Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private - page 12. (Read 45784 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Dev when are we going to coinmarketcap please?
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
My wallet doesnt want to connect to a remote node anymore ?!?!
is 5.199.161.136:9538 down ?!
Activity: 97
Does MoneroV have a discord server?

Also who are the dev's on the project?
Activity: 12
A week of pain with Monero + MoneroV GUI wallets  Angry

Can somebody please answer my question below:

I had Monero coins that I bought before the fork in my Kraken exchange account and they sat there until last week when I tried to claim my MoneroV's by sending my Monero's to the Monero GUI wallet and by then importing the seed into MoneroV wallet and I also tried the same by using the keys from my Monero wallet and my question is, should I be still able to get my MoneroV's or did I miss out due to not having them sitting in my Monero GUI wallet at the time of the fork because the balance is not showing anything in the MoneroV wallet?
Did I misread or judge it wrongly and shouldn't have left my Monero's sitting in my Kraken account?

I installed MoneroV GUI wallet on a different machine now and it has been syncing for about 24 hours now and still going to see if it works this way. PAIN IN THE ASS!

P.S. Both GUI wallets latest versions for some reason wouldn't work on my newly installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine so had to use ealrier version, weird! The error says look at log for reason which is blank on both so don't know why.

if you had your monero to kraken during the time of snapshot and kraken does not support monerov, then you are too late.
by what you state above, meaning that you send your monero last week, i assume that you missed the snapshot.
You need your kraken's monero address seed or priv key to restore that wallet in monerov.

OK, thanks a mill. for your response! That explains it well, cheers! Smiley

The reply I got from Kraken:

"Unfortunately you are not able to do this on an exchange platform like Kraken. Exchanges are custodial platforms, where the exchange holds custody of the private keys in order to secure funds for the clients on the platform. For security reasons they cannot be distributed.

If you wish to be part of airdrops or forks that are not supported by Kraken, we recommend you move your coins to a wallet that you control the private key to."

I used the MoneroV site to read up on this fork and it wasn't made clear anywhere that my Monero coins had to be sitting in a wallet other than the exchange that didn't support the fork at the time of the snapshot in order for me to gain 10:1 Monero - MoneroV. BALLS!

Might have to have a chat with my solicitor

I had Monero coins that I bought before the fork in my Kraken exchange account and they sat there until last week when I tried to claim my MoneroV's by sending my Monero's to the Monero GUI wallet and by then importing the seed into MoneroV wallet and I also tried the same by using the keys from my Monero wallet and my question is, should I be still able to get my MoneroV's or did I miss out due to not having them sitting in my Monero GUI wallet at the time of the fork because the balance is not showing anything in the MoneroV wallet?
Did I misread or judge it wrongly and shouldn't have left my Monero's sitting in my Kraken account?

I installed MoneroV GUI wallet on a different machine now and it has been syncing for about 24 hours now and still going to see if it works this way. PAIN IN THE ASS!

P.S. Both GUI wallets latest versions for some reason wouldn't work on my newly installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine so had to use ealrier version, weird! The error says look at log for reason which is blank on both so don't know why.

if you had your monero to kraken during the time of snapshot and kraken does not support monerov, then you are too late.
by what you state above, meaning that you send your monero last week, i assume that you missed the snapshot.
You need your kraken's monero address seed or priv key to restore that wallet in monerov.

OK, thanks a mill. for your response! That explains it well, cheers! Smiley
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Crypto newbie here, sorry Cheesy
I have a question for all of you smart folks here – MoneroV being a Monero fork, that means that there are some improvements when compared to Monero? Maybe it's not better per se, just different? I'm at a loss here Cheesy
Activity: 670
Merit: 130

A week of pain with Monero + MoneroV GUI wallets  Angry

Activity: 21
HEY MINERS!!

Don't forget to join MoneroV pool at "go-mine.it"! We have all the features on our pool to make your mining experience as smooth as possible!

- small fees,
 - adjustable payouts,
 - payment ID support (mining directly to exchange),
 - individual worker stats,
 - NiceHash support,
 - email notifications,
 - SSL ports,
 - dedicated Discord support channel

...and many many more...

Come and join us in crunching those blocks!! Wink

https://xmv.go-mine.it/

https://xmv.go-mine.it/assets/logo.png
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
Would be good if the coin can make it to coinmarketcap one day...
Activity: 294
When will HitBTC and Bithumb be joining?
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
http://xmvpool.net/ the pool no payments.
45tRRNC1HVKNF3UtZddA35N9CvXX5xT3nY8rYfE5eX7cZcB7dDMZrzTNxXiPMShNmPKdRAhUGwYA9hs E5VUQRfwT2xpza9R
admin, payments will be?
 or is it a scam?
Activity: 147
Seems like today CoinRoom listed XMV but with more fiat options than eth/btc.
Hitbtc seems like they started answering on their reddit sub - https://old.reddit.com/r/hitbtc/comments/8hify8/monerov/

All good news around!
Activity: 13
Activity: 17
The official MoneroV wallet is open-sourced and available on Github - https://twitter.com/monero_v/status/1003582795208445952
A handy guide on MoneroV current exchanges and soon-to-be exchanges:

https://imgur.com/a/cv70Kv2
Activity: 315
Merit: 120
MONEROV  GUI WALLET  Paбoтaл нopмaльнo , ceгoдня нe cинxpoнизиpyeтcя пишeт DAEMON FAILED TO START  кaкиe нaдo нoды пpoпиcaть , ктo пoдcкaжeт?

I'm having the same issue.  I believe it's Windows Defender, but have already added the entire build folder into the exclusion list.  I had it working for a brief time last night and it suddenly went back to the start screen.  Since then the Daemon won't start. 

Any ideas?

PS.  This looks like a really rad project and I hope the dev team grows.  Maybe they can use some of the dev team funding to work on getting a vendor to accept it. 

Here's your fix - MoneroV GUI Wallet Crash/Antivirus Fix in Windows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axEPHHeJBzQ

it is 'rad' lol, but why don't you join the dev team?  Cool

Thanks.  I ended up running the monerovd.exe file as administrator and it solved the problem.
It has come to my understanding that Bithumb will be listing XMV sometime in the future -

https://imgur.com/a/ntlbs9a

Great news, and let's have the community push more for this!
MONEROV  GUI WALLET  Paбoтaл нopмaльнo , ceгoдня нe cинxpoнизиpyeтcя пишeт DAEMON FAILED TO START  кaкиe нaдo нoды пpoпиcaть , ктo пoдcкaжeт?

I'm having the same issue.  I believe it's Windows Defender, but have already added the entire build folder into the exclusion list.  I had it working for a brief time last night and it suddenly went back to the start screen.  Since then the Daemon won't start. 

Any ideas?

PS.  This looks like a really rad project and I hope the dev team grows.  Maybe they can use some of the dev team funding to work on getting a vendor to accept it. 

Here's your fix - MoneroV GUI Wallet Crash/Antivirus Fix in Windows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axEPHHeJBzQ

it is 'rad' lol, but why don't you join the dev team?  Cool
is this the same project with Monero (XMR)? whether in the future the price will be the same as the price of monero? hopefully this project can follow the success of monero coin project
Pages:
Jump to: