Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 447. (Read 2375638 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
Is proof of stake not working at the moment? My wallet's resync'd and unlocked and set for staking yet it says "Not staking"
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Hello Magi community!

I love the community behind this coin... although most of this "basic" coding is above my head I have been trying to sync the wallet.

As I'm reading, its obvious updates are coming out often.  I tested out the Magi Core version v1.3.1.0 (64-bit) and it is not synced, as i've been reading we should do some changes with the coding?  I put that on the back burner for a few days after I sent a few coins to the wallet from bitter to test the wallet.  Of course they haven't shown up because its far behind on the chain.

Will downloading the newest wallet help me with this matter?

Should a noob such as me wait for some time until the wallet becomes better suited for someone as remedial as myself?  Cheesy

Kind regards!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Thanks Joe - I'll give the new version a try tomorrow when I get back to my wallet =)
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
C'mon Suprnova, activate your pool...

Yep, they are pretty slow.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
C'mon Suprnova, activate your pool...
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The source was updated with new checkpoints (v1.4.2):

https://github.com/magi-project/magi

v1.4.1.1 still working

Nice, I've updated https://poolinfo.systms.org and made a fresh copy of the chain for users to download.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

v1.4.1.1 still working

Joe, all my coins go into stake, is this because of the 500 confirmations which takes a longer
(maybe too long) staking time.
Activity: 226
Bittrex wallet working again for me.
legendary
My wallet out of sync for 16 hour now.
Does anyone has a working wallet?

It's working again!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!

v1.4.1.1 still working
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
So I woke up to this:

I had hoped for maybe one or two blocks given the pools going up and down.. but clearly I'm on a fork.. again.  Angry Angry Angry

What software/pool are you using?
Activity: 168
Merit: 0

Yes, my wallet is synchronized (now at block 1448285). Using the only 1 node in conf file (104.128.225.215 - rest comented), I have 16 connections. On the other hand, network weight is very small ~2600. Is probably ok... I don't know what to believe  Grin
Same for my wallet. Working fine. Looks like chain needs to become stronger again!

Using only one guarantee node to save chain make chain more weakly. This node also can spread and will spread wrong blocks. Now attacker can concentrate efforts in only one node.
Please do not cherish illusions.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

Yes, my wallet is synchronized (now at block 1448285). Using the only 1 node in conf file (104.128.225.215 - rest comented), I have 16 connections. On the other hand, network weight is very small ~2600. Is probably ok... I don't know what to believe  Grin
Same for my wallet. Working fine. Looks like chain needs to become stronger again!
Activity: 616

legendary
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
Just changed the block confirmation to 520. Everything should work now in http://104.207.149.217.
legendary
The only way to avoid splitting in future is to accept and execute my suggestions:
1. Hardcode main pools in client (need list) to be guarantors of the chain, not forever. For example, we have 10 pools in list, if 7 of 10 accepted block, that block true.
2. Try to find out vector of attack (pow or pos) and develop a protection system.
3. Test protection system several times with emulation of attack
4. Remove hardcoded pools.

Without this steps, we will have new splits again and again.

Thanks iam sure Joe will look into this.
This is what i like. Working together on solutions
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
The only way to avoid splitting in future is to accept and execute my suggestions:
1. Hardcode main pools in client (need list) to be guarantors of the chain, not forever. For example, we have 10 pools in list, if 7 of 10 accepted block, that block true.
2. Try to find out vector of attack (pow or pos) and develop a protection system.
3. Test protection system several times with emulation of attack
4. Remove hardcoded pools.

Without this steps, we will have new splits again and again.
legendary
I understand this is frustrating while this is the situation we have at this moment, and becomes quite most recently. My looking back the chain turns out a lot of PoW blocks mined right after the fork point pointing to one /few miners own considerable hash to push the chain faster than the rest, and I go the direction that the big miners somehow reported by people might be the cause. I'd see this a dilemma we're facing when we try to maintain the whole network hash up to a limit but few parties can bring in huge hash from whichever channels they can acquire. This is the plan we are thinking of to take on at this moment:

1) Please connect to the chain that 104.128.225.215 and poolinfo.systms.org are on. Shortly, I'll get an updated block data / wallet for downloads.

Edit: You can use the block date from here to catch up http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/

Place connect=104.128.225.215 in magi.conf, or

magid -connect=104.128.225.215

2) We will make changes to the PoW ASAP. I must admit and make such a note upfront here that there is no guarantee that we'll be 100% isolated from hard fork, and there is always a probability unless we grow up to a scale that no one can compete the rest in both PoS and PoW. I recognize a weak point that we keep the network hash to a lower limit to favor low-hash miner, and that is where we're suffering from, while I would remain to stay on this.

Please make suggestions.

Be sure you adjust the magi.conf
Jump to: