Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 425. (Read 2375636 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 100
is anyone against a rollback???

A blockchain[1][2][3] – originally block chain[4][5] – is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.[1][6] Each block contains typically a hash pointer as a link to a previous block,[6] a timestamp and transaction data.[7] By design, blockchains are inherently resistant to modification of the data.
---wikipedia
Activity: 239
is anyone against a rollback???
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Should'nt there be a warning sent out to users that dosen't read/use this forum? eg on the website before announcing a rollback. So they have a chance so shut down their mining else it would be a huge loss for some of them. - thats just my opinion.

Have to agree here not everyone is reading these forums, Hell most of the links on the website point to older wallets. the chain has been chugging along fine the last X hours for some so the could not know anything. anything other then a future rollback point which is announced everywhere not just here in a single response of 800+ comments. Even though the exchange might be offline people could still be doing transactions.
As Magi knows more details i will try to reach as much people i can with different forums, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, trollboxen from the different exchanges and other social media.

To make things clear for people: hold with transactions until updates are released!!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
@malafaya, please remove quote text, that's useles to quote directly on next post. thank you.

sorry, did not know that. all our nodes are @1451367 now, where is 104.128.225.215?

got it: 104. is @1450926

shutting down all nodes...
Activity: 490
Merit: 256

Mind that poolinfo.systms.org and 104.128.225.215 are currently on different chains. Not sure if that's what you want to test.
magi.conf

Code:
banscore=500
maxconnections=128
connect=104.128.225.215

add following to enable staking:

Code:
staking=1
posii=1
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Should'nt there be a warning sent out to users that dosen't read/use this forum? eg on the website before announcing a rollback. So they have a chance so shut down their mining else it would be a huge loss for some of them. - thats just my opinion.

Have to agree here not everyone is reading these forums, Hell most of the links on the website point to older wallets. the chain has been chugging along fine the last X hours for some so the could not know anything. anything other then a future rollback point which is announced everywhere not just here in a single response of 800+ comments. Even though the exchange might be offline people could still be doing transactions.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Since all pools are down that i know of, solomining would be the only way to go right now.

Joe is talking about a rollback (see couple of posts above). Solo mining in this moment is waste of energy. Better wait until the situation will be clarified. I have the feeling that it'll be sorted very soon, community is helping.

I know, was asking if people would like to test my theory - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21124786
Activity: 81
@devs

if you rollback after weeks, your coin is dead!

The thing is that rollback has to be after fix, and fix needs to verify. We surely try to make it happen ASAP. Let me know your suggestions.

I support dev, coin will dead if we will not do anything.
Me to
Activity: 194
Activity: 616
Since all pools are down that i know of, solomining would be the only way to go right now.

Joe is talking about a rollback (see couple of posts above). Solo mining in this moment is waste of energy. Better wait until the situation will be clarified. I have the feeling that it'll be sorted very soon, community is helping.
At this point I was looking at how many times i got peers disconnected due to ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-work.
The proper chain told poolinfo that this is the block 10 times and actually disconnected and banned all 10 peers telling poolinfo about the proper block.

So to test my theory out, I increased banscore in magi.conf to 500 with

Code:
banscore=500

The debug log dropped from ~620MB to ~62MB in size (about the same running time +- a few hrs) + was able to recover from when poolinfo got invalid blocks.
I've seen in poolinfo logs block that was accepted but later on ORPHAN because the right chain was presented to poolinfo and thus got back on the right track.

So if you like to test this too, add this to
magi.conf
Code:
banscore=500
You might need to resync the chain if you are on a fork.

To test this properly, we are going to need to mine it. Anyone willing to try this out?

I'll throw some hashes that way to test. Where do you want it to go? Not that I have a whole lot, I think it was around 1 or 2 Mhs. I'm sure zpool would love to jump on that testing train with you. They've been adding and removing m7m the past few days constantly.

Activity: 168
@devs

The thing is that rollback has to be after fix, and fix needs to verify. We surely try to make it happen ASAP. Let me know your suggestions.

I support dev, coin will dead if we will not do anything.
Activity: 276
That is the reason why I've send all my miners to my own wallet and created my own small pool to just keep mining. Don't care if it's going to be roll back or not. My wallets are on same chain as https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/ and https://poolinfo.systms.org/ and I can see found blocks confirmed and created.

Will see what will happen.
Either way, feel free to use mine as long as it will keep running...
http://h2701744.stratoserver.net:85/

your pools offline, you went scamming with the coins? more than 120 blocks generated with you.

Nope. Just fixed the daemon. Wasn't reporting confirms. Now running again
Activity: 196
At this point I was looking at how many times i got peers disconnected due to ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-work.
The proper chain told poolinfo that this is the block 10 times and actually disconnected and banned all 10 peers telling poolinfo about the proper block.

So to test my theory out, I increased banscore in magi.conf to 500 with

Code:
banscore=500

The debug log dropped from ~620MB to ~62MB in size (about the same running time +- a few hrs) + was able to recover from when poolinfo got invalid blocks.
I've seen in poolinfo logs block that was accepted but later on ORPHAN because the right chain was presented to poolinfo and thus got back on the right track.

So if you like to test this too, add this to
magi.conf
Code:
banscore=500
You might need to resync the chain if you are on a fork.

To test this properly, we are going to need to mine it. Anyone willing to try this out?

I'll throw some hashes that way to test. Where do you want it to go? Not that I have a whole lot, I think it was around 1 or 2 Mhs. I'm sure zpool would love to jump on that testing train with you. They've been adding and removing m7m the past few days constantly.
Activity: 41
Mining at Suprnova is not working for me using the Magi minner. Anybody else having this issue?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
@devs

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
@devs

Understand what you mean! Thanks  Smiley
@devs

Long post

Same as my findings as well (except the banscore which I didn't play with), already reported to devs.

Alright, increasing banscore isn't really a fix but a way to test this out to narrow down the real problem and then fix it.

I increased the banscore to 500 just to give it a try. Trying to re-synch starting with last official blockchain.
I now get the "trusted" peer (104......) to send me an invalid block (prevHash seems unknown to the chain, too little proof of work) on exactly every 500 blocks. Only by restarting the wallet it gets back on track receiving the right block from the same peer.
Curiously enough, this 501st block which is invalid seems to follow a parallel chain because it seems to link to the invalid block of the previous wallet restart (its prevHash corresponds to the hash of the invalid block received in the previous run)... very intriguing. Theses hashes are not found at CryptoID explorer.

Intresting, did the same as you on my personal wallet and with banscore set to 500 and no issue what so ever on that. Only thing i saw was some peers sending invalid blocks but those where discarded properly.
Jump to: