Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params - page 24. (Read 131845 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Sup, homies? There is finally light in the tunnel. BTC hard fork nearing and Zero will be one of many alts to shine bright during the next alt cycle. Buckle up and make sure you don't get shaken out.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hi friends, i'm using nvidia 8Gb and optiminer version 1.2.0 running on windows, at first it runs smoothly but miner always crashes after few minutes. I've tried to set the intensity, even the underclock setting, and the temperature is maintained. Is there any solution for setting?
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
I have stated this in the past but since there are over 60 pages i don't expect someone to read them all

In Linux the optiminer-zero miner works PERFECTLY for NVIDIA's
PERFECTLY = Stable without even a reboot for the past month in at least 1070's and 1080's

Only in Windows, only Nvidia cards and only if you use more than 2 GPU's it crashes.
In Linux it just works.
1) You know the word "only" is not the case in this sutuation. Majority uses windows and nvidia also (amd mine ETH). So the correct is that miner works with nvidia "only" in linux.
2) The same about "only if". The miner work with 1070+ on windows "only if" you have no more than two of them. It also doesn't work in windows on 1060/6Gb at all.
3) Yes it is 60 pages already and 10 months of existance but still no normal windows nvidia miner. It's sad.

I ONLY have 8GB cards and i ONLY use Linux and in case you didn't realize
I don't feel sad at all, i actually feel quite happy about it but let me elaborate

The profitability of zero mining is more than double than ETH at least for as long as i am mining it
PLUS
-30% power consumption
PLUS
-(10 to 15) Celcius = Much better for the cards longevity

Activity: 728
Merit: 106
I have stated this in the past but since there are over 60 pages i don't expect someone to read them all

PERFECTLY = Stable without even a reboot for the past month in at least 1070's and 1080's

Only in Windows, only Nvidia cards and only if you use more than 2 GPU's it crashes.
In Linux it just works.
1) You know the word "only" is not the case in this sutuation. Majority uses windows and nvidia also (amd mine ETH). So the correct is that miner works with nvidia "only" in linux.
2) The same about "only if". The miner work with 1070+ on windows "only if" you have no more than two of them. It also doesn't work in windows on 1060/6Gb at all.
3) Yes it is 60 pages already and 10 months of existance but still no normal windows nvidia miner. It's sad.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Do you need Turkish translator for your project? I can help you Smiley
Thanks, we accept all contributions to the project with gratitude.
  Tearo

In Linux it just works.

A Fully working Windows (for Nvidia's) miner is in the plans for the future.
But there are more important more pressing matters before that which are under development and soon to be completed
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
ZERO is even on WTM but still no good nvidia miner. Devs maybe you pay some minerdev for it if you can't do it by yourself?
Don't you think the coin will get more popularity if it can be mined by greens?
Activity: 147
Can we mine this coin using 6GB nvidia cards??
Of course no problem, I have been with my 3 g1060mining, relative 6 g, its mining speed are not much difference.
Activity: 294
Hello. help me pls. pool zero.suprnova.cc send payment to cryptopia - https://zeroexplorer.com/?account=t1Ukicfn91h3p6yrzaJZNj9FvNteFxCHrai. coins not on wallet, why? i dnt understand it.
In superenova you have to configure your payouts differently. Mouse over you username, and go to settings. I bealive you got your payment address, min payout, etc there.

My question is what miner should i use for this?? I´m using ewbf for all my equihash in my nvidia rig. But is not working here...

You need to use optiminer-zero miner
There is a link on the first page
You cannot use ewbf as there are different parameters for the algorithm

Thanks. Do you know other alternative?. That keeps crasing using 1070(8gb) + 1080ti(12gb)
Activity: 11
Hello. help me pls. pool zero.suprnova.cc send payment to cryptopia - https://zeroexplorer.com/?account=t1Ukicfn91h3p6yrzaJZNj9FvNteFxCHrai. coins not on wallet, why? i dnt understand it.
In superenova you have to configure your payouts differently. Mouse over you username, and go to settings. I bealive you got your payment address, min payout, etc there.

My question is what miner should i use for this?? I´m using ewbf for all my equihash in my nvidia rig. But is not working here...
u need optiminer.

coins from a pool didn't arrive
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/171107/dGyZ2QYi0Z.jpg
adress
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/171107/NxLCt6MclC.jpg
pool
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/171107/tQLZbIHDSZ.jpg
where my coins? =((
the dev said himself he isn't posting here, but is there something like a clear roadmap? What are they going to implement next or will this coin just be maintained rather than technologically advanced?

There are things happening next few days that will answer your question

Yes you can use the 4GB version of the miner
But i wouldn't recommend 4gb cards as the hashing is half over those with 8gb cards

You need to use optiminer-zero miner
There is a link on the first page
You cannot use ewbf as there are different parameters for the algorithm
Activity: 55
Activity: 294

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
the dev said himself he isn't posting here, but is there something like a clear roadmap? What are they going to implement next or will this coin just be maintained rather than technologically advanced?
Activity: 11
Activity: 37
Merit: 1

Sending from T1 to T2 or vice versa = No problem in wallet OR Zero explorer
Sending from Z1 to Z2 or vice versa = No problem in wallet OR Zero explorer (They don't appear in zero explorer as per normal since they are Z- addresses)

Sending from T1 to Z1 OR Z2 = minor problem = Wallet shows correct overall balance BUT for some reason a random amount of zero gets transfered to T2(Both wallet addresses are mine). The amount chosen to go to Z1 OR Z2 transfers correctly. The zero explorer shows correct data (shows both tx's)
Example: T1 balance = 2 zero
T1 sends 1 zero to Z1 OR Z2 and although 1 zero gets to Z1 OR Z2 correctly AT THE SAME TIME a random amount (let's say 0.40) goes to T2 automatically.
So now we have
T1 balance = 0.60 zero
Z1 OR Z2 balance = 1 zero
T2 balance = 0.40 zero

Sending from T2 to Z1 OR Z2 = No problem. This is weird though because you would think that the above example would happen here also.

Hope this helps...

This is behavior inherited from upstream bitcoin v0.11.2, which is when zcash forked from it.....when you send from a taddr and it has to split a UTXO, it gets send to a randomly generated change address in your wallet.

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

Thanks... How is the Windows wallet going?
Activity: 14

Sending from T1 to T2 or vice versa = No problem in wallet OR Zero explorer
Sending from Z1 to Z2 or vice versa = No problem in wallet OR Zero explorer (They don't appear in zero explorer as per normal since they are Z- addresses)

Sending from T1 to Z1 OR Z2 = minor problem = Wallet shows correct overall balance BUT for some reason a random amount of zero gets transfered to T2(Both wallet addresses are mine). The amount chosen to go to Z1 OR Z2 transfers correctly. The zero explorer shows correct data (shows both tx's)
Example: T1 balance = 2 zero
T1 sends 1 zero to Z1 OR Z2 and although 1 zero gets to Z1 OR Z2 correctly AT THE SAME TIME a random amount (let's say 0.40) goes to T2 automatically.
So now we have
T1 balance = 0.60 zero
Z1 OR Z2 balance = 1 zero
T2 balance = 0.40 zero

Sending from T2 to Z1 OR Z2 = No problem. This is weird though because you would think that the above example would happen here also.

Hope this helps...

This is behavior inherited from upstream bitcoin v0.11.2, which is when zcash forked from it.....when you send from a taddr and it has to split a UTXO, it gets send to a randomly generated change address in your wallet.

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ
Pages:
Jump to: