Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 47. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Version 0.13.7.5 released!

Due to a bug in our last release v0.13.7.4, it is required for everyone to upgrade their nodes and wallets to version 0.13.7.5 ASAP. This is a mandatory upgrade that needs to be installed regardless if you had issues or not.

If you were stuck on a block before, this release should automatically help your wallet find the right block. If not, please reindex after you install the new version.

It is crucial that everyone upgrades their clients until Monday the 17th, as clienst on all versions other than this one will stop working at block 118600!

When you upgrade, please first stop your client, delete banlist.dat in your data folder and then install and run the new version.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Download here:
https://zcoin.io/get-zcoin/
https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/releases/tag/v0.13.7.5
https://bitbucket.org/zcoinofficial/zcoin/downloads/

Can i continue to mine to binance address?
Activity: 105
Does not work on two cards 1080ti - 16gb RAM.
Need more memory?
Activity: 100
Merit: 28
When you upgrade, please first stop your client, delete banlist.dat in your data folder and then install and run the new version.

Any node need to be added to sync my wallet after upgrading?
Or the version of wallet launched with nodes integrated inside, and no need to add nodes?
No need to add nodes, it will find and sync up by itself.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
I can't get ccminer djm34 for zcoin to run on my  windows 8.1 with gtx 750ti .. just opens then closes. have plenty of ram.
I don't think a 750Ti has enough video memory. The miner needs at least 4.5 GB.
Thx  Smiley I was told we need 4.5 GB of computer ram...not video ram.
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
I can't get ccminer djm34 for zcoin to run on my  windows 8.1 with gtx 750ti .. just opens then closes. have plenty of ram.
I don't think a 750Ti has enough video memory. The miner needs at least 4.5 GB.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 487
Merit: 100

Any node need to be added to sync my wallet after upgrading?
Or the version of wallet launched with nodes integrated inside, and no need to add nodes?
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
Version 0.13.7.5 released!

Due to a bug in our last release v0.13.7.4, it is required for everyone to upgrade their nodes and wallets to version 0.13.7.5 ASAP. This is a mandatory upgrade that needs to be installed regardless if you had issues or not.

If you were stuck on a block before, this release should automatically help your wallet find the right block. If not, please reindex after you install the new version.

It is crucial that everyone upgrades their clients until Monday the 17th, as clienst on all versions other than this one will stop working at block 118600!

Download here:
https://zcoin.io/get-zcoin/
https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/releases/tag/v0.13.7.5
https://bitbucket.org/zcoinofficial/zcoin/downloads/
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
New miner for nvidia rtx ? Actually have 800 kh/s with rtx 2080 with this .

How much hashrate with nvidia 1080ti ? .
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
hash rate drops significantly over time with the djim miner
Activity: 826
Merit: 440
there is also the system ram requirement.
10GB for cpu miner, about 5 for _each_ gpu with current miners.
Yes, you can thing it is a lot and it is a lot in the current mining world.
This a (re)new way to mine : exit the ASIC and the GPUs farms or even GPUs RIGs : welcome to a lot of miners with only one (big) GPU ; welcome back to the gamers :-).
The best config today for XZC is a 2 cores CPU, 16 GO RAM + GTX 1080 Ti.

Nota : CPUMiner is not working good with my 6 cores 8600 K. I don't mine with.
I get the idea and I welcome it.
you got numbers on 1080ti?
GTX 1080Ti @70% power limit : 555 kh/s
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
This a (re)new way to mine : exit the ASIC and the GPUs farms or even GPUs RIGs : welcome to a lot of miners with only one (big) GPU ; welcome back to the gamers :-).

I get the idea and I welcome it.
you got numbers on 1080ti?
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Hello, I'm trying to compile the wallet from github source in 15.04, but I'm getting this error:
src/or/libtor-testing.a(src_or_libtor_testing_a-main.o): In function `tor_run_main':
main.c:(.text+0x8fd8): undefined reference to `evutil_secure_rng_set_urandom_device_file'

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 172
Tell me, please. Can I use old lyra2z miner, or I need a new for XZC to mine?

lyra2z miner does not work now for Zcoin, you need mtp miner.
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
Tell me, please. Can I use old lyra2z miner, or I need a new for XZC to mine?
Activity: 826
Merit: 440

Activity: 139
Merit: 10
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Very idiotic POW algo Zcoin choose. Miner use 6GB+ RAM, 4GB+ Video memory.
RAM refilled every time with new job. Hashrate on 1060 6Gb is 10 times lower then before fork.

Absolute hashrate does not matter but relative one does.

This. High hashrates mean fast and simple hash functions, which are very ASIC-friendly, and it's not what the community wanted. It's also a bit like the Megahertz Myth of CPUs: do you care about real-life performance or a meaningless number?

Still, the memory requirements of Zcoin's current MTP implementation are quite steep. A 4GB GPU is not enough, you need 6GB in practice (as there are no GPUs with 4.5 or 5GB). This means only newer GPUs. A lot of people have GPUs with 1..4 GB VRAM, and they are now useless for Zcoin. Hash is being concentrated to those with the latest GPUs.

If the MTP miner only required 1 or 2 GB, we could distribute the hash to a much wider community. And I guess it would still be ASIC resistant, because a factor of 2 is not a deal breaker.
Activity: 172
RAM refilled every time with new job. Hashrate on 1060 6Gb is 10 times lower then before fork.

Absolute hashrate does not matter but relative one does.
Activity: 315
Pages:
Jump to: