Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 465. (Read 2375638 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
wallet always show  "out of sync",but already 1446791

exactly the same

why?

Because Smiley
Activity: 81
wallet always show  "out of sync",but already 1446791,why?
Activity: 343
Merit: 102
Updated the source:

https://github.com/magi-project/magi

Block data:

http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/

Wallet downloads:

http://coinmagi.org/bin/m-wallet-1.4.1/

Changes:

* Update block version to 5 and reject any other versions

* Minimum coin age raise to 8 hours

* Coin maturity to be increased to 500 blocks

* Staking will be default to be disabled unless given "posii=1" in magi.conf

* Updated checkpoints

1st attempt failed. removing addnodes and trying again... stuck at 1 day. 2nd attempt no addnodes no sync... still not working everyone is stuck at 1446791
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Before contacting the different pools, exchanges & share the update by Twitter & other social media i would like to receive feedback if Magi is back into the Cryptoworld.
Mean if all things work correctly!
last block is 1446791 Grin Grin Grin Grin
PS:Still wait answer from developers for my previous question.
Will answer your question when back on again.

Thank you, will wait.

About new wallet,  

Install 1.3 from coinmagi page
Replaced with 1.4.1  executable
Downloaded new blockchain,and get out of sync
Last block is 1446771
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Should we use the 3 addnodes (one gave a misbehave) or the connect list in the magi.conf
Joe, send you a PM.
only one active node
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
Updated the source:

Block data:

Wallet downloads:

Changes:

* Updated checkpoints

Thanks Joe. Updating now.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
Will answer your question when back on again.
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
Linux version not there, will do.

I am going to create a new pool as an example of my theories that will auto-optimize users who exceed the optimimum hashrate

You can control only own pool , but what about others, you can`t control it.
So it is weak side of magi coin, it can be easily spammed by high hashrate.

legendary
Coin of the Magi!
Updated the source:

Block data:

Wallet downloads:

Changes:

* Updated checkpoints

legendary
My wallet stuck and can not sync with the network, this has been going on 2 days. I am too eager to withdraw my coins in bittrex and until now the coins has not reached my wallet yet. What happened ? Huh
I hope to fix it soon Kiss and want it back to run smoothly again!

Have you done this yet?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20853988

Also, minerclaim seems to be down entirely now.  They also told me my coins may simply be gone and they will not replace them if they don't show up again.  I'd be curious as to what kinds of transactions have taken place near the blockchain problems...
No amigo that was a very quick fix but it was not perfect.
New developments & improvements are in progress.
legendary
Maronk i sent you a pm.
Chronosphere, chilend, 8count thanks for your posts with nice words and support. Magi team really appriciate that.
Good words are giving people more strenght to continue & work harder. Magi dev & team are working very hard to build improvements and also look at the reason of this issue so it will not happen again.

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

My wallet stuck and can not sync with the network, this has been going on 2 days. I am too eager to withdraw my coins in bittrex and until now the coins has not reached my wallet yet. What happened ? Huh
I hope to fix it soon Kiss and want it back to run smoothly again!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Really hoping the issues can be fix soon and have everything back to normal. It's my favorite coin to CPU mine.
I can see Joe is working hard for a fix and I thank him for his time.
Love this coin but I just want it back to running smoothly again Cry

It happened on lot coins.Wish it can fix soon.
Love this coin but I just want it back to running smoothly again.!
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
Really hoping the issues can be fix soon and have everything back to normal. It's my favorite coin to CPU mine.
Love this coin but I just want it back to running smoothly again Cry
Activity: 48
Are there any pool coders in the audience?

What about coders familiar with m7m?

I am going to create a new pool as an example of my theories that will auto-optimize users who exceed the optimimum hashrate based on amount of miners in the pool at the time automatiaclly and only use from each contributer the optimized hash rate if they are exceeding it as an option in one's mining options page.

A stat box should be shown that allows display of a "suggested optimum hash rate" as well for those that want to control this manually and can see at all times the best hash rate to set their miners to.  This can also be accounted for in sweet spot cpu optimization software that would be able to take the input from the server based on block reward and difficulty and automatically set your cpus to use the best rate of hashing.

Everyone should get paid equally from this coin and to do this we need to make an optimum hash rate per mining pool account so the block reward is always at it's highest for everyone.

Please contact me privately at aumremixed@gmail or text 6788710898 if you want to talk about a project of new pool.   This is a paying gig to customize pool software with the perk of getting 1 copy of it to open your own pool as well as the coder.

I want to redesign pool mining for this coin so the pool pays out everyone who can contribute the max pool speed to get paid the max amount for their hash equally, those who cannot will still get normal pool reward based on their % of contribution as usual.

Thanks!

E
Activity: 48
I see this from a few angles at this point as a witness and audience member only so far lurking as a guest as I have an interest in this coins future as I really like the fairness of the mining processes.

1 - This was the first time I had bought into this coin prior to a market spike.  I noticed the spike at 8000 satoshi when i had bought in at 3700.

I wanted to take profit of my small profit and double my money on record as proof of concept to an investor friend.

This investor friend is now skeptical of investing because of the wallet issues and the platforms and pools etc.

The chaos that is surrounding this is going to scare off many people from this coin.  I am mixed about how I feel in the end, because I want this coin to remain stable and keep having spikes to 10k satoshi and then return to 3500 every time.

For this to happen and prove it's resiliency, this must remain so.  If this is true then big investors would not really be welcome because its their kind we were kind of trying to push away from this coin.  This chaos is a positive thing for this purpose because in the end end we want to keep the market cap just below what the major exchanges will allow and get listed on kraken etc so its easier to have more aggregators of liquidity for the purposes of TAKING PROFIT, of which I cannot because I can only use bittrex due to living in hawaii the state laws prohibit most platforms from operating here due to outdated laws.

In the end I would say this is a mixed blessing.  It is proving the coin can repair itself but it is also showing some kind of weakness that makes people paranoid it was hacked and now has some kind of compromised code that is causing it to fork.  Until the code is figured out as to why it keeps forking, or even why this is POSSIBLE without the intent of the dev and is happening dispite his efforts, this coin is now a risky investment because of the lack of ability to cash out the profits from the spikes that happened that are within normal spike parameters of prior market behavior so far even when DDOS'd by 7 million dollars.  At one point during that pump i saw it had 7 m in bittrex.  If that is the case, the 4 m spike mentioned before is waaaaay below the actual literal market spike of liquidity.

I don't think it's a good idea we should assume anything other than growing pains.  The cattapillar currency must shed it's cacoon to grow wings and ascend into it's next form of evolution. 

Once the fork problem is figured out at the root, the coin will be way more resilient because the dev will then know how to track down the problem if it happens again an perhaps will solve it completely so it cannot happen again without his "pushing the button" as a scheduled process controlled, like a controlled burn of cropland to create fertilizer out of the old plants and remineralize the soil.

All in all it will chase away the big boys but it will keep the faithful aligned to the old ways of this market.  I hope it stays just like it is!  I think this coin is perfect other than the unforseen issues caused by forging ahead in M7M hashing research in uncharted territory of a POS/POW hybrid coin that limits growth if it becomes a brute force "DDOS" of hashing.

I am having an issue with this though.  Does this mean its more profitable to mine solo if you have over 50 kh/s?  The pools seem to mine too quickly and the block rewards end up going way down over time?

How do we, as pools and miners on these pools, perfectly optimize our mining contribution to a pool to have the OPTIMUM payout vs mining speed, when spread among the miners as a whole?  Is it possible to display the precise amount of mining Hash speed that will pay the optimum amount as a running guide based on difficulty?

How can we improve our efficiency as miners to know exactly how fast to mine so we get the most block reward vs. speed?  How fast should a block with 1 difficulty be mined by 10 miners to perfectly optimize time of mining vs the payout block size?

We need to know these things so if we have an interloper that comes in to DDOS the hash of the coin, they will be IMMEDIATELY identifyable by their user name when their hash appears as highly out of order and the pool moderator will be able to block their hash rate down to the optimum if they insist on forcing the issue.

let's fix this so it never happens again and we all get the optimum payouts at any one time by sticking to a collectively agreed upon hashrate per miner that dynamicly shifts like the other stats based on difficulty and amount of miners, etc to make this even MORE fair?

E Smiley
Jump to: