Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Truckcoin - TRK - X11 - 200% PoS Interest! - page 21. (Read 48841 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
I've been talking to kassado on #bittrex, and it looks like he thinks anything over a 20% PoS rate is too high. Our 200% is 10x that. One thing I was thinking of to limit the exponential growth of this coin was to patch it so that PoS reward goes down over time to settle at a rate like 10% or so. Thoughts on this? Ideas how we could smoothly do this to keep the coin viable?

don't change anything. Please don't play central banker. Alot of us invested real BTC because it was 200% PoS.

CAP is forking to 200% and its trading at 10k SAT. Nothing wrong with high interest. Even Sunny King himself said that low interest is TOOO LOW. Cryptos are volatile you need high interest to protect investors and attract new ones.

Don't screw this up by listening to other people. You set the network parameters at launch, stick to them.

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

Trust me when I say this. Don't change the interest rate. In my eyes its actually a scam type of move because it rewards early adopters and hurts late investors. You need to give people equal chance no matter at what stage they invest in the network.

Keep everything as is.

Could not agree more with this!

+1

There are coins in bittrex with high interest rate such: SUPER, DIG, and some more with starting interest > 20% such as JPT, ROM, OPC.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
legendary
Activity: 1232
I agree. lets try poloniex
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
well the bat shit crazy high POS is the only thing this coin has going for it (if that)

try polo?

+1
polo nice exchange and does not require as many votes as mintpal.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
I've been talking to kassado on #bittrex, and it looks like he thinks anything over a 20% PoS rate is too high. Our 200% is 10x that. One thing I was thinking of to limit the exponential growth of this coin was to patch it so that PoS reward goes down over time to settle at a rate like 10% or so. Thoughts on this? Ideas how we could smoothly do this to keep the coin viable?

don't change anything. Please don't play central banker. Alot of us invested real BTC because it was 200% PoS.

CAP is forking to 200% and its trading at 10k SAT. Nothing wrong with high interest. Even Sunny King himself said that low interest is TOOO LOW. Cryptos are volatile you need high interest to protect investors and attract new ones.

Don't screw this up by listening to other people. You set the network parameters at launch, stick to them.

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

Trust me when I say this. Don't change the interest rate. In my eyes its actually a scam type of move because it rewards early adopters and hurts late investors. You need to give people equal chance no matter at what stage they invest in the network.

Keep everything as is.

Could not agree more with this!
legendary
I would prefer 200% stake too, but it's a hard sell at Bittrex apparently.

From #bittrex:
show me a coin with more than 20% interest that succeeded
more coins = less value
its zero sum
well.. pseudo zero sum

I would have to disagree with bittrex-rami. It is a huge over-simplification of the crypto economy. Even on Bittrex this has proved untrue in many cases.

he is an idiot.

Look at TEK/HBN/SUPER/PHS....the list goes on and on. And where they hell did he get 20%? Look at Mintcoin...20% interest...dead as a door knob.

More coins doesn't mean less value...he is wrong. value is decided by the current market cap derived from an open exchanges buy/sell price.

if I create a coin with only 1 million coins...will it be worth more than a coin with 10 million.....NOPE...the number of coins doesn't determine the value.

Those guys are a bunch of idiots...plain and simple.
legendary

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

high interest promotes volatility and growth. Look at TEKcoin. 40% per Month and that thing moves! Traders love it when prices move, its how they make money. Investors love liquidity. Look @ Supercoin on Bittrex. 100% annual interest the order book is stacked wiith buy/sell orders.

Keep everything as is.
Activity: 210
I would prefer 200% stake too, but it's a hard sell at Bittrex apparently.

From #bittrex:
show me a coin with more than 20% interest that succeeded
more coins = less value
its zero sum
well.. pseudo zero sum

I would have to disagree with bittrex-rami. It is a huge over-simplification of the crypto economy. Even on Bittrex this has proved untrue in many cases.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Glad to hear some support in favor of keeping the high interest rate.  I think the interest rate of coins these days is too low also. If we are "encouraging bagholding" like #bittrex said, I would say that is way better than continuous dumping...don't you think?

if you want a low interest rate, get a savings account. I think this coin is doing something new and that's important. everybody disagrees with new at first till they see it working, so make it work Smiley

bittrex is a good exchange, it's possible to negotiate a middle ground without throwing your whole concept out of the window.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
right... which is not in the interest of an exchange.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

legendary

Don't screw this up by listening to other people. You set the network parameters at launch, stick to them. If you used NVCS then the stake percentage will go down on its own naturally, no need to patch anything.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
well the bat shit crazy high POS is the only thing this coin has going for it (if that)

try polo?
Is there still more TRK to mine, or is it POS only now?
21000 blocks in total, if i can recall it correctly.
currently just under 16200 blocks mined.

edit: good to see dev back and getting involved right away.

Yes, that is correct, 21,000 coins is the PoW ceiling. At 90 second blocks, it is 4.9875 days until PoW ends.
Activity: 456
Merit: 103
21000 blocks in total, if i can recall it correctly.
currently just under 16200 blocks mined.

edit: good to see dev back and getting involved right away.
well if people are interested in seeing this currency succeed, lets do a big push to get it listed on bittrex!! Tweet them nonstop.

I hear asking on their freenode IRC chan might help too...
well if people are interested in seeing this currency succeed, lets do a big push to get it listed on bittrex!! Tweet them nonstop.
Activity: 152
So many days have passed, still no news trading site(bittrex), it seems that currency also died.
Pages:
Jump to: