Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params - page 55. (Read 131845 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Optiminer/Zero support for NVIDIA cards is now available. Might only work with never cards. And needs at least 8GB of GPU memory.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/optiminerzero-v120-amdnvidia-gpu-linuxwindows-1896901
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I see Im the second person to ask already, but is a website coming sooner or later?
The dev and I have kicked around ideas as to how to put the site together. Been a couple of weeks, since I've been traveling a bunch and I assume he's also busy with his other projects.  What kinds of content and features would you want to see on the site first?
  Tearo

how many other projects? is this one the priority?
Activity: 1419
Merit: 275
Community built, Privacy driven
I hope that there will be soon some progress and Zero will grow in value..
Activity: 228
mining with GPU RX 470 4GB worth or not ?

It's hard to say, since it depends on difficulty and market price. (price goes up, more miners, less coin per card) 4gb is only about 45-55% what its 8gb variant can do. So I don't want to say No, but, most of the time it's not very worth it. but, considering how new the coin is and how interesting it is, holding on to a few might be a good idea for future highs.

With the recent rise in price and the current low difficulty, I am pretty sure it is worth mining the coin. I am also sure that the difficulty will skyrock soon though... So mine some coins as long as you still can  Grin
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

It's hard to say, since it depends on difficulty and market price. (price goes up, more miners, less coin per card) 4gb is only about 45-55% what its 8gb variant can do. So I don't want to say No, but, most of the time it's not very worth it. but, considering how new the coin is and how interesting it is, holding on to a few might be a good idea for future highs.
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
AMD | Mining | NVIDIA
When we get working Windows wallet?
Activity: 817
Merit: 506
Activity: 434
is there a roadmap for this projects future developments?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I see Im the second person to ask already, but is a website coming sooner or later?
The dev and I have kicked around ideas as to how to put the site together. Been a couple of weeks, since I've been traveling a bunch and I assume he's also busy with his other projects.  What kinds of content and features would you want to see on the site first?
  Tearo

Anything to show there are active people behind Zero with a roadmap if possible.   Zcash influences are a major plus.  More improved version of Zcash in the slightest of ways would be a killer deal!  Even without much detail a cool looking website for this coin should increase marketcap 5 times easily at the very least.

I'd be in!

BTW, focus Zero name away from going to Zero but more like Zero competition, creating cap with 12 Zeros, etc.
Activity: 235
  Tearo
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Anyone please reply.
Activity: 388
Merit: 101
Bountying for a $100T crypto economy
I think ZER is a sleeper. Sooner or later people will wake up to the fact that the marketcap on it is micro compared to the other privacy coins on the market.

Well, when you look at the market, tbh it might be a prime candidate for top fork. Looking around at the present state of them.

This sleeper will awaken. Dev does a great job detailing the build and the gui wallet takes the cake. I'm in.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I think ZER is a sleeper. Sooner or later people will wake up to the fact that the marketcap on it is micro compared to the other privacy coins on the market.

Well, when you look at the market, tbh it might be a prime candidate for top fork. Looking around at the present state of them.
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Fortune favours the bold!
Activity: 235
Huge pop on ZEC, due to a partnership with JP Morgan. http://www.coindesk.com/jpmorgan-partners-zcash-team-add-enterprise-security/
If anyone could only remember that Zero is an even bigger and better Zcash Smiley
  Tearo
whata bout nvidia miner? are you planning to make one or only amd?

I do have some plans for an nvidia miner. But cannot say when it will be ready. Also depends on the price development of the coin.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
WOW this coin is literally impossible to mine, the top miner on suprnova pool is getting 0.01 ZER a day, and price is so cheap?  Huh Huh

Mining this coin is very difficult when you have a low specification computer but I used to get it when the price is high and I have enjoyed it  Grin

That's not true. Both the hash rate and expected payout shown at suprnova are completely off.

Let's do a quick estimate:
- current network hash rate (shown at https://zeroexplorer.com): 2729 H/s
- Daily mined coins: 7200
- Hash rate of an 8GB GPU (exact number depends on the model): ~8H/s

This means your daily pay mining with 1 GPU will be: 7200 * 8 / 2729  * 0.99 = 20.9 ZER
That's about $3.5 if you'd be crazy and dump at the current price level.

whata bout nvidia miner? are you planning to make one or only amd?
Vote for the addition of Zero to c-cex.com!

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&vc=1
WOW this coin is literally impossible to mine, the top miner on suprnova pool is getting 0.01 ZER a day, and price is so cheap?  Huh Huh

Mining this coin is very difficult when you have a low specification computer but I used to get it when the price is high and I have enjoyed it  Grin

That's not true. Both the hash rate and expected payout shown at suprnova are completely off.

Let's do a quick estimate:
- current network hash rate (shown at https://zeroexplorer.com): 2729 H/s
- Daily mined coins: 7200
- Hash rate of an 8GB GPU (exact number depends on the model): ~8H/s

This means your daily pay mining with 1 GPU will be: 7200 * 8 / 2729  * 0.99 = 20.9 ZER
That's about $3.5 if you'd be crazy and dump at the current price level.
Pages:
Jump to: