Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 42. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
January 13, 2018, 09:09:36 AM

Is there anyone here willing to help getting these parameters to comply with a z-nomp pool? ... I am also trying to get this to work on my local z-nomp pool, and as loewe1631 described up top. That configuration doesn't work. And when i just keep algorithm as equihash, I only get a bunch of invalid shares submitted. I would be grateful for any help I can get. Thank You

i already posted on page 5 of this thread links to my modified node stratum pool and equihashverify that you will need to rebuild with z-nomp to get zero to work.

great work everyone Smiley

as a thank you to all and to help strengthen the zero network i have made a quick fork of node stratum and equihashverify to support equihash 192,7 for zero.

https://github.com/joshyOcuk/equihashverify
https://github.com/joshyOcuk/node-stratum-pool-2

the simplest way to get this to work would just be install znomp then copy in the modules and npm rebuild, thats it Smiley (i have not tested the gits but im 99% confident i added all the requirements if you run into errors just let me know)

come mine with us!! http://zero.mining4.co.uk 1% fee

i will warn people with the idea of setting up a pool that it is not just set and forget and requires constant tending to, i recommend running the pool locally for a while until you understand how it works before going public as you may find its more work and research than you were willing to put into it, but for anybody willing to learn or already with the skills go for it! more pools = stronger networks

Activity: 94
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
how can i set the zero.conf with z-nomp??
My current settings are like this:
{
    "name": "zero",
    "symbol": "zer",
    "algorithm": "equihash N=192 k=7",
     "requireShielding": false,
    "txfee": 0.0001
}

2018-01-10 14:41:51 [Master]   [zero] Cannot run a pool for unsupported algorithm "equihash N=192 k=7"

Anybody have an answer to this dudes question?

There are other parameters to change, z-nomp does not support zero.

Is there anyone here willing to help getting these parameters to comply with a z-nomp pool? ... I am also trying to get this to work on my local z-nomp pool, and as loewe1631 described up top. That configuration doesn't work. And when i just keep algorithm as equihash, I only get a bunch of invalid shares submitted. I would be grateful for any help I can get. Thank You
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 07:35:10 AM
It's very interesting that suprnova hasn't replied to my post regarding the fee issue...

I would also appreciate an official response from the zero team.

A short time ago, some community members reacted against imposing a 1% fee towards Zero maintenance, development and promotion costs.

Well it looks like suprnova has already imposing a fee behind the miners back! And most miners had no idea!

Wouldn't it far better to introduce an official Zero pool collecting this fee, rather than a dishonest private pool depriving from the zero team this significant source of income that would help the coin flourish?
Activity: 338
January 13, 2018, 07:22:48 AM
Update

Hi Guys

As some of you know I am currently in NY speaking with potential investors

The Team bios/info will be announced latest by Monday night

Kinda Jetlagged and not much time to read all posts but will do at first given opportunity

Stay tuned.
DM

Great stuff! Will repost to relevant social platforms .
Activity: 202
January 13, 2018, 07:17:43 AM
Update

Hi Guys

Kinda Jetlagged and not much time to read all posts but will do at first given opportunity

Stay tuned.
DM
good morning demar...

hope you have a great times
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
January 13, 2018, 06:53:22 AM
Update

Hi Guys

Stay tuned.
DM
Activity: 23
January 13, 2018, 05:57:35 AM
Hello,

Have noticed that the website shows 'Zerro' on the browser tab when on the 'http://zero-currency.com/our-team.html' page.

Please can Evgenia correct this.

cheers,

FOMI
January 12, 2018, 10:50:51 PM
VERY IMPORTANT REVELATION

For quite some time I have been receiving complaints about miners on suprnova not getting the amount of coins expected.

Well here it is guys.

A pool has to collect fees to maintain server, investments, electricity costs and to make a profit. Any pool asking 0% fee for an elongated time, is scamming you.

SUPRNOVA IS STEALING YOUR HASH

It claims that it has a 0% fee but in reality it has a 1% fee. It also collects 0.01 zer fees for every deposit to your wallet, and since most miners do not change the frequency of withdrawals, these fees SIGNIFICANTLY increase the amount of coins lost.

A pool that gets 80% of the global hashrate by claiming that applies a 0% fee whereas it doesn't, is a MAJOR issue. Transparency should prevail and unfair oligopolies hurt all other pools.

I never like to speak for anything without EVIDENCE.

HERE IS THE PROOF:

Activity: 99
January 12, 2018, 02:59:39 PM
hi all - anyone managed to mine on win10 with 5 1080ti cards?  Huh

yes it works but is not very stable unless you do the bin mod to the miner mentioned previously in this thread, i have a premodded version available that is pinned in our mining support text channel in our discord. https://discord.gg/5v5QT3W

come mine with us at http://zero.mining4.co.uk

best regards.
Activity: 287
January 12, 2018, 02:41:42 PM
hi all - anyone managed to mine on win10 with 5 1080ti cards?  Huh
Activity: 23
January 12, 2018, 01:39:56 PM
Hello miners of zero.forgetop.com,

As you know, today our pool was down for around 4 hrs!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience and downtime.

I know we haven't been down for at least 2 months straight regardless of ddos and all constant attacks  etc.

This time though this was not an attack to our pool.

I take full responsibility for the downtime and for that reason the pool will work during the weekend starting from now with 0% fee.

Everything is now fully restored and unless something really unexpected happens there will be no downtime in the future.

Thank you all for your trust !!!

Great to hear! good work!
Activity: 36
January 12, 2018, 12:13:32 PM
Do someone know how to mine this with i7 CPU ? i am looking for a miner if already configured for this coin or send me command how to run it ?

Thanks in advance.
Zero mining is possible ONLY with GPU, sorry.

Technically there is an open source CPU miner available, but the hashrate is basically zero. I tried is once back when the nethash was hovering between 5 and 7 Ksols/s with an i7 3770K and 32 GB of memory.
Activity: 9
January 12, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
Do someone know how to mine this with i7 CPU ? i am looking for a miner if already configured for this coin or send me command how to run it ?

Thanks in advance.
Zero mining is possible ONLY with GPU, sorry.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
January 12, 2018, 11:55:07 AM

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 204
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
January 12, 2018, 11:47:19 AM
Hello miners of zero.forgetop.com,

As you know, today our pool was down for around 4 hrs!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience and downtime.

I know we haven't been down for at least 2 months straight regardless of ddos and all constant attacks  etc.

This time though this was not an attack to our pool.

I take full responsibility for the downtime and for that reason the pool will work during the weekend starting from now with 0% fee.

Everything is now fully restored and unless something really unexpected happens there will be no downtime in the future.

Thank you all for your trust !!!

Activity: 4
January 12, 2018, 09:39:55 AM
So the recent article about best altcoins to invest in on Cryptopia mentions both XSPEC and ZER.
I do have a minor amount of each. Is there someone kind that can elaborate on the core differences on these two coins in layman's terms? And what this might mean for the potential usage.

Obviously there is a difference in costs of transaction, market cap etc.
And XSPEC utilizes TOR in a different way than ZER? What are the pros and cons of each?
January 12, 2018, 05:03:15 AM
is anyone selling coins

Only trade in an exchange. Otherwise you may get scammed.
Activity: 17
January 12, 2018, 01:11:42 AM
is anyone selling coins
Activity: 4
January 11, 2018, 11:11:52 PM
What kind of hashrates /can you get with a 3gb  gtx 1060?
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
January 11, 2018, 08:36:25 PM
Hi folks,
Just a quick update so people can be appeased with the wallet situation-

There is currently a command line wallet being developed in C++ for cross-platform application. This will serve as an alternate to the swing wallet, and should guarantee functionality on all platforms (windows/linux/mac). It's going very well and I should be having an early version (with basic features) released before the month is up.  I still need (am about to..) order a windows machine and mac dev machine before I can compile the software on those platforms. I would like to release all of it at once so no OS is favored over another. In other words, there's just a bit more coding to do (for the first release) and mostly waiting for the machines to show up. Then proceed to establish developer environment on both machines to thoroughly test the software on all platforms before release.

In ordering the new dev machines, I can negate attempts of competition to steal the code before it's released by Zero (by offering to "test" it on their machines). Believe it or not, this has already been attempted.

Once the basic version is released I will also add multi language implementation for global support and additional features. It will be a full featured app that serves to replace the extremely un-user-friendly -cli tool that is bundled with the daemon.

In the near future (sometime 2018 to give a perfectly large window), as I posted once before, the GUI software will be released for all platforms also. I am pausing work on that for the moment to finish the Zcommand wallet which will serve as an efficient, clean console wallet or as a backup for anyone who can't (or does not wish to) use the Swing wallet that is currently available. In this way, and very soon, all users of Zero will have a safe place to store their coins so they won't have to sit on an exchange.

After that, of course, the mobile wallets will be on the way ...

Thanks to all supporters of Zero! The rising value of the coin is enabling developers to obtain more tools to better serve the requirements of our customer base. Much appreciation. Have a great day!

--> Qualifier -->

PS: Apologies for the "newbie" account. I don't post here much, and yes I did create it for one purpose- to post updates about the wallet and software that I am building ..
There is nothing "new" about my participation in this community. Been around for a long time ...
this is great

thank you

You are very welcome! I am happy to be of service to the Zero community.. I think we all will be happy to have some solid tools that are bit more thoughtful than the typical offerings of the others. Zero is about to have some (additional) unique, innovative approach that has not yet been considered. All the best!
Pages:
Jump to: