Author

Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - page 297. (Read 816006 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
btw, i have 0.23 sync.

Coins less than 0.3 syncs won't get stake at all
coins that are 0.3 Sync will start staking after 3 days.
1 Sync coins will start staking after 1 day and bigger ones a bit sooner, up to 6 hours

wasn't there someone who said they got minted coins with 0.1Sync?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
btw, i have 0.23 sync.

Coins less than 0.3 syncs won't get stake at all
coins that are 0.3 Sync will start staking after 3 days.
1 Sync coins will start staking after 1 day and bigger ones a bit sooner, up to 6 hours
0.85 in wallet. Staked this morning.  Grin

pics or it didn't happen  Cheesy

I dont know why, but it says it's from "2nd wallet" which is a 2nd wallet i set up just to send it all at once and back, to make a single large sum to stake.

http://gyazo.com/a320d3662e484cf752ab02d9acc2c9ad

how do i insert a pic?

yeah, i decided to go the other way, i sent all my balance out to different addresses and sent them back in 1SYNC increments; this way, my stake is pretty much constant ( I like to see that green arrow )

Cheesy
Activity: 266

stake is always nice  Grin

I should have said 1st stake was this morning.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Activity: 135
I installed sync-qt-flavoured.zip
Sync great...
How to stake?

Just leave wallet open..? Huh

I ask this because my coins not staking... My wallet is encrypted and unlocked for staking.
Activity: 126

stake is always nice  Grin

pics or it didn't happen  Cheesy

I dont know why, but it says it's from "2nd wallet" which is a 2nd wallet i set up just to send it all at once and back, to make a single large sum to stake.

http://gyazo.com/a320d3662e484cf752ab02d9acc2c9ad

how do i insert a pic?
So this is rather odd, checking the top 100 wallets my wallet claims to have held and transferred out far more coins than I've come in contact with. The balance for that wallet is correct, but volume in and out isn't. Anyone else have that going on?

I think the balance goes in/out every time it stakes.
And when sending, it often takes a full wallet and gives the remainder as "change"..

That's just the mechanics behind transactions and it doesn't really matter for practical purposes, but it makes it impossible to read a "Quicken" type of cash-flow from the blockchain. Better to make that in your own spreadsheet.  Wink

Then the question is, is this case of security through obscurity intended or a fortunate byproduct?
wouldnt call it fortunate, but I assume it's not intentional (why even bother having a rich list if it's broken?)

Although that's just me

I don't think it's broken because the balance is spot on. Just not the volume

Sync in.                      Sync out.                         Balance
10.40644118 SYNC   7.78752387 SYNC   2.61891731 SYNC

0.85 in wallet. Staked this morning.  Grin

pics or it didn't happen  Cheesy
0.85 in wallet. Staked this morning.  Grin
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
So this is rather odd, checking the top 100 wallets my wallet claims to have held and transferred out far more coins than I've come in contact with. The balance for that wallet is correct, but volume in and out isn't. Anyone else have that going on?

And when sending, it often takes a full wallet and gives the remainder as "change"..

That's just the mechanics behind transactions and it doesn't really matter for practical purposes, but it makes it impossible to read a "Quicken" type of cash-flow from the blockchain. Better to make that in your own spreadsheet.  Wink

Then the question is, is this case of security through obscurity intended or a fortunate byproduct?
wouldnt call it fortunate, but I assume it's not intentional (why even bother having a rich list if it's broken?)

Although that's just me

(Edit: "disappointing." I didn't mean that anyone had to fix this, I just felt like it was a let down. Nothing personal to the dev, just me)
Activity: 182

That's just the mechanics behind transactions and it doesn't really matter for practical purposes, but it makes it impossible to read a "Quicken" type of cash-flow from the blockchain. Better to make that in your own spreadsheet.  Wink

Activity: 420

That's just the mechanics behind transactions and it doesn't really matter for practical purposes, but it makes it impossible to read a "Quicken" type of cash-flow from the blockchain. Better to make that in your own spreadsheet.  Wink

my wallet on the richlist isn't showing anything correctly.
these things happen when you 'buy' the development of a coin.
attention to details tends to be missed.

New wallet:
http[Suspicious link removed].html
AV scan:
https://

Do NOT click that  Grin
yep something looked fishy Shocked

it always helps to check the post history of any suspicious looking user:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/jpmi1-128211

they have been posting suspicious links on other threads also.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Hi all, need abit of help, had a sync prob with my wallet earlier today did the standard procedure, wallet re synced but with only half my coins the difference now say in conflict and are greyed out, left wallet open for over 12hours now no change... thought it was time to ask for some advice. Tia

did you move wallet.dat to another wallet (fresh install)?

No I didn't, is that something I should be doing?

PM'd you this (for transparency and to help others);
............................................................................... ......
what has occurred is that your coins have hit an orphan block.

Mine did the same thing this morning.

here's what I did trying to fix it.

I initially moved wallet.dat to another wallet and found the stake portion of my balance was no longer there.
(I had 4.2sync initially with 1sync in stake)

so the new wallet only showed 3.2sync.

I then moved the wallet.dat back to the original wallet, but deleted all files from roaming/sync except wallet.dat and Sync.conf

resynchronised the wallet and it stuck at block 8200.

restarted wallet from 8200 and it synced up correctly, taking the staked coins back to spendable.

here is the reason that orphan blocks occur, as shown in your wallet minted coins;

Code:
When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain.
If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This
may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

however. when the wallet finds an orphan block (the greyed out part) it shouldn't go out of sync.
I hope this issue is fixed by the dev team with wallet v 2.

hope this helps.

Ok trying this right now, cheers
Jump to: