fairness makes no sense.  The people who were mining on incorrect forks won't gain any coins.  And the people who were mining on the correct fork (and possibly oblivious to all of this) will have coins they rightfully mined and staked taken away.  Sounds like a lose-lose to me.  Furthermore, if a coin is going to succeed, communication can't live and die on bitcoin forum.  This info should have been posted on the main website right away.  Imagine someone getting paid for something in Magi today, and then in 2 weeks suddenly their funds disappear because we rolled back.  Unless they happened to read the last 30 pages of an 800+ page thread about issues they would be clueless.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

Activity: 57

This seems acceptable. Although I wouldn't remove PoW altogether (we need it for testing the fix and move the chain), I would deem the block reward unprofitable for mining but still above dust level (say 0.1 XMG?). I just fear this may complicate things a bit for the next releases.
I still dislike the idea of a rollback.

That sounds like a great idea
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
As I have said previously I think PoW rewards should be set to zero or removed as soon as possible until things are fixed.  This would be a clear message to stop PoW mining.

I think a rollback at this point is a bad idea.  Just because the main exchanges are closed does not mean that people are not trading.  Not everyone reads this forum.  The exchanges are showing a publicly traded price that people are expecting.  Say, anyone want to trade XMG right now for maybe 2500 sat?  Half off, today only, better get it while it is hot.  LOL.  (Just kidding!)

This seems acceptable. Although I wouldn't remove PoW altogether (we need it for testing the fix and move the chain), I would deem the block reward unprofitable for mining but still above dust level (say 0.1 XMG?). I just fear this may complicate things a bit for the next releases.
I still dislike the idea of a rollback.
Activity: 57
As I have said previously I think PoW rewards should be set to zero or removed as soon as possible until things are fixed.  This would be a clear message to stop PoW mining.

I think a rollback at this point is a bad idea.  Just because the main exchanges are closed does not mean that people are not trading.  Not everyone reads this forum.  The exchanges are showing a publicly traded price that people are expecting.  Say, anyone want to trade XMG right now for maybe 2500 sat?  Half off, today only, better get it while it is hot.  LOL.  (Just kidding!)

Makes sense to me.

Whats to stop me or anybody else from firing up a GPU and mine with more than a CPU at the moment.

Another issue I see is the lack of centralized updates.  I went to the Twitter account listed on the 1st page and I "think" I hit an old twitter account as there is another similar named account with updated information..Huh
Jump to: