Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XSX]ServX -(POW)-(Scrypt) Fucking regulations killed us - page 14. (Read 84125 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
I knew that about the 2 that had "bitcoin" in their names, these are picked up in a lot of wallets......and honestly was getting that feeling about the other one as well, simply because I was not seeing any of the typical system modifications this one makes.  I think we still need to get this one from showing up at all as most will not install the wallet with that showing up.

Is looking like my first full system scan will take another 4-5 hours......grrr, still have a couple others I will run full just to be sure.  Something has in fact been picked up already in this first scan, but will have no idea what is is until it finishes or whether related to this or not.  This pc only runs my wallets, so not a lot of chance for viruses or malware on this machine.

It really sucks this guy would do this to the coin, hopefully others will complain in his thread as well!!  Sorry you lost some BTC with this ass clown as well man, sounds like his work resulted in the block issues as well. 

Am sure we'll get her back on track here shortly man......people are going to give respect in how the issues are handled and resolved, more so than to the issues themselves!  Most devs would have gone and disappeared by now:-)

i wont go anywhere this is my baby i been nursing for 6 months ill ride this train till the wheels fall off. I am not concerned with money what i want is something that works. maybe its his fault maybe its a combination of both of us. I dont have the technical skill to pull this off without a geek. but what I can promise is diligence and hard work and 16 hour dayz until we are buying our  dinner with xsx. this is something I want for me I need this service because often I am coin rich but cash poor. I want to make something that everyone can benefit from not just me this is truly a community project and for that I am thankful   so hopefully we will see a huge drop in diff after 4524  if i get that i might sleep through the night
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Really happy to see he is offering a full refund on the work he did!!!  Hopefully that will help us get another programmer to fix everything up for us:-)
legendary
I knew that about the 2 that had "bitcoin" in their names, these are picked up in a lot of wallets......and honestly was getting that feeling about the other one as well, simply because I was not seeing any of the typical system modifications this one makes.  I think we still need to get this one from showing up at all as most will not install the wallet with that showing up.

Is looking like my first full system scan will take another 4-5 hours......grrr, still have a couple others I will run full just to be sure.  Something has in fact been picked up already in this first scan, but will have no idea what is is until it finishes or whether related to this or not.  This pc only runs my wallets, so not a lot of chance for viruses or malware on this machine.

It really sucks this guy would do this to the coin, hopefully others will complain in his thread as well!!  Sorry you lost some BTC with this ass clown as well man, sounds like his work resulted in the block issues as well. 

Am sure we'll get her back on track here shortly man......people are going to give respect in how the issues are handled and resolved, more so than to the issues themselves!  Most devs would have gone and disappeared by now:-)
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Finally good news

from a good friend who secures networks for a living

Those are generic warnings. This is not an actual virus
(name removed)
The heuristic scan pick up parts of bitcoin behavior
legendary
It sounds like there was some knowledge of this problem on your end but nothing was mentioned here?  I can't believe I would be the first to have noticed this, would assume the exchanges would have noticed this at the very least!! 

What are plans to resolve this since it sounds like we just lost our programmer?

Really pissed I am going to lose a couple hours making sure my damn machine is clean!

Is this project still going to move forward and if so can you answer my question about the certs?!

yes once the coin is working well and we llc I  will have those certs out right now its kinda pointless
as for the viruses i found out monday but i thought the new code was clean until u said something
here is a link to the original programmers thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8659757
I suggest you tell him how you feel as I did
I'm not passing the Buck ITS MY PROJECT AND MY FAULT! But I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK EVEN IF IT SUCKS !
I do

Is all good man.....guess we can both share in the fault, I know I faulted by not checking it.  That in my opinion makes it my fault that my pc is down right now. 

All good on the certs too, fully understand and again no worries there either:-)

Will definitely leave a nice comment for the jerk!

Best of luck getting it sorted man!!
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
It sounds like there was some knowledge of this problem on your end but nothing was mentioned here?  I can't believe I would be the first to have noticed this, would assume the exchanges would have noticed this at the very least!! 

What are plans to resolve this since it sounds like we just lost our programmer?

Really pissed I am going to lose a couple hours making sure my damn machine is clean!

Is this project still going to move forward and if so can you answer my question about the certs?!

yes once the coin is working well and we llc I  will have those certs out right now its kinda pointless
as for the viruses i found out monday but i thought the new code was clean until u said something
here is a link to the original programmers thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8659757
I suggest you tell him how you feel as I did
I'm not passing the Buck ITS MY PROJECT AND MY FAULT! But I THINK PEOPLE SHOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK EVEN IF IT SUCKS !
I do
legendary
Oh shit!

Just checked the original wallet and it has the exact same viruses being listed, fuck!  Have been running this one for a while, can't believe I didn't scan this before using!!  Time for some house cleaning, hopefully no major damage.

Whoever did this needs to have their ass KICKED and HARD!
original programmer is user Valzador who fucked it up big time and bailed

prolly in the source too
but like I said I have run it on multipile machines hit it with tdsskiller anti rootkits and more and havent found anything

Yeah, I am not seeing any signs of infection after initial checks of common things this virus does so that is good sign.  Will report after running a mass of scanners on the machine.

So I built the second wallet from source. I've built a fair amount of windows qt's floating around this forum and none have been infected. Built using a clean Virtual Machine who's only task is as a dedicated build enviroment..I suggest looking at the source code.

Bro, I wouldn't understand anything looking at the source code man!  I can only rely on a good scanner as I am not a programmer and don't understand a lick of code.  I have become accustomed to seeing the bitcoin mining false positives, but this one is of concern to me.  I have NO idea whether harmful or not, so far is looking ok with my checks....but does not change the fact that for me after seeing this, I have to shut down operations on this machine and scan it with several scanners! 

Will lose over a half a day of staking on NUMEROUS wallets and mining on this machine!  That is utterly frustrating, but I take responsibility for it landing on my own machine, I should have scanned it from the start.....don't know why I didn't, must have been in a rush as I always do this.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
Oh shit!

Just checked the original wallet and it has the exact same viruses being listed, fuck!  Have been running this one for a while, can't believe I didn't scan this before using!!  Time for some house cleaning, hopefully no major damage.

prolly in the source too
but like I said I have run it on multipile machines hit it with tdsskiller anti rootkits and more and havent found anything

Yeah, I am not seeing any signs of infection after initial checks of common things this virus does so that is good sign.  Will report after running a mass of scanners on the machine.

So I built the second wallet from source. I've built a fair amount of windows qt's floating around this forum and none have been infected. Built using a clean Virtual Machine who's only task is as a dedicated build enviroment..I suggest looking at the source code.
legendary
Oh shit!

prolly in the source too

legendary

legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Oh shit!

prolly in the source too

here is the thread for the original programmer
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8659757
everyone go tell him how you feel about his work

legendary
Oh shit!

Just checked the original wallet and it has the exact same viruses being listed, fuck!  Have been running this one for a while, can't believe I didn't scan this before using!!  Time for some house cleaning, hopefully no major damage.

legendary
Hey Dev..........

Just went to install the new wallet as the original stopped syncing.  Noticed something of concern when I checked the file on VirusTotal.com!  I am used to seeing false positives for bitcoin miners etc, but this one is saying there are 3 viruses with one that sounds really bad........"Win32.Poison - Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT".......this is a backdoor virus that allows for remote access.  Not liking the sounds of that and have never seen that one listed in any other wallets!

Any ideas what this is and why it is there?

Also.....is there an ETA on when you will be sending out the certs?

Congrats on your last sign lease:-)

yea we are concerned too I thought the new version didn't have those when I scanned let me look into it seems ol Valzador might have sabotaged us from the get here

Cool man, will wait on the upgrade.  Think we should remove links to that wallet till resolved!!

Who is this Valzador chap?

Did the first wallet have bugs in it?  Not sure I scanned that one, hopefully I did as usual.

You missed question on certs?

Thanks for the quick reply bud!
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Hey Dev..........

Just went to install the new wallet as the original stopped syncing.  Noticed something of concern when I checked the file on VirusTotal.com!  I am used to seeing false positives for bitcoin miners etc, but this one is saying there are 3 viruses with one that sounds really bad........"Win32.Poison - Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT".......this is a backdoor virus that allows for remote access.  Not liking the sounds of that and have never seen that one listed in any other wallets!

yea we are concerned too I thought the new version didn't have those when I scanned let me look into it seems ol Valzador might have sabotaged us from the get here

Files reported as Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT are not necessarily malicious.

what I can say for sure is i have ran both the file and the system its running on through TDSSkiller and both came up clean

legendary
Hey Dev..........

Just went to install the new wallet as the original stopped syncing.  Noticed something of concern when I checked the file on VirusTotal.com!  I am used to seeing false positives for bitcoin miners etc, but this one is saying there are 3 viruses with one that sounds really bad........"Win32.Poison - Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT".......this is a backdoor virus that allows for remote access.  Not liking the sounds of that and have never seen that one listed in any other wallets!

legendary
Fucker of "the system"
the waiting is the hardest part
legendary
Fucker of "the system"

2,300 for 1 year lease another great sign by EXPRESS BILLBOARDS 
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Block 4522 will be even in higher difficulty, it may be 3 days before we solve it.
Nevertheless I'm throwing in all my hash to help.
block 4523 saw a 33% reduction in difficulty lets send positive love to the blockchain and hope block 4524 sees an even lower diff 
Activity: 924
Block 4522 will be even in higher difficulty, it may be 3 days before we solve it.
Nevertheless I'm throwing in all my hash to help.
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
hopefully it retargets
OM mani padme om
Pages:
Jump to: