Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private - page 32. (Read 45784 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Activity: 70
From the announcement by CoinEx:

CoinEx will be one of the first in the world that support asset snapshot and trading of XMV tokens on April 30th, 2018. And to provide maximum protection for customer assets, we will make the following arrangements:

Allocate MoneroV (XMV) at 1:10 ratio

On April 30th, 2018 (Block height #1564965), CoinEx will take a “snapshot” of every user’s XMR balance at the fork time. On the basis of “snapshot”, we will allocate XMV to your accounts against a 1:10 ratio on your XMR assets.

XMR deposit and withdrawal will remain available during XMR forking period.

XMV trading supported

After the fork, we will release XMV/BCH and XMV/BTC trading pairs in CoinEx so you can buy or sell XMV.

XMV Deposit & Withdrawal

CoinEx will not support XMV deposit and withdrawal until XMV chain is stabilized and all supporting services e.g. wallet are available. Please refer to our official announcement for more information.

Activity: 70
Great job MoneroV team on getting support by several exchanges like HitBTC and CoinEx!! I am optimistic for more exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Bitfinex.
Activity: 69
Merit: 2

Yesterday couldn't have been more better for XMV

two exchanges announce support in a single day
 http://Octaex.com  https://twitter.com/monero_v/status/983252942701629440
and
 Coinex.com            https://www.coinex.com/announcement/detail?id=29

Good News!
Activity: 476
Merit: 105

Yesterday couldn't have been more better for XMV

two exchanges announce support in a single day
 http://Octaex.com  https://twitter.com/monero_v/status/983252942701629440
and
 Coinex.com            https://www.coinex.com/announcement/detail?id=29

let see this bad boy to the light guys
Activity: 68
How to mine the coin?
I have bought one AMD rig two days ago and still not know how to config my rigs because it is my first time to join mining party.
Would you mind giving me links to download mining tools for XMV and codes for creating my config file, please.

Looking on youtube for how-to instructions.
https://monero.miningpoolhub.com/
Activity: 2
Coinex.com just announced they're supporting the fork: https://www.coinex.com/announcement/detail?id=29
Which other pools will support the fork?

Many requests with regards to mining #MoneroV - You will have the ability to mine $XMV on the official public pool announced soon after the fork.

Other independent mining pools will enable #XMV mining such as @MinerGate and @MoriaXmr, with many others to be announced pre-fork.
having a gui with some number of coins is synchronized with the remote node metadata demon, can I claim the xmv?

Ya absolutely. you would be able to claim your XMV after the fork
Activity: 97
having a gui with some number of coins is synchronized with the remote node metadata demon, can I claim the xmv?
copper member
Activity: 282
Merit: 31

Actual work done by MoneroV? Please give examples, because I can't see any Smiley

I'm taking their word and examples giving on this announcement -
https://monerov.org/announcement-monerov-fork-date-postponed/

"– MoneroV codebase is currently fully functional and tested (as can be seen in this image) on macOS Sierra, Windows, 64-bit and on Linux, 64-bit. We will use the additional time to add more supported machines."
"– MoneroV’s source code, including the MoneroV GUI wallet, the MoneroV daemon and all other dependencies on our Github account (as seen in this image), Will be published on Github publicly for the community to audit before released in downloadable form."

They would not be smart to not have the project open-sourced and backed by their claims.

Why are you busy criticizing MoneroV when they have a community and showing genuine effort, and you aren't you all over the new last minute fork attempts?

You still haven't said what the MoneroV team have actually done, aside from change the name from Monero to MoneroV in the GUI.

Why are you busy criticizing MoneroV when they have a community and showing genuine effort

I don't see any effort.

and you aren't you all over the new last minute fork attempts?

Not sure what you're trying to say here, but I am not a fan of Monero Classic/Monero Original/Monero0 either.
Activity: 147
DAMM. All these recent copycats of MoneroV are sprouting.
Let's hope the community will appreciate the actual work done by MoneroV, and know that the rest are just last-minute attempts.

Actual work done by MoneroV? Please give examples, because I can't see any Smiley

I'm taking their word and examples giving on this announcement -
https://monerov.org/announcement-monerov-fork-date-postponed/

"– MoneroV codebase is currently fully functional and tested (as can be seen in this image) on macOS Sierra, Windows, 64-bit and on Linux, 64-bit. We will use the additional time to add more supported machines."
"– MoneroV’s source code, including the MoneroV GUI wallet, the MoneroV daemon and all other dependencies on our Github account (as seen in this image), Will be published on Github publicly for the community to audit before released in downloadable form."

They would not be smart to not have the project open-sourced and backed by their claims.

Why are you busy criticizing MoneroV when they have a community and showing genuine effort, and you aren't you all over the new last minute fork attempts?
copper member
Let's hope the community will appreciate the actual work done by MoneroV, and know that the rest are just last-minute attempts.

Activity: 147
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
We buy monero and throw off before the fork, will soon grow in price as ltc, the main thing to have time to throw!!!
Activity: 97
having a gui synchronized with a remote Noda, can I claim the xmv? Huh
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
So after reading this entire thread and all published info on MoneroV I have come to my own conclusions.  These opinions have no basis or fact to back them up but more of a gut feeling.

I think that it is possible that Bitmain is behind or involved with this fork as they want to keep using the ASIC's they developed.  The timing of the announcements of fork coincide with the news of the Monero ASIC miners.   Nothing in the MoneroV release info states ASIC resistant or any attempt to address that question.  If I'm wrong, I'm open to being proven wrong.  I am not here to FUD, just real questions on the ASIC topic need to be answered.  Keeping core dev team a secret is a big negative in my book.   Would you buy stock in a company if you did not know any information about who ran it from the top? I noticed only one person in the MoneroV ANN asked anything about ASIC mining and that questions is still not answered.

MoneroV = centralized ASIC mining consortium.  

Like I said I have no fact to back this up just gut feelings.  My gut feelings are usually right but I could be wrong.  I have been involved with Monero since almost the beginning and I can attest the Monero community is strong and has lots of good people.  I hope for the sake of people getting involved in MoneroV it is not an ASIC continuation or a scam.  Time will tell and I hope this project really is on the up and up because I believe there are some good points for MoneroV and some issues addressed that are not addressed in Monero.

Please prove me wrong with facts if you have them regarding ASIC resistance.  For now I have not seen any fact that lead me to believe this coin is ASIC resistant.

You've mixed your forks up (easy mistake, we have a few of those now Roll Eyes). MoneroV is forking after the v7 hardfork, so they'll have the updated v7 PoW. There's a lot of reasons to hate MoneroV but this isn't one of them - Monero Classic and Monero0 are where you should direct your ASIC related hate.

Ok if this is the case then cool.  Like I said this fork offers some new potentials to Monero.  Anyway in this day and age of cryptos scammers one can never be to paranoid or careful.  I remember a guy loosing 7000 XMR to a fake My Monero site some time back. 
copper member
So after reading this entire thread and all published info on MoneroV I have come to my own conclusions.  These opinions have no basis or fact to back them up but more of a gut feeling.

I think that it is possible that Bitmain is behind or involved with this fork as they want to keep using the ASIC's they developed.  The timing of the announcements of fork coincide with the news of the Monero ASIC miners.   Nothing in the MoneroV release info states ASIC resistant or any attempt to address that question.  If I'm wrong, I'm open to being proven wrong.  I am not here to FUD, just real questions on the ASIC topic need to be answered.  Keeping core dev team a secret is a big negative in my book.   Would you buy stock in a company if you did not know any information about who ran it from the top? I noticed only one person in the MoneroV ANN asked anything about ASIC mining and that questions is still not answered.

Like I said I have no fact to back this up just gut feelings.  My gut feelings are usually right but I could be wrong.  I have been involved with Monero since almost the beginning and I can attest the Monero community is strong and has lots of good people.  I hope for the sake of people getting involved in MoneroV it is not an ASIC continuation or a scam.  Time will tell and I hope this project really is on the up and up because I believe there are some good points for MoneroV and some issues addressed that are not addressed in Monero.

Please prove me wrong with facts if you have them regarding ASIC resistance.  For now I have not seen any fact that lead me to believe this coin is ASIC resistant.

You've mixed your forks up (easy mistake, we have a few of those now Roll Eyes). MoneroV is forking after the v7 hardfork, so they'll have the updated v7 PoW. There's a lot of reasons to hate MoneroV but this isn't one of them - Monero Classic and Monero0 are where you should direct your ASIC related hate.
Activity: 306
Merit: 251

Pages:
Jump to: