Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 23. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 03:54:35 PM
Hi, is this coin still so efficient to mine? Been thinking of switching to it but cannot decide. Any thoughts guys?

I'm mining it with 2x gtx1070, -100GPU/+600Mem @90% pow (compared with others, this algo is using around 30% less power), getting ~11.5 S/s per card.
Currently, on suprnova, getting 3.1 ZERO per day (with both cards).
Maybe at the moment it's not the most rewarding coin, but uses less electricity and cards are running cold and quite.
Activity: 8
February 16, 2018, 03:39:55 PM
Hello all, I just found zero on WTM and was looking into mining it, but I'm concerned with the mining fees.  As far as I can tell, there is a purpose made Optiminer that is the only way to mine this coin and has a built in 2.5% devfee in the newest version that's available for download.  Is this the only way to mine this coin?  Can the fee be edited like in other equihash miners?

You can add --nodevfee (the miner will be a little bit slower)
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
February 16, 2018, 02:14:20 AM
Hello all, I just found zero on WTM and was looking into mining it, but I'm concerned with the mining fees.  As far as I can tell, there is a purpose made Optiminer that is the only way to mine this coin and has a built in 2.5% devfee in the newest version that's available for download.  Is this the only way to mine this coin?  Can the fee be edited like in other equihash miners?

For me a stable miner with good hashrate is more important than fee ranging 1-2,5%. If he made a now stable miner just for this one coin the fee is not outrageous. But if Zero completes its roadmap he wont have a monopoly for long and competition will reduce the fee Smiley
Activity: 1
February 15, 2018, 10:49:36 PM
Activity: 17
February 15, 2018, 06:46:24 AM
someone needs to remove the slack link from the website
also most websites have the links to social sites at the bottom of every page not just the about page

can the devs add a send and request feature to the mobile wallet?
that generates a code that can be sent via chat / whatsapp / email etc to a friend so that when they click it then the wallet automatically opens and starts a transaction of the specified amount?
i think that would be really smooth and cool

whatsapp is rolling out send and receive money direct from to bank account in india using the governments UPI

also that website that has coin events listed has ZERO being added to a large exchange on the 31st of march and i just want to say that we dont have to wait until the 31st of march, and also that the timeline never specified that date in particular, just Q1.

Im excited for the mobile wallet, please make it sexy smooth and easy to use and also make it functional

Add an 'invite friends to install zero wallet' button

stuff like that
Activity: 338
February 15, 2018, 12:46:49 AM
Hi,is there stil unlimited suply ?
thanks

Yeh ,7200 coins mined daily.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 08:20:31 PM
just a quick look at the roadmap

http://zero-currency.com/roadmap.html

Dark Ages
Creation of Zero Feb 2017
Listed in Cryptopia Exchange Mar 2017
Grown to 3 Mining Pools Oct 2017

Renaissance
Community Takeover Nov 27th 2017
 New ANN in Bitcointalk-Rebirth

Website

Added Windows Wallet

Grown to 4 Mining Pools

Community Takeover Dec 2017
 Listed in 2nd Exchange

Official Social Platforms Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Slack

Grown to 6 Mining Pools

10x Increase in Network Hashrate since takeover

Industrial Revolution
Q1 2018
 Github Important Security Update/Upgrade v.1.0.14

Team Size Increase

Release of Roadmap and Team info

Mobile Wallet

To be listed in one Large-size Exchange

New Windows Software Miner

50x Increase in Network Hashrate since takeover

Technological Revolution
Q2 2018
 Impose ALL Pools commission 1% to cover growth/evolution costs

Increase Block size if needed

WormholeX Whitepaper release

Mach Wave Project (Highly Experimental)

First Step of Zero Alliance

Space/A.I. Revolution
Q3 2018
 Listed in at least 1 of top 5 Exchanges

First Implementation of WX (WormholeX)

Fully working WX and Mach Wave

Zero Alliance Established
February 14, 2018, 08:12:42 PM
hey guys

you can join zero telegram for more instant answers or news or just to say hello

http://t.me/zerocurrency
Activity: 42
February 14, 2018, 07:56:22 PM
I cannot find blockexplorer...,any new links?

here you go

http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/
Activity: 336
February 14, 2018, 07:51:11 PM
I am interested in this thread with curiosity because I like the name. The purpose of this coin is very interesting and the market has reacted positively to the takeover of society. I hope you succeed for the sake of the stakeholders. I will study this coin more.
Activity: 394
February 14, 2018, 07:33:43 PM
I cannot find blockexplorer...,any new links?
Activity: 394
February 14, 2018, 07:32:27 PM
Hi,is there stil unlimited suply ?
thanks
Activity: 224
February 14, 2018, 06:42:43 PM
Hi, is this coin still so efficient to mine? Been thinking of switching to it but cannot decide. Any thoughts guys?
Activity: 252
February 14, 2018, 03:44:24 PM
Zero is a great project with a future, I like the idea of this project! When ZERO gets on a new exchange?
Activity: 804
Merit: 251
February 14, 2018, 03:03:55 PM

No you are not. Check out BTCZ. They already have dedicated branded Android wallet and branded GUI miner. Very cohesive development team. Uses pure Equihash not modified like Zero. Best Equihash coin.

That's sounds very good for them
Did you also go to every single other equihash coin to make the same statement?

I guess not....

I wonder why that is

DM

Im guessing that poster has a decent stash of the coin he is trying to promote hehe. Not the best tactic, but maybe he gets one or two to look at his coin.
Not me though Smiley Sounds like a pure clone, not much to brag about.

My thoughts exactly Smiley

PS. Bisba: Ginzink was not referring to us

DM

Forgot to add, i dont hold any Zero. I tried mining but had issues with the mining program, but kept an eye on the thread to see if i would end up buying in the future. Why? Because it is not a clone, and then you never know what can happen. If the early signs of a future big one show up i want to be early Smiley
hey buddy....

post your problem and im sure someone gonna help you...or you can join the telegram...

thanks for being here

Hi,

Thank you, i tried at the time but only here. Dont think there were telegram group then - but Zero has evolved Smiley
Now i am mining another coin which i need some more of before i change again. Not naming it as it is irellevant to Zero, but not a competitor to Zero that much i can say.

No worries.
We do not have competitors in crypto space anyway. In the sense that really we are ALL in the same boat here

Our real competitors are enemies of cryptocurrencies and they are many Smiley

But these enemies will lose...simply because you cannot stop a big Wave when its coming towards you...Best thing you can do is ride it Smiley

DM

You don't have any competitors in crypto space anyway? What are you offering with your coin that other coins don't offer?
Activity: 506
Merit: 250
February 14, 2018, 03:01:00 PM
Its getting Nasty in here are we in good hands or not

Can you please define "It's getting Nasty in here" ?
Thank you

DM
Well it has to do with the unpleasant turn of events, i hope Zero grows to be something pleasant
Activity: 506
Merit: 250
February 14, 2018, 02:58:22 PM
Don't rush into conclusions and please don't spread fud.

Zero stands out of the competition exactly because of the modified algorithm, which offers significant advantages:

1) faster transactions
2) fewer electricity expenses for miners; gpus get also colder compared to mining any other coin, ensuring longer life
3) cannot be mined by a significant proportion of gpus with low mem/ older gen, this way allowing mining to be more profitable since many farms with 4GB gpus prefer not to mine Zero.

These are true technical hard-coded advantages and not just some temporary factors.

On the other hand, the modified algorithm makes it harder to implement wallets and miners that are otherwise easily available for all other zcash forks.
So you can't compare BitcoinZ with Zero, as BitcoinZ is just another zcash fork, without any true differentiation.

Features such as new miners and wallets are on Zero's roadmap. If they don't get released on time, then yes, you are very welcome to criticize.

Don't forget that Zero was abandoned and just taken over around the end of November, so it is too early and since it is only traded in a small exchange, price manipulations by whales are not surprising.

I know you hold a bag of BitcoinZ and you are actively promoting it, but try to understand the issues I explained above and keep from shilling BitcoinZ here.

Its getting Nasty in here are we in good hands or not

No you are not. Check out BTCZ. They already have dedicated branded Android wallet and branded GUI miner. Very cohesive development team. Uses pure Equihash not modified like Zero. Best Equihash coin.
Ok thanks for the info im hopeful
Activity: 338
February 14, 2018, 02:18:31 PM
Thank you for the links, but it is hard enough to keep track of everything i want already so have to stick with bitcointalk thread at the moment Smiley

Ok man Smiley no probs !
February 14, 2018, 12:40:26 PM
When we talk about the requirement for 8gb RAM for mining, does that mean the GPUs themselves have to be 8GB ram, or are we talking about the ram on the rig itself? Sorry for the dumb question - I'm assuming it's the former, not the latter, but just want to make sure.
8 gigs of vram
Pages:
Jump to: